*** The Official Dumbarton V Rangers Match Thread ***

Captain Hilts

You could equally say if we don't give game time to our own youths then they won't want to be here and we won't have access to the best youths as they get overlooked for young loanees.

I don't have any doubt that when they're good enough, they'll get the chance (like McKay). We're not in control so much of when we choose to get the chance in the loan market. We have to keep showing Arsenal and the likes that we will play players. McKay is showing that young guys will get a chance if they're good enough. And as I say, winning the league is the priority above it all.

With a score line as it was, having already brought on the usual two subs, can't see the justification for bringing him on instead of seeing a Rangers player get a run out. Exactly the time to see if a Hardie (or the like) can cut it at Rangers.

I could see the point if since they had arrived they had seen bugger all game time, however, they've had an abundance of it, including many starts. Let's not think here they haven't been developed.

Personally, I couldn't give a toss is he develops, particularly at the expense of the development of a Rangers player, however, as you make the point, if we are relying on EPL loans to give us a boost next season for a title challenge, I hope they are of a better standard than the two we got from Arsenal or Spurs.

I would say the justification is Arsenal not thinking 'you're not getting any more players from us'. And that's a good one as far as I can see. Zelalem hasn't had that much game time that I would be totally confident that Arsenal would be happy. Not to mention that, if he is going to come back, a subs appearance first was going to be likely, because he's been out for a good while.

In theory, they should be better next season.

Bloody hell - we win 6-0 & we still find something to argue about!

:lol:

What's the internet for if not for arguing?... well forums, anyway.

Watch it or I'll argue with you, ya cheeky wee scamp.