Alloa Narrow Their Pitch

Ozblue

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Mazy74 said:

Have Alloa done this to increase standing capacity beside the pitch ? ?

They have done this to aid them getting off the bottom of the table (allegedly) Perhaps they would have more success doing it for the standing capacity :D

10 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

The rule set by uefa is your pitch size must be declared at the start of the season and cannot be altered after that

Not sure why the SFA have allowed this to happen, I am sure there must be a good reason for it.

Like I said, if parameters have been broken, then there is a case.  For me it would be a rid neck to complain though. 

I agree with Oz , and there is an argument that a pitch should have the same dimensions during a season, but changing it might actually hinder the Home team; they are the ones, after all, who have to play on in on a regular basis. I shouldn't hinder us, even though a bit of width helps. No excuses, our team should beat Alloa.

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with it, or even letting teams change the dimensions of their pitch on a game by game basis, if the laws of the game didn't allow for such a huge variation. Is it really necessary to give leeway of 30 metres in length and 45 metres in width?

I think it would be a great leveller if wee teams, playing at home, could set-up the pitch to their advantage based on who they were playing. Good teams and pro players should be able to overcome the challenge if the available pitch dimensions weren't so ridiculously varied.

7 minutes ago, one55 said:

i don't see a problem? isn't the manager allowed to ask for the pitch to be sized to his preference? i'd fully expect warburton to change the size if he believed it would benefit us.

Read this on the official web site link and see what Warburton said.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/hardly-pitch-perfect/

26 minutes ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

From the article, it looks like  it was done purely for sporting advantage.

"Right Mr. Mulraney; We cannae fuckin' defend on a pitch this size, so ah want it narrowed by 10 yards tae stop these cunts with fast wingers tearing us a new yin every time they play here."

"OK Mr Ross, I'm on the SPFL Playing Board, so ah'll hiv a chat wi' Peter and Stewart ra'morra and make a rule the pitch dimensions can be changed half-way intae the season."

It looks like both managers have been reading Sun Tzu's The Art of War.

Ross's tactics seem obvious, restrict space, get 11 men behind the ball and defend.

Sun Tzu says,

"With regard to narrow passes, if you can occupy them first, let them be strongly garrisoned and await the advent of the enemy."

And Warburton's response, "In preparing for the game we will do a lot of tight area work, narrow, looking to penetrate units and split units."

Sun Tzu says,

"On hemmed-in ground, resort to stratagem."