Joey sent home

scottjf82

5 minutes ago, BF2 said:

Keith Jackson was also adamant Garner wouldn't sign. He is a bullshitting prick.

Agree

5 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

FFS.

That's really unhelpful to everyone concerned.

Agree

4 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Who gave that exclusive?

Who knows could just be made up nonsense.

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

On the other hand Scottish sun saying we have no plans to sack joey.. He will be sacked if he doesn't apology to Warburton tho according to them

Get what you are saying, damage limitation exercise. Next headline Joey apologises. I still want the leak found.

There's no way we will sack him,no grounds and too much to pay him off(although I think we would like to)

my guess is that he will apologise,be fined a couple of weeks wages,and told to forget Twitter and don't mention

anything about us on talksport

I've said before in threads that I don't think this episode with Barton has been handled wisely or well by Warburton and the Club.   I accept I don't have all the facts of what happened or what was said but it seems to me that rather than requiring Barton to stay away until today the matter should have been dealt with the following day or on the Thursday.  That was plenty of time for tempers to cool, for relevant consultation about options to take place, to meet and then resolve.   

Building in this big time gap between the events and today has simply opened up a golden opportunity for the media to may hay in the Sept sunshine.....to speculate.......to make mischief.......to go on the attack against Rangers, Barton, and Warburton.  To compound it the decision by the Club to go all ostrich-like and not make any comment to try to settle matters down or put the media right has simply continued the pressure to build on those involved.   

Unless and until more and better information becomes available from the Club and from Barton - there are always at least 2 sides to a story - then my view remains that Warburton has not handled this at all well so far and neither has the Club.    Between them all they are dragging Rangers' reputation downhill.   Time it ended.   Today.

17 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

You've got no idea what happened.

He could have wrapped the but on David Weir for all we know, would you still be disgusted? 

Exactly.

I don't believe for a second that this was simply a few heated words. Players aren't banished for that and I doubt Warburton would send players players away for that.

People are talking about Barton's right to defend himself on Twitter and Talksport but why did he have to do it then and there? Why not go home, lay low and talk about it once things are smoothed over with the club, manager and all the press has died down.

I genuinely think that was him trying to get out there first and save his own back because in all probability, he's fucked up yet again, and he probably knows it.