Your Reaction to Ally If He Left

JamieG54

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What will it be when he leaves?

- Celebrations for a week at George Square?

- Just relief and glad its over?

- Sad it never worked out?

And overall memory?

All of the above plus a huge dose of hope and optimism for the future under the new manager.

a mixture of sadness and relief.

certainly wont be celebrating anyway. him leaving is not even close to the end of our problems on or off the park.

whomever comes in will have the same barrel of shite to work with, we will still have boardroom problems, and we have a fan base that ( for whatever reason) are staying away in droves.

there are also no guarantees that a new manager will make this team play better.

It will be up there with my best moments as a Rangers fan and that's no joke.

Never have I been more scunnerd being a bear than these past 3 years and a lot of it is down to him. He's single handedly took the enjoyment out of coming to Ibrox and turned it into a chore. All while raping us for millions and turning us into the laughing stock of the Scottish game.

The day he decides to leave (let's be honest the board won't sack him), will be the day we can finally look forward as a club and leave him, his amateur approach and fag-packet tactics behind.

Can't fucking wait.

Any true Rangers man would hate to see Ally's departure go down the same road as Greig's,with distasteful protests outside Ibrox followed by the sack.However i'll be shocked if it does'nt go down exactly the same route.Ally's a determined guy who'll only ever think he's a result away from turning it round so he'll never jump and i'm afraid with the state our board are in at the moment it'll have to be the fans who do the pushing.I've given Ally plenty second chances due to his legendary status at Rangers and also hoping he'd learn from his mistakes, but it seems to be beyond a doubt that management is a step too far for him.

At the moment we have a centre half at right back and another on the bench while Ally persists with Moshni who is a total bombscare of a player !! Was listening to Radio during Falkirk game and not one out of a panel of six ex pros had a good word to say about him and in fact were laughing at the fact he gets a game.After his shambolic performance against scumdee in the cup last season everyone could see he was out of his depth (everyone except Ally ) yet Ally thinks he knows better ? Bottom line is Ally ain't up to the job but we'll have to suffer a while before he gets his golden handshake and sad to say i along with most fans will be relieved when that day comes.While i'm at it i think Billy Davies would be the best bet to replace him given our current cash flow problems and him being out of work.

Ps. Been watching Gers for 35 years and never been so disillusioned by all things Rangers and never found it harder to go to Ibrox including the Greig years but i'll still be there when Ally's gone RTID.

i wouldnt be as upset as i am with McCoist if he was earning a fair wage - say in the region of 100k. still a high amount for a rookie manager, but it is Rangers, so 100k would be fine. the fact he is earning 8 times that in wages alone offends me. he can shite a pinecone for all i care

The title of this is very misleading...

It will be a feeling of joy.

A bit like when PLG left really. Something which you really want to work out but deep down know that it can't.

He's taken himself from one of my all time heroes to someone I can barely stand to watch/listen to.

I know I'll be absolutely buzzing for the first game that he isnt manager and we can feel optimistic about the type of football we're going to see.

Im at the point where I want him to go for his own sake. Failure to not get out of this league (and even not winning it) would probably see him never get a job as a manager of any other football club, even if he did, I often ask myself where else would he manage, who would really take a punt on him? Look at Lennon, we all know he won titles unchallenged and had one good season in Europe and even that is not enough to get clubs knocking down his door to get him to take over. Ally is fucked without us, I think he knows that which may be part of the reason he doesn't want to walk away.

Numb.

Three years ago the support was united, full of hope ( a hope that we would rebrand the type of football we had become known for) and eager to get us back to the top (to ram it up every enemy that had a kick at us while we were down).

Over the last three seasons, those feelings have been drained from the entire support, (well this part of it), only to be replaced by division, despondency and anger. The result of three wasted years.

What will it be when he leaves?

- Celebrations for a week at George Square?

- Just relief and glad its over?

- Sad it never worked out?

And overall memory?

Are you intending to give people false hope with that title, Jamie?

10% sad

40% relieved

50% inquisitive as to where it goes from here.

a mixture of sadness and relief.

certainly wont be celebrating anyway. him leaving is not even close to the end of our problems on or off the park.

whomever comes in will have the same barrel of shite to work with, we will still have boardroom problems, and we have a fan base that ( for whatever reason) are staying away in droves.

there are also no guarantees that a new manager will make this team play better.

This 100%

Ally's an optimist that believes he can turn things round. It's his nature and one of the things that always endeared him to the fans as a player (apart from the goals!) was his loyalty to the team and his unerring ability to bounce back. But...football management, and in particular with a club like Rangers, doesn't offer the time and opportunity to keep doing that. We've had false dawn after false dawn, setback after setback, and despite my continual pleas to keep things in perspective and for fans to recognise where we've sunk to and many of the obstacles thrown in our way (and stop comparing Rangers today to Rangers of 5 years ago) we should be better placed (on the pitch) than we are. Whilst I don't like it, I realise, as a squad, we're no better than average SPL, and we'll suffer average SPL type results and performances...goes with the territory of being that level of team. But what I do expect is a level of fight, of organisation, of commitment and for want of a better phrase, a Plan B. We suffer from these failings that ANY TEAM, never mind Rangers should have. If teams don't roll over, or we don't score early enough, we all too often struggle for lack of these attributes. I can blame the players for being average, but I can't blame them for the other bits.

And for all Ally was considered to be the glue that held us together during the darkest of days, he is now being blamed by many as the reason for virtually every ill the club faces at the moment. Short memories there and apart from being inaccurate it's just the nature of being a high profile football manager where expectation exceeds reality. And the vitriol that's being poured onto him by grown-ups who should really know better...whatever you think of his abilities as a manager, he's still one of us. Save that rhetoric for those that deserve it...like those that put us in this position in the first place rather than those that are, however ineffectively, trying to get us out.

Having said all of that, the answer to the question,

Sad that it's not worked out.

Sad that the longer it goes on the more damage he's doing to the playing side of the club.

Sad that a legend has potentially tarnished his reputation for good amongst an element of the support.

Relieved that it may well be an opportunity to change playing direction.