If Allan came in I think he'd suit the left of the front three. He can cut in on that side and drift along the line rather than playing in the centre.

I'm happy with how Law, Halliday and Holt are doing in there and wouldn't want to disrupt it.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we sign Allan I'd probably replace Templeton (would've been Walsh or McKay last night).

That would likely mean putting Holt or Law wide which I don't think would be too big a problem as they would have the freedom to come inside.

Dont think we are going to sign Allan now.

Maybe in Jan, or next summer...

If... he is still decent by then!

I'm with you on your opening comment,Gillete :pipe: I've learned from experience it's unwise to pass judgement on a player so early as sometimes it comes back to make you look a fool :lol: I was also not real fussed when I heard we were signing Holt but the lad is on his way to proving he is a talent in the making.

I was the exact opposite of you regarding Davie Weir because when Walter signed him I almost creamed myself as I have always been a big admirer of DW since he played with Falkirk in 1992 (Iirc he played righ-back then) and even then I hoped we would buy him.

Never a player with pace even in his younger days, but his positional sense was excellent. :praise:

Lets hope we are raving about the boy in a few wks time mate

Lets hope we are raving about the boy in a few wks time mate

I'm sure we will be raving about Davie Weir in a few weeks time,Mate! :clap: Holt I am unsure of :lol:

Seriously though! I'll give you a name from the past and Jason Holt reminds me of him a lot.This player played a big part in my formative years learning how to play football properly so I think I am in a position to make a comparison.

This magician is a man named John Livingstone McMillan..... does the name ring a bell? :pipe:

If holt turns out to be special then why is their a fixation that we should sell him to make money, we are Rangers and we need to keep good players to build a successful squad.

Stop living in the past. We need to develop players and sell them on for good money.

Middlesbrough just bid 12 million for Jordan Rhodes ffs :lol: We can't even compete with that league now.

It's just a shame it's him that's sacrificed for Shiels every-time as I could watch Holt play all night, he's so intelligent, the way he finds space is something you can't teach, it's all natural. Definitely been a great capture

Off the top of my head , I'm sure he played for us in the 50s (a bit before my time )

Ill have to google him now to see if I'm right

Edit *

A gold star for me!

Yes, Ian McMillan came to us from my home club;Airdrie in 1958 and remained semi-professional all his career. He returned to Airdrie in 1964 and is still going strong at 84 yrs old. He was good friends with my father and was a brilliant footballer. They didn't call him the wee Prime Minister for nothing :praise:

Actually his Grandson Ian Russell used to be on our books as a youth but didn't make it and went to Motherwell iirc.

Jason Holt definitely has a touch of the Ian McMillan's about him.

what a find he has been, this is the perfect example of a player we wouldn't have even looked at over the last 3/4 years past.

He's gonna be a star, such an intelligent footballer and takes care of the ball really well. Finds pockets of space all over the danger zone and always plays with his head up and moves the ball really well.

Watch him grow into a 5mil player easily

Agree that he's a very good player. Great balance and comfortable on the ball. His style definitely lends itself to Warburton's philosophy rather than Hearts 'more robust' approach.

£5M? C'mon...

He'd need to be playing week in week out in the SPFL and Euro experience for a price tag like that.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves after 3 games.

Now if he was playing for the t1ms ? Easily would be valued above 5 million

Seriously he is a good steady player a very good signing who does a good job on the pitch and who will only get better happy he signed for us.

what a find he has been, this is the perfect example of a player we wouldn't have even looked at over the last 3/4 years past.

He's gonna be a star, such an intelligent footballer and takes care of the ball really well. Finds pockets of space all over the danger zone and always plays with his head up and moves the ball really well.

His pass for the 2nd goal was outstanding.

Yes, Ian McMillan came to us from my home club;Airdrie in 1958 and remained semi-professional all his career. He returned to Airdrie in 1964 and is still going strong at 84 yrs old. He was good friends with my father and was a brilliant footballer. They didn't call him the wee Prime Minister for nothing :praise:

Actually his Grandson Ian Russell used to be on our books as a youth but didn't make it and went to Motherwell iirc.

Good mate!

Nice to hear

The Wee Prim Minister

I thought he was terrific in the Burnley game.

He looks so comfortable in possession and he manages to find space and make things look easy and simple.

The trademark of a good footballer.