Wallace - Weak Point

gsa

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've nothing against you personally, but saying Wallace is a "a complete disaster of a footballer" makes you a very delusional individual.

His work rate is immense and he can pretty much do everything from stopping goals to scoring goals.

The big man scored 2 tonight, was a shame he didn't get a hat-trick would be quite an achievement for a left back.

Not saying he scores ALOT of goals but cmon he's a left back, his main strenghts are defending and assisting and in my opinion has a decent record for a left back.

Only thing I can say against Wallace is he lacks consistency, he could have a MOTM performance one game and be almost invisible the next. Other than that, he's one of the best players we have at the moment and so far deserving of the captaincy.

--

If I where to name a Weak Point in our team pointing to a player; it would DEFINITELY be Dean Shiels.

He may have scored tonight but seriously, a man with 2 left feet would have finished that first attempt and he was lucky to get the rebound.

It actually angers me when I see him being brought on for someone who is clearly better in ability and hasn't had a bad game because 9/10 times Sheils won't do any better, that is a given.

I'd be interested to look at Sheils record with Rangers AFTER division 3 because truthfully I believe he was only a 'good player' in that division with the hammer throwers, he's been a disaster since then; so many passes going astray, loosing possesion poorly and has missed a right good few sitters.

I will reiterate my original response to the OP. Absolute rubbish! Wallace has been superb this season and we are now seeing him back to his best. Tonight he deservedly got motm. I imagine St Mirren had done their homework on stopping Tavernier (not much luck there although he wasn't quite as outstanding as his first two games). So Wallace stepped up instead. Well done Rangers and Wallace in particular tonight.

I've nothing against you personally, but saying Wallace is a "a complete disaster of a footballer" makes you a very delusional individual.

His work rate is immense and he can pretty much do everything from stopping goals to scoring goals.

The big man scored 2 tonight, was a shame he didn't get a hat-trick would be quite an achievement for a left back.

Not saying he scores ALOT of goals but cmon he's a left back, his main strenghts are defending and assisting and in my opinion has a decent record for a left back.

Only thing I can say against Wallace is he lacks consistency, he could have a MOTM performance one game and be almost invisible the next. Other than that, he's one of the best players we have at the moment and so far deserving of the captaincy.

--

If I where to name a Weak Point in our team pointing to a player; it would DEFINITELY be Dean Shiels.

He may have scored tonight but seriously, a man with 2 left feet would have finished that first attempt and he was lucky to get the rebound.

It actually angers me when I see him being brought on for someone who is clearly better in ability and hasn't had a bad game because 9/10 times Sheils won't do any better, that is a given.

I'd be interested to look at Sheils record with Rangers AFTER division 3 because truthfully I believe he was only a 'good player' in that division with the hammer throwers, he's been a disaster since then; so many passes going astray, loosing possesion poorly and has missed a right good few sitters.

Wallace was defiantly MOTM tonight but i think your wrong about shiels thought he has been pretty decent in all the games so far and a good sub to bring on for some fresh legs in the middle of the park a few of the players missed sitters tonight waghorn.. clark should have scored when Wallace was taken out walsh missed a great chance as well dont think you can just pick on him for missing a sitter which he actually scored from the rebound anyway think his all round play has been good.

Wallace was defiantly MOTM tonight but i think your wrong about shiels thought he has been pretty decent in all the games so far and a good sub to bring on for some fresh legs in the middle of the park a few of the players missed sitters tonight waghorn.. clark should have scored when Wallace was taken out walsh missed a great chance as well dont think you can just pick on him for missing a sitter which he actually scored from the rebound anyway think his all round play has been good.

If your basing it on "so far" this season then I suppose I agree with you because it's far too early to judge anyone.

I'm basing it on last season though, after some research I found his 2014/15 season record; 30 apps, 5 goals.

Source: http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=39030&season_id=144

30 apps, 5 goals isn't very good for an attacking midfielder but better than I thought. Can't see past his consitency of errors though to say he's a decent player, sorry.

I questioned his captain credentials from the couple of times he was captain when Jig didn't play.

I didn't think he had any leadership qualities about him at all, then i heard him speak in a presser and he conducted himself like a true captain.

Then there was tonight and i thought he was outstanding, even minus his two goals, all of his play was on point.

Like everyone else I really enjoyed the game today. What a difference it is actually looking forward to watching us play! Of the new guys Tavernier and Halliday were excellent and Waghorn worked so hard. The players who remained from last year seem to have a renewed energy and confidence.

Lee Wallace however is in my opinion a complete disaster of a footballer. I can't think of another fullback with such a shocking change of pace. He's awkward on the ball and some of his passing is truly woeful. I've nothing against him personally, seems like a decent guy but if we could get any fee for him at all I'd sell him.

?????

If your basing it on "so far" this season then I suppose I agree with you because it's far too early to judge anyone.

I'm basing it on last season though, after some research I found his 2014/15 season record; 30 apps, 5 goals.

Source: http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=39030&season_id=144

30 apps, 5 goals isn't very good for an attacking midfielder but better than I thought. Can't see past his consitency of errors though to say he's a decent player, sorry.

Yea mainly this season i am basing it on but thought he did well under SM at the end of last season as well. Dont think he is amazing by any strech of the imagination but defiantly not poor and think he gets stuck in and gives it a good go and gets attacks started as well just a good player to have in and around the squad better than any of the lot that get let go thats for sure.

Most of us knew wallace is a good player he like so many others regressed over the last couple of season due to confidence issues and a lack of any proper tactics or leadership.

Great to see him bombing up and down the pitch and chipping in with goals, we look so much more balanced now with tav on the right doing the same.

Fantastic performance, wavered off after he was clattered in the second half.

Warburton will get him back to his best a more. I genuinely think he'll be one of my favourite ever players if he spends the majority of his career here.