I want them in the cup!

At every point in the last 3 years, I have wanted to avoid the tims in the cup competitions thinking that they would give us a beating.

Not any more.

I would love to draw them now, as I honestly believe that we could beat them.

Their team is full of mediocre shite and they seem to have performed the impossible by finding the one manager in the world who is more clueless than ours.

As much as we are shit, and I moan about McCulloch and Black etc, I think they would put in some shift in the match and I don't see any fight in the tims squad.

We have players who are better or on par with their team. Our strikers are better, our left back is better, McLeod could certainly cope. We have some weak areas, but the gulf is more of a crack.

They would be favourites, but beating them in the lower leagues would be worth the risk.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

At every point in the last 3 years, I have wanted to avoid the tims in the cup competitions thinking that they would give us a beating.

Not any more.

I would love to draw them now, as I honestly believe that we could beat them.

Their team is full of mediocre shite and they seem to have performed the impossible by finding the one manager in the world who is more clueless than ours.

As much as we are shit, and I moan about McCulloch and Black etc, I think they would put in some shift in the match and I don't see any fight in the tims squad.

We have players who are better or on par with their team. Our strikers are better, our left back is better, McLeod could certainly cope. We have some weak areas, but the gulf is more of a crack.

They would be favourites, but beating them in the lower leagues would be worth the risk.

Your missing the point of us having a shite manager. I think we have the squad but they don`t perform under Ally.

A decent manager would easily have our current squad playing as good as most in the country.

They have nothing to be scared off. The worst bheast side in 20 years.

in a one off cup game, you never know.

I wouldn't completely write us off anyway. They have been put out of cups by lower league teams, really struggled against some part time teams in the cup. If we played like we did against motherwell, and they played the way they played against Arbroath, then we could beat them :)

We would be pretty big underdogs though.

Most on here will completely write us off though, such is the negativity running through people ( warranted negativity I admit) right now.

yeh I still don't want to play Celtic at the moment, they would beat us plain and simple, only good thing is there is No Neil Lennon so they'd be less inclined to fuck us 5 or 6 nil..

but if you seriously think we can beat Celtic just now you're smoking good weed

if you actually watched the Maribor game tonight, Celtic should of put the tie to bed in the 2nd half, once they hit the bar and didn't score when they were dominating you knew Maribor were going to win, and I was told they played a 2nd string against Inverness. you don't want Celtic until it's level playing ground

Not scared of the prospect but I would rather just leave it till we necessary need to play them. Why cause we ain't that good and let's not let one European result go to our heads they are still miles better than any other team in Scotland..

I'll pass

why are people so fucking scared of that mob? our players are probably desperate for a scalp at them, I would take them in a minute.

granted our team is poor, but surely having a team of Rangers men, we would be putting in 150%. I know a game isn't won on effort alone but look at the shite they have!

fuck them, No Surrender.

Not scared of the prospect but I would rather just leave it till we necessary need to play them. Why cause we ain't that good and let's not let one European result go to our heads they are still miles better than any other team in Scotland..

I'll pass

(tu)

I don't want to play them right now, I don't think we are ready. If we were to draw them though, I wouldn't completely write us off.

Personally I think we would be hammered. But as Gogzy says that may be down to the culture of negativity that I have found myself getting sucked into. I am not even sure if I am finding winning comfortable at the moment (I am very glad we signed Boyd) as I keep on thinking that we will take one on the nose in the next match.

But we have to play them sometime. And this would be as good a time as any. We would as stated previously be massive underdogs but the pressure on them would be out of all control- they don't look like a team that can handle pressure. So who knows!

I'm afraid some have not grasped the inescapable fact that we are an extremely poor side - even against much poorer sides! Much as I hate to say it the Mhanks would paste us, and I really don't wish to see that happen. I'm concerned enough about our forthcoming fixture against ICT - remember the last time we played them - that was embarrassing enough.

Sad days when McCoist thinks it's an "incentive" to play the likes of Caley Thistle - it certainly is for them though, because we're golden goose for all of these teams, whatever division they come from!