Ally included in celebrations?

3 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

I am not stating that , I am stated they needed a proper rollicking , they should have been sent home and told to come in earlier the next morning and evaluate where they went wrong and how to improve , this team probably needed a lift at stages this season, I am sure the last thing on warburton mind was a karaoke 

And a curry 

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

If Warburton had a karaoke then I'd be surprised, because it would be contradictory to the methods we have seen so far. I personally think it was unwise, but Ally would have had his reasons, and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and say that it had something to do with squad morale, particularly in young and inexperienced players.

That's fair enough mate , you can have your opinion . I think it was a horrific decision 

41 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Loyalty? I know we're big on demanding it from players and staff but reluctant to repay the favour but sometimes it can be a big things 

Understanding of the various off field goings on at the time? Ever been in a situation where your employer is on the brink of admin? I have. It's fucking horrible. Not knowing if I'll get paid, have a job soon, etc. The last thing on my mind was performing at the best of my capabilities.

C'mon dude, they were sportsmen, every sportsman should want to win on the day, they had their concerns but I don't see how it would effect their game, this  is us getting back to excuses

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Take a look back and see the comment I replied to with my initial Gullane comment. No one has made any comparisons of anyone's training and fitness regimes. Well except you. 

Ah right got you now. You agree that the duds team who lost the final were lazy bastards too.

Righto.

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

C'mon dude, they were sportsmen, every sportsman should want to win on the day, they had their concerns but I don't see how it would effect their game, this  is us getting back to excuses

You don't see where wondering if you'll soon be out of a job can affect someone's performance? When it was me (Comet going down the tubes) it had a massive effect on my job, not to mention life away from work. 

22 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Pity it wasn't raining, he could have got an umbrella out. The importance people put on the demeanour of managers on the sidelines is laughable at times.

Ally's demeanour was totally the wrong message to send out to the players on the park and the fans. As a player and manager of our great club he should have known better. Given his character and skills in the media makes it even more surprisingf he did not attempt to gee the team or the fans up. 

You are probably the only one who will disagree with my comment and suggest ally's complete lack of interaction with the team he managed on the park was constructive to good management. 

(Your joke about the umbrella was quite good)

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You don't see where wondering if you'll soon be out of a job can affect someone's performance? When it was me (Comet going down the tubes) it had a massive effect on my job, not to mention life away from work. 

You can't compare working in Comet to being a top class footballer, most knew they could walk and get a contract elsewhere, maybe not on as big wages but they were not heading for the brew.

As Ally wasn't the abject failure that the majority of us think he was - maybe the bedwetters can tell us why he hasn't been snapped up by another club. I mean ffs, Liverpool were reduced to replacing Rodgers with Klopp, at Chelsea we had Mourinho out and them having to scrape the barrel with bringing in Hiddink....Neville has just been sacked by Valencia - a perfect opportunity for Sciaf to get back into management and show the footballing world that it wasn't him that was the problem (it was the board and conditions that he had to toil under).

Just a thought....

15 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

As Ally wasn't the abject failure that the majority of us think he was - maybe the bedwetters can tell us why he hasn't been snapped up by another club. I mean ffs, Liverpool were reduced to replacing Rodgers with Klopp, at Chelsea we had Mourinho out and them having to scrape the barrel with bringing in Hiddink....Neville has just been sacked by Valencia - a perfect opportunity for Sciaf to get back into management and show the footballing world that it wasn't him that was the problem (it was the board and conditions that he had to toil under).

Just a thought....

He won't have big bad charels green at valencia 

or hateley sneaking about behind his back ???

15 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Just a thought....

Perhaps he and Lennon will team up and become some club's new 'dream team'.  

Ally was a dreadful manager, our journey back to the top is well underway and the only REAL celebrations we should be having this season is when we lift the Scottish Cup.  

Fans getting excited is one thing but all this talk about celebrating winning a league we should have won last season is total nonsense dreamt up by the media to sell copy.   MW had one objective this season, objective met, move on.   

Scottish cup will be a bonus and is indeed worth popping the corks for.  

It's interesting, especially when you read the thoughts about him on threads like this, to hear all the nine-in-row boys. many of the them went through the high intensity of World Cup semi finals, European campaigns, big time finals for Rangers, and all sorts of achievements and adversity. Strong characters like John Brown, Terry Butcher, and Jimmy Nicholl etc, and the thing that crops up time and again, whenever they offer anecdotes about that period, is that the same two names  come up time and again, McCoist and Durrant, who reputedly lifted the dressing room at crucial times- these are battle hardened pros and yet a couple of young guys lifted them off the deck at crucial times. The man is a winner by nature; he has a remarkable record of personal honours, and club honours. This is a guy who was known for his ability to recover from injuries in a peculiarly quick time and yet has been accused of being money orientated in his dedication to Rangersl he couldn't get off the treatment table quick enough-many speculated that his abilities of quick recovery was possibly down to his natural optimistic outlook. He is one of the greats for this club and should be celebrated as such.

6 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Perhaps he and Lennon will team up and become some club's new 'dream team'.  

Ally was a dreadful manager, our journey back to the top is well underway and the only REAL celebrations we should be having this season is when we lift the Scottish Cup.  

Fans getting excited is one thing but all this talk about celebrating winning a league we should have won last season is total nonsense dreamt up by the media to sell copy.   MW had one objective this season, objective met, move on.   

Scottish cup will be a bonus and is indeed worth popping the corks for.  

Says it all really ! :sherlock:

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

It's interesting, especially when you read the thoughts about him on threads like this, to hear all the nine-in-row boys. many of the them went through the high intensity of World Cup semi finals, European campaigns, big time finals for Rangers, and all sorts of achievements and adversity. Strong characters like John Brown, Terry Butcher, and Jimmy Nicholl etc, and the thing that crops up time and again, whenever they offer anecdotes about that period, is that the same two names  come up time and again, McCoist and Durrant, who reputedly lifted the dressing room at crucial times- these battle hardened pros and yet a couple of young guys lifted them off the deck at crucial times. The man is a winner by nature; he has a remarkable record of personal honours, and club honours. This is a guy who was known for his ability to recover from injuries in a peculiarly quick time and yet has been accused of being money orientated in his dedication to Rangersl he couldn't get off the treatment table quick enough-many speculated that his abilities of quick recovery was possibly down to his natural optimistic outlook. He is one of the greats for this club and should be celebrated as such.

You seem to be unable to separate his standing as a player against his failure as a manager and someone who financially raped us (because he didn't do walking away :rolleyes: ).

Take the Soooper tinted specs off eh...

4 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

The irony.

Please point out where I was being ironic?

I've said time and time again you can't take away what he achieved and for what he did for us a player  - that doesn't mean the same applies for his time as manager and his subsequent actions.

Just now, Virtuoso said:

Please point out where I was being ironic?

I've said time and time again you can't take away what he achieved and for what he did for us a player  - that doesn't mean the same applies for his time as manager and his subsequent actions.

Have you said that to anyone else with an opposite opinion? That in itself explains your irony if you haven't.

6 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Have you said that to anyone else with an opposite opinion? That in itself explains your irony if you haven't.

I've mentioned it on the countless Super Ally Legend / Ally Failure threads.

I can separate the player and manager - something you are either unable to do / or refuse to do.

Just now, Virtuoso said:

I've mentioned it on the countless Super Ally Legend / Ally Failure threads.

I can separate the player and manager - something you are either unable to do / or refuse to do.

I look forward to seeing your retort next time he is referred to as dud.

9 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I look forward to seeing your retort next time he is referred to as dud.

I'll never defend his position as a manager and I'll be honest, although I've never denied his 'Super' status as a player - that status has been seriously tainted in my eyes due to his subsequent behaviour (nothing to do with his managerial abilities).

So, why do you refuse to separate the player from the manager?

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Or Sciaf...

That's a separate issue entirely.