Club 1872 - Statement of Resignation

12 minutes ago, bluepeter said:

By the way, I half expect defamation of the three who resigned to start tomorrow. If it does, anyone supporting it knowingly should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

Oh that would be interesting as Mark Dingwall publicly backed the two ladies for C1872.

Opportunity for the Rhebel lover Graham to step to the fore again? Dont think so.

Wonder how the weekly confrence call with Stewart Robertson will go from now on? We chat with Houston on the internal phone from two doors down?

RST VP Gilligan will be proud. Under 2000 members who hold over 5% of the shares. Mission accomplished.

50000 members said the Louden boys. My arse was doomed from the start.

1 minute ago, bluepeter said:

Fair enough. Let's just say it wouldn't surprise me massively if one of those names was more prominent again soon.

Course it wouldn't 

rangers fans groups are the biggest stitch up ever and has been for 20 years trust me on that 

even days of John Greg sat in meeting room smoking a cigar scoffing at fans legitimate concerns 

1 minute ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

Time for real unity.If everyone who has a direct debit cancels  it ASAP until this individual is removed and changes are made then notice will have to be taken.Lets start taking back OUR club.

Unity?  Sadly a long long way off mate.

1 minute ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

Time for real unity.If everyone who has a direct debit cancels  it ASAP until this individual is removed and changes are made then notice will have to be taken.Lets start taking back OUR club.

Surely if People do that and he does resign it will make him free to take the job with the club? Would be pretty uncomfortable with him being the fans liaison officer

There should be a new fans group created ( yeah i know) that is 100% independent of the club, and IS willing to hold the board to account.   Either that or the thousands of members of 1872 actually have to use their voice, remove these people from their positions, and vote in some more independent fans, with no real ties to the club board.

I expect some sort of massive share buy, possibly even from Dave king,  or a club loan (prioject)  to be given with 1872 funds at some point in the near future, before the group ends up in the gutter.

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

Wont happen. 

I think I was vague enough to claim success at some undetermined time in the future :pipe::lol: 

I'm sure you know I'm not one for conspiracy theories and shadowy figures controlling things behind the scenes. Still, it'll be interesting to see how things develop. Looks to me like C1872 was a mistake.

9 minutes ago, gogzy said:

There should be a new fans group created ( yeah i know) that is 100% independent of the club, and IS willing to hold the board to account.   Either that or the thousands of members of 1872 actually have to use their voice, remove these people from their positions, and vote in some more independent fans, with no real ties to the club board.

I expect some sort of massive share buy, possibly even from Dave king,  or a club loan (prioject)  to be given with 1872 funds at some point in the near future, before the group ends up in the gutter.

Looks like the board are marginalising club1972 now, any new supporters group has no chance of any representation. If they can effectively cut off direct contact to the board for a major shareholder like club1872,  by funnelling our concerns through a minor office as the Liaison Officer. What chance has anyone now of any meaningful input to the club. In effect the club are downgrading club1872, 

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

Not anymore. 

How are things like that communicated (if they are)? I seem to remember a few names who weren't officially involved but were 'helping the transition' or similar. When that stops, is it reportable to members? It's always seemed a bit suspect to me, tbh. And I mean no harm to the people performing these roles when I say that. 

1 minute ago, Virtuoso said:

What's surprising here is that it's the two nominees (Laura and Joanne) of Dinnie and Graham who have resigned.

Just shows that they weren't having their strings pulled and have more integrity than their nominators.

Fair doos to them :tu:

That is a good point actually 

first time I ever met Dinnie me and wee Simply the best from here at Dunfermline last day of the season he was projecting the red card display asked us why we weren't participating then tried to say about fans unity and money raised we asked what about fans fined singing the Billy boys which is real unity and he wasn't interested - just ego projects - made all bullshit reasons under the sun why your average Rangers fan is on his own but if you can be use to the ego project he's all ears 

guys a fucking midden 

4 minutes ago, bluepeter said:

How are things like that communicated (if they are)? I seem to remember a few names who weren't officially involved but were 'helping the transition' or similar. When that stops, is it reportable to members? It's always seemed a bit suspect to me, tbh. And I mean no harm to the people performing these roles when I say that. 

I think it's fair to say, even with the now resigned 3, communication needed to be improved. But they did recognise that. 

Fuck knows what will happen now. 

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

Not anymore. 

This all done and dusted then? From Feb's minutes:

Club 1872 Administration

Christine Sommerville will continue to deal with producing the final set of RST accounts and the official winding up of the RST.

The thing is for me, even if a huge amount of folk cancel their d d then they are left in sole charge of a large percentage of shares already purchased. I really can't believe that somehow they have managed to destroy such a potentially awesome organisation, I personally voted for the 3 candidates that have resigned and feel absolutely livid with this situation. I am raging and think if this is not addressed shortly then I will have no option but to cancel. A hell of a lot of people have lost a lot of respect for convincing people to stick with this even though the warning were getting louder and louder, I feel conned actually. :anger:

I'm not cancelling my DD to club1872, this has made me more determined to eventually get the shares needed to boot a few directors up the arse for daring to downgrade the supporters influence, i'm fecking beelin tonight at the cheek of this board.

Just now, jimgers said:

I'm not cancelling my DD, this has made me more determined to eventually get the shares needed to boot a few directors up the arse for daring to downgrade the supporters influence, i'm fecking beelin tonight at the cheek of this board.

I've not cancelled mine yet either. But I shall see what happens over the next few weeks.