Pedro Ashamed after Sunday

Guest Lloyd72

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Nah mate they're all talking shite. It benefits no cunt and no managers use these methods. Anywhere. Ever.

Should have just said we're gonna chase cunts down quicker and people would have been happier.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Guardiola used to have a 6 second one at barca iirc

Aye, but he didnt have Halliday & lard arse waggy closing down the opposition!!

Hopefully he can get his ideas across the way he sees it and we can start to judge his style & tactical know how.

1 minute ago, Getstiffed said:

This "shite" permeates the game in Germany, Spain, Portugal so and so forth.

Meanwhile in Scotland we get snidey remarks whenever its mentioned.

What's Scotlands first game at the next World cu----aw wait nevermind

Pedro talks tactics which is weird for anyone whose been listening to normal managerial blah blah blahing. Its a good insight into his methods and something that is worth getting used to. 

Guy can't win. 

4 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

This "shite" permeates the game in Germany, Spain, Portugal so and so forth.

Meanwhile in Scotland we get snidey remarks whenever its mentioned.

What's Scotlands first game at the next World cu----aw wait nevermind

I know these tactics are the norm in top leagues in Europe but Scotland isn't a top league in Europe - this is exactly why I think Pedro is a gamble that won't pay off ... you can't do it at Rangers and expect us to just excel in Scotland and rise above the rest if so Le Guen, Delia, Venglos and to a lesser extent Warburton would all have had success 

forget all that fancy tactical talk - it will never work in Scotland - successful Old Firm managers like O'Neill, Smith, McLeish and even wee Advocaat made their teams big brave and organised. 

This is why a director of football would be a waste of time too.

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

Pedro talks tactics which is weird for anyone whose been listening to normal managerial blah blah blahing. Its a good insight into his methods and something that is worth getting used to. 

Guy can't win. 

It's gonna be the same for any manager, foriegn or not, that talks about the game the way the rest of the footballing world does.

Our press are thick cunts that pander to thick cunts so that the thick cunts that run our game can get away with running it into the ground whilst picking up a healthy wage.

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I know these tactics are the norm in top leagues in Europe but Scotland isn't a top league in Europe - this is exactly why I think Pedro is a gamble that won't pay off ... you can't do it at Rangers and expect us to just excel in Scotland and rise above the rest if so Le Guen, Delia, Venglos and to a lesser extent Warburton would all have had success 

forget all that fancy tactical talk - it will never work in Scotland - successful Old Firm managers like O'Neill, Smith, McLeish and even wee Advocaat made their teams big brave and organised. 

Actually wee Dick implemented his Dutch ethos quite well but he had to spend big and bring in a fair few players from outwith Britain who were brought up in countries where this stuff was being taught from youth levels up.

Think about that for a second mate. A guy like Numan came here having been brought through a system underpinned by these methods. That means the Dutch were doing this 4 decades ago at least.

17 minutes ago, Muz333 said:

I genuinely believe him here. I don't think the manager told the players to play without any effort and at half time he made some changes and got a reaction. If not for the penalty we might have just turned things around so I expect a far better game this weekend.

Of course he didn't tell them not to make any effort, but he did fail to motivate them sufficiently for the task ahead, the outcome of which is the same.

The changes did make a difference, but only because the 2 that came on should have been plying from the start.

If not for the penalty, they'd have scored again anyway. If we'd equalised, they'd probably have scored a few.

Happy to chalk it up as a bad day at the office and give the guy a chance, but he fucked that game up, badly.

1 minute ago, Getstiffed said:

Actually wee Dick implemented his Dutch ethos quite well but he had to spend big and bring in a fair few players from outwith Britain who were brought up in countries were this stuff was being taught from youth levels up.

Think about that for a second mate. A guy like Numan came here having been brought through a system underpinned by these methods. That means the Dutch were doing this 4 decades ago at least.

Wee Dick did but look at his defence for example Moore, Amoruso and Porinni big fearsome defenders that could tackle and the midfield was powerful too that's what I'm saying 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Wee Dick did but look at his defence for example Moore, Amoruso and Porinni big fearsome defenders that could tackle and the midfield was powerful too that's what I'm saying 

No doubt at all mate. The only point I'm making is that we seem to want to deride these guys for talking about the game the way they do.

I just think we as a country are very arrogant whilst simulatniously always lamenting the fact that we're so far behind.

News flash knuckle draggers, its our own fault :lol:

What annoys me are the people shooting him down this early. One of the things we couldn't stand with Warburton was the same rhetoric after every dropped 2 or 3 points. We'll learn, we'll improve and we always asked what the fuck was going on in training to make it better, what was he changing. Fuck all is the answer.

You then look at Caixinha and he speaks about the opposition, spotting their strengths (and weaknesses but not talking about these) then he says what he wants from the players (not just be brave on the ball) and what he will do differently in training this week and people still rip into him.

im hoping he gets financial backing of some kind in the summer and can shift on the deadwood (lots of it) to get his squad and then we can judge him on the performances and results next season.

30 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

When we analysed the game in some moments of the game some players were acting in one direction, which was the right direction and other players were not doing the same thing at the same time.

“We have to have coordination about the ideas so everybody acts at the same time in the same direction.”

So the players either don't get what Pedro is telling them to do, or don't want to 'get it', or 'get it' but are simply unable to deliver what he wants to see happening.

For next season - and very preferably for this next game and for the rest of this season - there needs to be more from the players about auctioning as coached for each game.   If they are still not getting it by the end of the season then surely they need to be replaced.   It's also important that Pedro gets his coaching messages across to the players in a way which is effective enough for them to get what he requires from them and to then go and do it.  

Of course any plan is only as good as it looks on paper or as it appears on a training ground or as it is rehearsed by the team.  Contact with the opposition can be a spoiler for the best of plans.   It's planning that counts and ability to quickly adapt to circumstances.     Let's see if we see a far better result and performance on Saturday.    It's not just Pedro who should be feeling ashamed after the semi-final.......the players have a lot to prove.

:thumbsup:

I wish I could give this post more than one like mate ..... It explains it nicely and this squad do have a lot to prove.

Your last sentence says it all for me concerning this group of players ..... How many managers are we going to have classed as not Rangers quality before this situation is resolved.

All the encouragement from the coaching crew means nothing if the squad are not following the plans laid out for them and they all start pulling together in the same direction.

I keep saying that I will not be too hard on PC due to the squad he has inherited and I am trying to adhere to that maxim .... even though I have only just surfaced since the brutal SF game and the disappointing result .... my exception would be to his team selection and the defensive set up he played ... I'll hold it at that . 

Hopefully Saturday's game does not repeat itself ... and that's as positive as I can get right now sadly.

:UK:

20 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Aye. Just lump the ball about and kick cunts off the park. Fuck passing and tactics.

49 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'm glad he is. 

Thats exactly what I want to hear but he's lucky he (and the players) have the chance to make amends at the weekend. They must take it.

alright knob jockey?

"Caixinha doesn’t think it was his plan going into the 2-0 Scottish Cup defeat that was wrong but the way it was executed."

it's a conspiracy theory though according to you isn't it?

:lol:

23 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Guy can't win. 

I think the problem with it is there's pros and cons to either talking tactics or keeping them more secretive.

It's great to get an insight into what Pedro is doing, and at times it can also be a bit of a relief to find out what's actually going on behind closed doors as when something goes wrong and you don't know where the fault lies your mind races and ends up blaming everything and anything.

However, letting other teams know what we're up to? Giving them better prep? Could be a bad thing, but of course, at least it's not as bad as Warburton - you knew his tactics and methodology nearly a year in advance. :p:

1 minute ago, cstamomusa said:

Is this just basically faster pitch geography.   :huh:

If cunts actually paid attention to what he said you would know he talks sense unlike the utter bullshit baldy came out with. If it was him he would have said he was proud of their efforts on Sunday and they had an off day, but when Pedro says he is ashamed he gets slaughtered just as much?