Pedro losing the dressing room and treating players badly

Gaz52

I was guilty of buying in to these accusations as well after the McKay interview...

But the way the players are on the pitch and in particular the way they celebrate goals together would suggest he very much has the dressing room on side. 

I think it's safe to say the stories of him "treating players like dirt" were perhaps blown out of proportion, vicious rumours from bitter players because they were deemed not good enough. 

One of the things that's stood out so far is the bond between the team. And Alves sent a message with his celebration last night, straight to Caixinha. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like he studied the players towards the end of last season and has identified the one's that didn't have the attitude he felt they needed. It's interesting to see that he feels Windass can have potential to be a Rangers player and has given him a chance, and cleared the rest of the deadwood.

I'm hoping that the guys left from the Warburton era will kick on now and start busting a gut to get into the team.

Saturday will be a good acid test of the dressing room spirit. I'm expecting Alves an Candeias to get stuck into them.

First thing that goes when things aren't going well is team spirit.

Let's be fair - until the last 2-3 weeks, things weren't going particularly well, so it's no wonder it wasn't all sweetness & light.

Good results are the perfect remedy, though - fingers crossed they keep it going.

2 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Yeah agreed, was very critical of his man management but now seeing it was more the pathetic attitudes of last seasons squad.

Your thread about best signings compared to the list of departures makes for great reading. Feel like Pedro is building a great squad and team harmony is a big part of that. I've been critical of him myself and would love nothing more than him proving us all wrong.

Just now, Frank Harrison said:

Yeah agreed, was very critical of his man management but now seeing it was more the pathetic attitudes of last seasons squad.

I think it was said by PC himself that he had lost them. Not in as many words but if you listen to his early interviews. I still don't think McKay or any other should've been treated that way. It cost us (only imo) against progress as an excellent option from.the bench, probably even MOH and his pace as well.

i believe one of the guys who was highly Critical and caused a lot of the disharmony is still there however he seems to have screwed the nut and got his act together.

I think it was both PC not being able to handle them.and them being disruptive cunts.

Pedro still hasn't won me.over but what a turnaround from progress and long may it continue. We will see just how.far we've come on.saturday against a very settled hibs side 

8 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I was guilty of buying in to these accusations as well after the McKay interview...

But the way the players are on the pitch and in particular the way they celebrate goals together would suggest he very much has the dressing room on side. 

I think it's safe to say the stories of him "treating players like dirt" were perhaps blown out of proportion, vicious rumours from bitter players because they were deemed not good enough. 

One of the things that's stood out so far is the bond between the team. And Alves sent a message with his celebration last night, straight to Caixinha. 

Don't worry they will be back when we draw or lose a game mate, some of our support is pretty extreme with their reactions

He ostracised those that weren't in his plans or that were damaging to what he was trying to achieve.

I had said before if you have a squad with a lot of shite attitude players anyone who is younger and borderline will generally follow suit. He's starting to clear out some of those from last season and he's brought in guys like Dorrans and Alves. It's little wonder that you now start to see one of last seasons shitebags, Windass, show a much higher work ethic in game and whilst a lot of work is still required the early signs are good.

The last 3 friendlies definitely helped with the team bonding as we want the players to enjoy their football but at the same time they have to work hard and it looks like they are.

Under Warburton if we had been 4-0 up at half time (highly unlikely in the first instance) there is no way we'd have kept a high tempo and work rate for the second half. In the second half Tav took a shot outside the box that went high over the goal and Pedro looked livid, the manager clearly wanted us to hammer Dunfermline rather than just simply treat it like a training game.

The manager's "5 captains" and relying on Bruno to represent him on the pitch also seems to be paying off as it definitely seems that there is far more leadership on the pitch.

He did what was needed to 'encourage' those he didn't want to find new clubs. Some spat the dummy, fuck them.

The likes of Alves in all honesty likely wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Pedro being manager.

As the OP says, the team spirit amongst players seems great, and Pedro seems well received in goal celebrations and as players are coming off when subbed.

Very early, but given the criticism he could have received if results had been poor, it's right to credit after 3 points on Sunday and an excellent performance last night.

Oh and I'd say his signings are outperforming the guys he inherited. So well done on identifying and recruiting some real class.

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I think it was said by PC himself that he had lost them. Not in as many words but if you listen to his early interviews. I still don't think McKay or any other should've been treated that way. It cost us (only imo) against progress as an excellent option from.the bench, probably even MOH and his pace as well.

i believe one of the guys who was highly Critical and caused a lot of the disharmony is still there however he seems to have screwed the nut and got his act together.

I think it was both PC not being able to handle them.and them being disruptive cunts.

Pedro still hasn't won me.over but what a turnaround from progress and long may it continue. We will see just how.far we've come on.saturday against a very settled hibs side 

Yeah agree to an extent, didn't like it at the time and maybe did cost us against Progres but we're better for it now.

Trying to think who's screwed the nut and struggling :lol: 

I've done a bit of a u-turn on him, was screaming from the rooftops for him to be sacked and now genuinely think we'll push them very very close this year(minimum). Even at 4/5-0 he was going mental at them demanding more, really like that.

5 minutes ago, HG5 said:

First thing that goes when things aren't going well is team spirit.

Let's be fair - until the last 2-3 weeks, things weren't going particularly well, so it's no wonder it wasn't all sweetness & light.

Good results are the perfect remedy, though - fingers crossed they keep it going.

Back in the Championship, when we scored, the whole team crowded around each other to celebrate. 

One of the many things I noticed last year, back in the top flight, was that when we did score there were only about 2 or 3 players congratulating the scorer... with the rest walking back to our half for the opponents to kick off again. 

I have no idea what happened in the summer between Championship and top flight... 

Now, when we score, it is back to the camaraderie and crowding - which is good to see. 

13 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Pedro has to take credit of identifying the mentally weak and getting rid of them, and quickly as well.

I really hope Pedro succeeds, although he has be criticised because of what he says, I feel he gets us, and knows what you need to play for Rangers.

2 minutes ago, TheBlueOne said:

I remember something about a mole in the team, dunno who he was talking about but I imagine he's got rid now

That taig O Halloran no doubt,I think the fact he's been allowed to go on loan while we're no doubt paying the majority of his wages speaks volumes.