Safe Standing Banner

Guest Lloyd72

4 hours ago, Albertz_3 said:

No this is everything that is wrong at Ibrox. What makes you think you are anymore of a fan than the UB lads? Im pretty sure they are all Rangers fans too!

You have RENTED a seat for over 30 years. You never invested nothing, you gave Rangers 5k. 

The group has looked at various issues on costs and would be willing to compensate other fans that were to relocate as well as various ways of fundraising. "Us season ticket holders" again what makes you different from the 500 or so in the UB section that also have season tickets?

Im a bigger fan than you patter at its worst.

The moment they backed Kings boycott to get him in on the cheap and damaged our club even more was probably the time he felt he was more of a supporter of the club.

Just now, gsa said:

Whoever it's for, it's not important just now.

The atmosphere is important.

It can have a massive effect on the park, you constantly read about players saying so. 

And if it drowns out the fuckin moans anytime a pass goes astray then it'll benefit the players. 

4 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

This is just pure ignorance.

Educate me then.

Where is this proposed safe standing section going to be? 

What is the capacity going to be?

Do you deny that the majority of the boys in BF1/2 will probably look to relocate/occupy the section? 

Do you deny that most in BF1 already stand, without accident every home game? 

4 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Educate me then.

Do you deny that the majority of the boys in BF1/2 will probably look to relocate/occupy the section? 

Copland front

Don't know, guessing between 3/4k

The majority of BF1 would look to move yes, would total a massive 1/5th of the standing section, hardly 'literally taking up the whole section', assuming they all even got seats

They do yes, don't remember saying otherwise?

3 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Educate me then.

what difference does that make? Likely they'll want it in CF

Who knows? You could fill 5000 nae bother

all of them will obviously but its not like they will be in control of the section or allocations 

yes they do and many want to join them which is why a standing section is the best and safest option

Consider yourself educated

Funny how folk go "the UBs are just in this for themselves"

And then the same folk say "why do they want a move? They stand in their section anyway"

So if the UBs only care about themselves then why are they asking for a bigger standing section when they can stand in their section as it is?  Folk are just contradicting themselves

1 hour ago, Vanoli said:

How is safe standing going to improve the atmosphere? It will literally be taken up almost entirely by the UB and their tag alongs - who all stand anyway...

I don't stand as I'm not allowed in my stand.

I would love to become part of a large singing section with like minded people.

I personally don't understand why any healthy, fit, youngish passionate Rangers fan wouldn't want to be part of a scheme to roar our team on.

4 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Consider yourself educated

4 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Copland front

Don't know, guessing between 3/4k

The majority of BF1 would look to move yes, would total a massive 1/5th of the standing section, hardly 'literally taking up the whole section', assuming they all even got seats

They do yes, don't remember saying otherwise?

So we'll call it 4'000 then for discussions sake. 

What tangible proof is there that this is going to markedly improve the atmosphere at Ibrox which is apparently so poor? 

If you're going to point to German clubs like most people do when this subject comes up, you could make the entire stadium safe standing and we still wouldn't create an atmosphere anywhere  close. Why? Because fan culture in Europe is different to fan culture in Britain.  Shocking revelation i know. 

Lets deal with British examples then. According to wiki, Bristol and Celtic are the only two with it installed right now. Personally i don't know anything about atmosphere at Bristol City games, so if that's your slam dunk then fair enough. Celtic, their 'atmosphere' comes from irish craic/ Europa style pish (the latter of which the UB are regularly lambasted on here for,  and of course the IRA songbook, I'll pass on their 'atmosphere' personally. This is without even considering the actual violence amongst West Ham fans related directly to the issue. 

So 4'000 standing at Ibrox = atmosphere at Ibrox markedly improves is nothing more than a hypothesis at this point i'm afraid. Combine the small logistical problem of potentially uprooting a few thousand season ticket holders with the set up costs, and i would say on the contrary it's 'ignorant' to be point blank dismissing arguments against safe standing as many are. 

3 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

So we'll call it 4'000 then for discussions sake. 

What tangible proof is there that this is going to markedly improve the atmosphere at Ibrox which is apparently so poor? 

If you're going to point to German clubs like most people do when this subject comes up, you could make the entire stadium safe standing and we still wouldn't create an atmosphere anywhere  close. Why? Because fan culture in Europe is different to fan culture in Britain.  Shocking revelation i know. 

Lets deal with British examples then. According to wiki, Bristol and Celtic are the only two with it installed right now. Personally i don't know anything about atmosphere at Bristol City games, so if that's your slam dunk then fair enough. Celtic, their 'atmosphere' comes from irish craic/ Europa style pish (the latter of which the UB are regularly lambasted on here for,  and of course the IRA songbook, I'll pass on their 'atmosphere' personally. This is without even considering the actual violence amongst West Ham fans related directly to the issue. 

So 4'000 standing at Ibrox = atmosphere at Ibrox markedly improves is nothing more than a hypothesis at this point i'm afraid. Combine the small logistical problem of potentially uprooting a few thousand season ticket holders with the set up costs, and i would say on the contrary it's 'ignorant' to be point blank dismissing arguments against safe standing as many are. 

So the filth sing about the IRA and West Ham(who dont have safe standing) have a hooligan problem. Ach you've convinced me, cannae wait for more teams to come to Ibrox and sing 'is this a library'

Would give either the front or rear copland to standing. Thing is, who wants to take on the non celtic inclusive season tickets to replace the UB section. Safe standing would be nice, but we need essentials. Lets not try and keep up with the jones's that wont get us anywhere unless its on the pitch. 

1 minute ago, Frank Harrison said:

So the filth sing about the IRA and West Ham(who dont have safe standing) have a hooligan problem. Ach you've convinced me, cannae wait for more teams to come to Ibrox and sing 'is this a library'

What do you think would improve the atmosphere more, 4'000 in a standing section or us actually getting quite decent at football again? 

1 minute ago, Vanoli said:

What do you think would improve the atmosphere more, 4'000 in a standing section or us actually getting quite decent at football again? 

4k in a standing section

We won 3 doubles in a row under Walter and the atmosphere was dire

3 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

4k in a standing section

We won 3 doubles in a row under Walter and the atmosphere was dire

If the current standard doesn't change i'd have to disagree, both is probably the right answer.

Its not an overnight process though and hostility towards it is natural and in cases justified. I haven't looked into it but if memory serves me right i believe it was a pretty lengthy process for Celtic to get it up and running, presumably because of similar issues. Needs to be suitable for everyone. 

5 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

If the current standard doesn't change i'd have to disagree, both is probably the right answer.

Its not an overnight process though and hostility towards it is natural and in cases justified. I haven't looked into it but if memory serves me right i believe it was a pretty lengthy process for Celtic to get it up and running, presumably because of similar issues. Needs to be suitable for everyone. 

It will be suitable for anyone who isn't trying to make a nuisance of themselves 

12 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Like me ?   Who has been a season ticket holder for over 30years and who,invested £5k in the club.  Yes I will move so some wee Spotty 17 year old who has been around Ibrox the full of 4 seasons telling us what we should do... 

If you want safe standing then the club can work out how much it will cost per seat say £2500 per head.  How many will pay that ? 

No you think us season ticket holders and shareholders should pay for this luxury? Are you prepared to pay say £3k for the price to change it and say a new season ticket next season?  

Thought not and as for reception? What a few wee claps  ???, dream on as it will never happen in the Copland and even if it did those people already there would get first refusal, These so called fans seem to think they are better than those that have been around for decades?    This is everything that is wrong at Ibrox.  

You'll move if you get told to or else you'll not be there anymore. Simple as that.