Tavernier.

Clemdog

Proved tonight how important he is to Rangers.

Receives a lot of grief due to his defensive capabilities, which I accept to an extent. But quite often he can be very solid and offensively is very important.

Two fantastic assists tonight and his relationship with Candeias is strengthening a previous weakness. I'm sure he can keep it up. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree. He makes some mistakes defensively but tell me a modern day full back who doesn't. Even elite full backs at the very top level make many mistakes. They merely have better players around them to compensate and cover.

He is consistently one of our most potent attacking threats. Yes, he's not always perfect and can frustrate, but he never shirks his duties, never hides and he is very capable of producing real quality at times. Some of his crossing really is top drawer. He's scored and assisted so many goals over the last few years and that's not even counting the amount of chances he's put on plates for people to fuck up. Defensively he's also improved a lot IMO.

Candeias helps massively too as have some of the acquisitions made over the summer. I think many have suggested that he would become better with better players around him and I think that has certainly benefited him, and us. Long may it continue..........

A long way to go for tav but he is vastly improved this year. And as somebody pointed out having candeas working that side of the pitch from the first kick to the last it really does get two birds with one stone. 

Defensively that side becomes more solid without losing the attacking threat, keep it up and he could reach the level hutton did in his last year for us.

He was good tonight, couple of quality deliveries but caught out defensively a few times aswell.  His problem, along with the majority of the squad is that he isn't consistent enough though and I'm sure in the coming weeks he'll have a stinker. That's just the level of player we have at the moment.

There's been a definite improvement on our right hand side with the addition of Candeias though, another who is a little hit and miss but his work rate and willingness to track runners and do the dirty work has helped Tav undoubtedly.

We really need a similar partnership for the other side though because Windass is all miss and no hit imo. 

Credit to him tonight, but he remains one of our weakest links.

It's alright doing his bit against shite, but let me know when he puts on a decent defensive performance agianst the scum.  He needs to get his defensive game sorted. Until then, not good enough

As for "brilliant", some need to get of the crack pipe ffs.

Overall, we are in a much better place than last season. Good team performance and a 3 goal win away from, all day fucking long!

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Credit to him tonight, but he remains one of our weakest links.

It's alright doing his bit against shite, but let me know when he puts on a decent defensive performance agianst the scum.  He needs to get his defensive game sorted. Until then, not good enough

As for "brilliant", some need to get of the crack pipe ffs.

Overall, we are in a much better place than last season. Good team performance and a 3 goal win away from, all day fucking long!

So we'll ignore his assist against the scum last Season. 

Also, his solid defensive and offensive performance against them in the 1-1 game. (More to shout about against them than most, but I agree not enough).

But really on topic, this thread was more about his performances this Season. He's been much improved, not sure why that's so hard to accept...