9 in a Row.

.Williamson.

Sacrificed it?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Sacrificed it?

• Yes
    • No

Would you have sacrificed 9 in a row ever happening for the past 6 years not to have? 

I picked this up from an argument a couple of other posters are having in a different thread and thought i'd ask everyone's opinion.

I was a child growing up through it so I don't really have many memories of it happening. I'm not saying would you have sacrificed us not winning any league titles in that time but would you have given up a run of 9 straight so that we'd still have been winning titles recently?

Hard question for me personally as I didn't get to enjoy it and the past 6 years or so have been nothing short of absolute hell.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Our financial mess really kicked in when Murray chased the 'European Dream' . If you analyse the transfers from 1998 - 2001 (not to mention the wages) that's where the huge debt was accumulated. I'm sure it was around 2001 when Hugh Adam came out and stated we were an accident waiting to happen - c £80m in debt.

19 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Our financial mess really kicked in when Murray chased the 'European Dream' . If you analyse the transfers from 1998 - 2001 (not to mention the wages) that's where the huge debt was accumulated. I'm sure it was around 2001 when Hugh Adam came out and stated we were an accident waiting to happen - c £80m in debt.

Correct.

A better question is would we sacrifice the advocaat era to avoid now, and I think the answer to that would have to be yes. 

Since Im one of the ones involved in the other thread I'll offer an opinion. 

Take the frustration we feel at not being able to lay a glove on the taigs. Now multiply that by 10. Personally speaking I'd never swap that feeling of inflicting so much pain on those fuckers for such a prolonged period. Would probably help explain to a lot of younger bears just why the taigs are the way they are. 

Every Summer the big names Rolled in. Aye established internationals not the sub standard types they currently  portray as Stars 

The feeling of lording it over them year in year out and watching them cringe with frustration because despite their best efforts they were powerless to stop us. The sight of seeing grown men crying with rage on sky tv, of watching them pelt their own directors with coins and Mars bars. The sight of them literally throwing themselves from the stands when we humped them....  AGAIN at home. And above all else for me anyway the feeling it would never end!

You would go into work on a Monday and give them absolute dogs and it would last all week. Some guys I know would dish it out in brutal fashion, I preferred the subtle digs. Always felt that got to them more. 

Sure the shoe is on the other foot at the moment but even the most ardent fenian will privately concede their titles are truly hollow. We did it when they were right there beside us with the addition of a strong Aberdeen, dundee united, hearts, hibs etc all capable of taking points off you. 

God knows it's hard to endure what we have for the last few years but as I mentioned in the other thread you can never erase those memories and I personally would never sacrifice them. 

54 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Would you have sacrificed 9 in a row ever happening for the past 6 years not to have? 

I picked this up from an argument a couple of other posters are having in a different thread and thought i'd ask everyone's opinion.

I was a child growing up through it so I don't really have many memories of it happening. I'm not saying would you have sacrificed us not winning any league titles in that time but would you have given up a run of 9 straight so that we'd still have been winning titles recently?

Hard question for me personally as I didn't get to enjoy it and the past 6 years or so have been nothing short of absolute hell.

your going to get differing views on this as everybody is different but for me I wouldn't sacrifice it. I only got to see the last few titles but that's the reason (along with outer political views) everybody hates us. the last 6 years have been hard to take but you don't appreciate the sunshine untill you experience the rain.

just think how amazing the next title will be in light of the last 6 years. our fan base is full of loyal supporters that will follow our club to the end of the world regardless of what league we are in.

My son was conceived when Rangers were put into admin and born when celtic beat Barcelona. I just hope we are decent when he starts getting into football!

3 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

Since Im one of the ones involved in the other thread I'll offer an opinion. 

Take the frustration we feel at not being able to lay a glove on the taigs. Now multiply that by 10. Personally speaking I'd never swap that feeling of inflicting so much pain on those fuckers for such a prolonged period. Would probably help explain to a lot of younger bears just why the taigs are the way they are. 

Every Summer the big names Rolled in. Aye established internationals not the sub standard types they currently  portray as Stars 

The feeling of lording it over them year in year out and watching them cringe with frustration because despite their best efforts they were powerless to stop us. The sight of seeing grown men crying with rage on sky tv, of watching them pelt their own directors with coins and Mars bars. The sight of them literally throwing themselves from the stands when we humped them....  AGAIN at home. And above all else for me anyway the feeling it would never end!

You would go into work on a Monday and give them absolute dogs and it would last all week. Some guys I know would dish it out in brutal fashion, I preferred the subtle digs. Always felt that got to them more. 

Sure the shoe is on the other foot at the moment but even the most ardent fenian will privately concede their titles are truly hollow. We did it when they were right there beside us with the addition of a strong Aberdeen, dundee united, hearts, hibs etc all capable of taking points of you. 

God knows it's hard to endure what we have for the last few years but as I mentioned in the other thread you can never erase those memories and I personally would never sacrifice them. 

:thumbsup:
That there is one of the best posts I have read on these pages.
We left the cunts crying in stadiums all over Glasgow and I will never never never forget those years.

I wasn't really old enough to enjoy 9iar as I was 6 when we won the 9th title but my earliest memories of watching Rangers were always good memories. Watching laudrup and Gascoigne run riot in every old firm games was brilliant. The first one I remember losing was in the cup game when I think lambert and burley scored in 1998. It was good growing up knowing that celtic are far inferior to us and to this day I still really believe that because I grew up in they days. 

Well, it's a difficult one. 

But, by this happening to us I think we have pretty much gifted the scum the chance to get a second 9 in a row - if not more.

Them getting that would be sickening, our club, reputation and status has been hit hard by absolutely anyone with an agenda or hatred.

Yes, I would have given up the memories of 9 in a row. Who's to say we couldn't do it post-Murray anyway?

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

The year we won 9IAR we posted profits of £30m. The unsustainable spending started when the nappy rippers brought O’Neill in, started spending big themselves  and became more of a threat. The debt accumulated then was being taken care of  until Whyte took over and fucked us. 

9IAR has fuck all to do with the last 6 years. 

I`d probably be best answering this in a few years time, if the tims go on to win 10IAR then I would absolute say that winning 9 wasn`t worth the pain caused in the past years, however, if we stop them and I hope we do sooner or later then all that pain won`t matter so much as we`ll have "won" in the long term. 10 is all they want and they probably won`t get a better chance to get it so stopping them at the peak of their arrogance and bitterness would rectify to some extent what we`ve had to go through.