Acceptable second half of season?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The games after the international break effectively killed our season. 

Finish in single digits behind them, 4 points minimum in the two old firm games and win the Scottish Cup. 

Be a good platform to build on for the summer whilst we get a new manager in. 

If that happens then doubt very much we'll be getting a new manager mate. Will be Murtys job and rightly so.

Winning the cup and finishing second is the bare minimum. 

Ideally I would like to see us kick on now, take them to the wire and really mount a challenge.

Seems unrealistic to some but I've seen it before, get that gap down to single figures and watch their wee inferiority complex kick in, then throw in the Old Firm games to be played and anything is possible. 

As a few people have said, 2nd place with single points separating, do them once or hopefully twice and the Scottish Cup. It would be some achievement considering the first half of this season and the shite we've had to put up with.

However, until its mathematically impossible that we canny win the league then fuck it, I'm continuing to beleive we can!

38 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Avoid admin2

Too late... it happened on Monday there. 

First place would be acceptable. If Murty is revamping our team with his own touch, then I can only see us dropping less points than the taigs this second half of the season. They are more than there for the taking. If we end up second, I think it will be closer than the 11 point gap just now. 

(Maybe I need to stop drinking)

Last minute winner from the Buffalo in Cup final against the taigs, Broonaldo crunching his baws on the post as he tried to clear the winning goal off the line and breaks his legs in the process, the thumb lashing out in anger at losing and taking swings at the polis and getting arrested and gaoled for it and our Cumdog ripping his shirt off in celebration after the final whistle to reveal a King Billy tattoo all over his back.  

Anything else will be a let down. 

A fair few saying win the SC. I know we played well and deserved to win last month at their place. But ANY time we go there we are rightly underdogs. We're simply not expected to win (by bookies), rightly so given so many circumstances.

So for those saying win the Scottish cup I take it that includes if we're drawn away to them. Which imo makes it harsh to expect to beat them and say it's a failure of a season if we don't.

Best case scenario is beat them, finish within single digits and win the Scottish Cup

Maybe a bit more realistic but just generally find more consistency, beat the diddy teams on a regular basis whilst maintaining our level of performance in the bigger games. 

1 minute ago, Gustav said:

Best case scenario is beat them, finish within single digits and win the Scottish Cup

They went "quote" unbeaten for a wee while so all we need to do is beat them and keep an unbeaten run of results until May and we'll not be far off. Those cunts will drop loads of points when the bottles start tumbling off the wall.

Now how to deal with the refs, that's another problem.

Just now, geneva_ger said:

They went "quote" unbeaten for a wee while so all we need to do is beat them and keep an unbeaten run of results until May and we'll not be far off. Those cunts will drop loads of points when the bottles start tumbling off the wall.

Now how to deal with the refs, that's another problem.

Pish, they've lost once all season there is nothing to suggest we can overturn an 11 point deficit or even get close to doing it.

That last line is something I'd expect to see on one of their forums.

8 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Pish, they've lost once all season there is nothing to suggest we can overturn an 11 point deficit or even get close to doing it.

You're capitulating already.

8 minutes ago, Gustav said:

That last line is something I'd expect to see on one of their forums

Referee is the guy in the Black.