Mindrot beyond the point of repair?

K.A.I

Just now, .Williamson. said:

I'm pretty sure the 80's Aberdeen side was better than what we are now 

Mate even the 1991 Dundee United side with Kevin Gallacher, Malpas, Duncan Ferguson, Iain Ferguson, Billy McKinlay and Ray McKinnon were better than us.

The Hibs side of 93 with Keith Wright, Jackson and Leighton was too.

As was the Aberdeen side of the same time with Richardson, Booth, Shearer, Jess, McKimmie etc.

Any of them medicore teams would fucking anihilate us if we played them now.

12 minutes ago, Inigo said:

We haven't had a capable manager for 7 years now. 7 years! We're not giving ourselves a chance here. 

Who knows what an actual, bonafide coach could do with some players. 

The problem with that is an actual proper experienced manager would be extremely wary of taking on this shit show.

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I'm pretty sure the 80's Aberdeen side was better than what we are now 

What’s that got to do with anything? 

Theyve a ceiling they can’t go higher than (where they are now). We can go up several levels with a bit of competent decision making. 

Fuck all comparison. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Mate even the 1991 Dundee United side with Kevin Gallacher, Malpas, Duncan Ferguson, Iain Ferguson, Billy McKinlay and Ray McKinnon were better than us.

The Hibs side of 93 with Keith Wright, Jackson and Leighton was too.

As was the Aberdeen side of the same time with Richardson, Booth, Shearer, Jess, McKimmie etc.

Any of them medicore teams would fucking anihilate us if we played them now.

Dreadful stuff

Just now, graeme_4 said:

What’s that got to do with anything? 

Theyve a ceiling they can’t go higher than (where they are now). We can go up several levels with a bit of competent decision making. 

Fuck all comparison. 

You said their best was our worst and I was proving you wrong

29 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Sorry for the odd title/header, I couldn't think of another way to word it and to make it look different to the usual titles like "shite bags, mentality, get rid of the lot" 

Is it at a point now where we literally have to get rid of them? like we've no choice? even if we take a financial hit and even some of the better performing ones like Candaies, Murphy, McCrorie etc?

Reason I say this is because it's a mental thing that's went too far. They are now conditioned to never beating celtic and losing almost every time we play them - sometimes heavily.

I think that it might be something that will never be reversed, even with the best coaching the world and the best manager in the world coming in. That sort of belief might be impossible to install now because it's simply went too far.

Our best chance is getting rid of literally everyone (easier said than done, I know) and replacing them with fresh players ... even if our budget might not allow us to get someone better/more talented than a Murphy or a Windass or a Candaies, but it would give us a chance with players who aren't scarred mentally and beyond repair now.

The only two players who have tasted victory for us against celtic over 90 minutes is Miller and Wallace who are done, the rest never will. 

Sorry for being crass but it's a bit like an abused dog or animal who's suffered for years, been rescued but it's too late and needs put down for it's own good because mentally they can't do it despite any efforts you put in. 

I hope that rumour that they've all been told they are going is true. If it is true then someone at the club has some balls and the same idea/thought process at this which I think would be welcome.

I get what your saying mate and I agree ☝? 

10 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The mentality you're speaking of actually extends to the fans now. 

I find myself not becoming annoyed at results like today anymore, just horrendously sad about what we have became. I go into each game against the taigs now expecting defeat and most in our support celebrate draws against them like cup wins now. 

We are Aberdeen

This is how I'm feeling about these games now. If we only lose by 2 I'm content. Fucking disgrace the similarities to us and the bead rattlers during our 9IAR. Only difference is they still won the odd OF game and a few cups. 

25 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Proper managerial leadership is needed.   

Not a youth team coach.   A proper football manager with proper experience of grabbing a squad of players by their collective scruff of the neck and turning them into proper professional footballers who do the job they are paid to at Rangers.   

If a properly competent, experienced football manager is not appointed and given enough transfer funds to get far better players in then its more of the same for a while to come.   The Club needs a proper football manager.   The Board has made an utter mess of making proper managerial appointments since they arrived.   I have zero confidence they will get it right next time.  But until a credible, proper and effective football manager arrives shambles will follow shambles.  

They have already fucked up the next appointment with gerrard 

1 minute ago, Gaffbear said:

Id start the under 20s against killie cos that lot today deserve to never again play for us 

I'd love to make that sort of stance as a get it right fucking up ye to the lot of those wasters, but we've still got second to play for. As morbid as it sounds.

We've stuck with this shite all season, why not the last 3-games too. The unders won't beat Kilmarnock, Aberdeen or Hibs let's be honest. All it would do is cure our blood lust. 

Don’t think we’re at that point. You get teams every season that look like they’re going to be relegated with no hope and a new manager comes in and completely changes things. Also look at Clarke at Kilmarnock, completely changed their mindset and got them going on a run even against the best teams. 

Now I know this is against one team specifically and we’ve had quite a few thumpings. But look at the game at Christmas that we should’ve won. They had beaten us heavily last year but we were still the better team in a one-off game and if we took our chances we would’ve won. That was still with the likes of Kranjcar and Windass playing. I find it hard to fully accept the true size of the gap at the moment because I don’t think we’re giving it the best shot with what we have. We have a manager who continues to play a system where we are outmatched in midfield and in a way that leaves up completely open and exposed. 

Oh and stop signing ‘Rangers men’ who cannot play for toffee. I am a ‘Rangers girl’ but wouldn’t expect to be on the teamsheet. We need talent not fans in shirts. 

(Having said that, if I was playing I would have at least tried to break a leg or two before rolling over) 

2 minutes ago, Gandhi1872 said:

Don’t think we’re at that point. You get teams every season that look like they’re going to be relegated with no hope and a new manager comes in and completely changes things. Also look at Clarke at Kilmarnock, completely changed their mindset and got them going on a run even against the best teams. 

Now I know this is against one team specifically and we’ve had quite a few thumpings. But look at the game at Christmas that we should’ve won. They had beaten us heavily last year but we were still the better team in a one-off game and if we took our chances we would’ve won. That was still with the likes of Kranjcar and Windass playing. I find it hard to fully accept the true size of the gap at the moment because I don’t think we’re giving it the best shot with what we have. We have a manager who continues to play a system where we are outmatched in midfield and in a way that leaves up completely open and exposed. 

I'm not talking about hitting some form, that can happen with a new manager it's called new manager syndrome - I'm specifically talking about us vs them.

26 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Is it at a point now where we literally have to get rid of them? like we've no choice? even if we take a financial hit and even some of the better performing ones like Candaies, Murphy, McCrorie etc?

The only two players who have tasted victory for us against celtic over 90 minutes is Miller and Wallace who are done, the rest never will. 

I hope that rumour that they've all been told they are going is true. If it is true then someone at the club has some balls and the same idea/thought process at this which I think would be welcome.

Edited the quote a bit but , "no" is my answer to getting rid of them all.

Miller & Wallace would never experience victory against the scum in a Pedro/Murty side.

We don't have a manager and haven't had one that knows how to compete at the required level since we got back to the SPL. We do have some decent players (even some that can perform at a more than decent level) but we just don't line up properly. The manager's tactics and starting lineup are nothing short of abysmal. Lacking a decent manager is at least 50% of the problem. 

Unfortunately our board don't know how to appoint a manager, and what's the point of being part of a football club board when you can't do the basics.

The reality is, this is three years in the making with this board.

Murty is what he his, not good and should never have been put in the position yet again. The board's ever so useful idiot.

However, forget the spineless performance, forget the team selection and forget all the tactical nuances, today it was simply men against boys. The scum are no invincibles, but today only showed just how big the gap is.

Not one of that squad would be missed. No point in trying to scapegoat and single players out. None of us are blind and what we see in front of our eyes is real. It"s been there all season and for some, there for the last three seasons.

Not one good enough to be in a title winning team.

Reality has to hit home at some point. Sure,  some have our favourites, but they are simply not anywhere near good enough. No excuses, no ah buts, it'all Murty's fault and whatever other feeble excuse.

All roads lead back to the board. From budgets, to poor signing policies to poor managers and all the off field shenanigans that have made us toxic, eroding standards, with little integrity and dignity left, if any at all.

We can only hope we have reached the tipping point and whatever the board have planned for us is all positive and positive enough to provide the investment needed to make a serious challenge.

If it's not forthcoming it is seriously time for direct action to be taken by the fans to remove this board, otherwise, we remain also rans and deep in the brown stuff.

To say it's been a depressing day would be an understatement, so I await with fear and intrepidation for the next club statement.

This board either step up to the plate or get ran out of town. No more jam tomorrow. No more false dawns. Show us the money or get to fuck.

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'm not talking about hitting some form, that can happen with a new manager it's called new manager syndrome - I'm specifically talking about us vs them.

They are not just beating us anymore they are humiliating and toying with us, when strong characters are needed we have none.

4 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Course it does cause football is as much about the emotions and your reactions, as the actual game. And maybe some are a bit less staunch than others, or maybe have few memories now of our glory days,

Before any game I still feel the surge of excitement though, the hope, the fear, the sense of winning or losing, the ups and downs.  And I know I always will.

It was actually @K.A.I a few years ago when Ally was dragging us down who made me re-realise that I was a real fan, and not just a glory hunter, something that was easy to become in our success years.

Apparently (and I still don't believe he meant it, or was probably feeling sorry for himself and the club and taking it a tad too seriously using poetic license) he arrived for a game at Ibrox and on walking in to the stadium he did not feel that wee tingle of excitement because recent results and circumstances had been shite. 

As someone who was in awe of Ibrox as a wee boy being taken to the game, had virtually seen it as my own playground, theatre of excitement and emotion, and a place to share and multiply those emotions with family, friens and fellow Gers fans, I found that strange. 

Since then things have gone from bad to worse, to worser to worst in recent weeks. 

Even with all the shit  though there'll still be fans like you, me, @K.A.I and many, many others experiencing that wee thrill of excitement as you see the stadium, hear the roar  and watch our team run on the park, and no-one is ever going to stop us doing it. Not just that but I know we will get our revenge on those who tried to destroy our memories and mess us up.

We will not be an Aberdeen, we will not be a Dundee United, Hibs, Motherwell or any other fuckers. We are the Rangers and 55 will be sweet, let's hope it'll come along sooner than we think at this time. 

Nice post mate 

Said it for months, ask aberdeen how hard it is to come back from it, they haven’t yet. We’ve filled the team with substandard pish with the mental strength of a fly.

They have been psychologically beat the last 2 now and it’ll only continue  

They are a disgrace to the Rangers jersey. 

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I addressed that in my reply. A lot of the same players who were beaten by them last season including a couple of heavy defeats (Fod, Tav, McCrorie, Windass, Kranjcar etc.) were part of that team that should’ve beat them away in the new year game and were by far the better team in the 2nd half. 

Regardless of that result today, I think we would’ve been seeing wholesale changes in the summer so it is likely to be a different team anyway. Just a case of whether they can get a competent manager in to get the best out of the players. If it is going to be Gerrard, we’ll soon find out whether he’s capable of that.