King wants new investors on the board

4 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

I guess the important question would be does anyone have an inkling as to what the parks think about gerrard.  Would they like him as the man or have they made any noises about someone else?? 

If true and they have the power then it's essentially upto them I guess?? 

I seen someone post a rumour yesterday that park was on board for gerrard as well. 

As for today's headlines, I simply do not trust the rag. That paper is a pro celtic tabloid. They are running with the headline "Paul Murray rescued Rangers". 2 guesses who wrote that article. 

They are in the dark as much as the rest of us. 

7 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

If its Amanda Staveley then its a yes from me. Please God its not another Karen Brady, although even she would be an upgrade on Paul Murray.

She acted as an introducer for interested parties to Man City and Newcastle. She would not touch us with a barge pole. People are forgetting that King stated that the club was not ready for independent directors. Basically because they are independent and would not stay silent. 

7 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Why must it be a female??  Why not the best person for the position regardless of sex or race

It was in the context of the article. IF it is a woman then that would be my preference. There are few men who could bring the investment that Staveley has a record of bringing.

Just now, gj923 said:

She acted as an introducer for interested parties to Man City and Newcastle. She would not touch us with a barge pole. People are forgetting that King stated that the club was not ready for independent directors. Basically because they are independent and would not stay silent. 

Again it would be my preference. I very much doubt it will happen. She is far more than an 'introducer' at Newcastle. If they bring more investment than it seems King can muster then they'll hold all the cards unless he releases all the personal funds he has promised but still hasn't delivered.

19 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Need one of the first ok in this field to remind us, but I’m sure a rights issue is only to exsisting shareholders. 

Its a share issue that everyone can get involved. 

Might be totally wrong though ?? it won’t be the first time. 

From memory there where a number of resolutions. One which defeated the first time round was the rights issue to selective shareholders which was passed last time to allow loans to be converted.....the quasi equity. Other one was share issue to all which would be underwritten by someone allowing anyone to invest. I also believe there are unallocated shares which where another resolution which can be issued at any point to inject capital.

2 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Again it would be my preference. I very much doubt it will happen. She is far more than an 'introducer' at Newcastle. If they bring more investment than it seems King can muster then they'll hold all the cards unless he releases all the personal funds he has promised but still hasn't delivered.

Ashley chased her.

2 minutes ago, gj923 said:

From memory there where a number of resolutions. One which defeated the first time round was the rights issue to selective shareholders which was passed last time to allow loans to be converted.....the quasi equity. Other one was share issue to all which would be underwritten by someone allowing anyone to invest. I also believe there are unallocated shares which where another resolution which can be issued at any point to inject capital.

So rights issue = current shareholders. 

Share issue = open to all  

2 ways of looking at it. First is it would be such a Rangers thing to do, bringing in a manager with the promise of investment but then only try to secure the investment when the deal's done. Second is that there is guaranteed investment on the promise Gerrard gets the job.

Think number 2 is far more likely because Gerrard's not an idiot, he wouldn't take it without being guaranteed and no way did Murray walk from the goodness of his heart, he must be making room for somebody.

14 minutes ago, Smile said:

The circus continues and the supporters that bought into King and Co are the Clowns.

Some of them are clowns, but a lot of the support didn’t know what to think and just fell into the trap of the old faces and promises of money

3 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

She is a big hitter bringing in investors willing to pay 100s millions for an EPL club. We are a basket case with a Chairman dodging a COS ruling, more debt than the club is currently worth, a loan from a bucket shop and Robertson. As soon as I saw that line about females I knew people would draw the comparison with Stavely. Maybe I am paranoid but this has Jabbas paws all over it knowing some of the support will seize the dangled carrot and run with it. 

Getting fed up with it all now.

Every fukkin day we get snippets and rumours, yet not a peep from our Board, Crisis1872, SOS, Houston, Graham, Bomber, or the Marshall Two.

All people who were never off our radars to get King in, and there's no doubting the fact since he arrived, we've gone from one car crash to another, on AND off the park.

We're like a charity for blazer chasers, and it makes me sick.

Just now, gj923 said:

She is a big hitter bringing in investors willing to pay 100s millions for an EPL club. We are a basket case with a Chairman dodging a COS ruling, more debt than the club is currently worth, a loan from a bucket shop and Robertson. As soon as I saw that line about females I knew people would draw the comparison with Stavely. Maybe I am paranoid but this has Jabbas paws all over it knowing some of the support will seize the dangled carrot and run with it. 

Not close to 'getting carried away' as my response mentioned, I highly doubt it will happen. As I have also pointed, out in another post, she is still working on the Newcastle takeover. My post was about:

1) The type of presence I would prefer.

2) The type I would be less happy with.

3) The complete waste of oxygen that Paul Murray has been.