Underwhelming signings that made an impact and vice-versa

K.A.I

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

Claudia Reyna....I was a wee bit miffed when we signed an American player for 1.2million....it turned out to be a fucking steal, he was majestic for us?

Claudia? That his missus? Yeah, Reyna was brilliant.

I remember reading the Retard which was saying we were about to spend £4m on some German I’d never heard of. Jorg something..... I was disappointed we weren’t going for a known, quality midfielder. :lol:

Wallace - has been mentioned, but we were all a bit meh about the signing. Proved us wrong.

Boli - I was actually more excited by his signing than Laudrup (who I thought would be an o.k signing) :lol: My god, how I got that one wrong. Aek athens still gives me nightmares...

14 minutes ago, GT66 said:

Knew someone would mention that lol.

He actually looked not bad in centre mid, but as a defender was clumsy as fuck

Always remember the home match against dundee Utd (ain’t karma a bitch) with him and Scott Wilson at centre back and it was horrendous, lost 2-0 and konterman was at fault for both. Let Steven Thompson ahead of him for a header then did some crazy karate kid type clearance attempt, missed and they scored the second (also remember that game well for fabrice Fernandez crashing one off the bar)

Alves absolute let down, been on holiday/don't get injured mode all season.

mildanavic or whatever he was called, zidane they said. Pffft

Kuznetzov was meant to be the better Russian.

r Wallace is a good shout was underwhelmed with his signing but  turned out good.

thought Prso was coming for one last payout but he would run through walls for Rangers he fell in love with us.

john Brown was another I felt  was shite at the time but he was crucial during 9iar.

trevor Francis the first million pound player, didn't light the heather although he did ok suppose

mark Walters had big boots to fill and I think he stood up to the challenge.

Stephen guivarch World Cup winner .... Gash.

44 minutes ago, GT66 said:

I'd say Bert Konterman was a dissapointment for me too, cost 4.5million, so thought he would be decent, but was a bit of a bombscare

I mind when we signed him, hadn't really seen him play before and a week (maybe even a few days after signing?) Holland were playing in the Euros so thought it would be the perfect chance to see what we've just bought...

Switched it on and my first thought was how the fuck is he getting a game for the team like Holland and we've just spent over 4-million on him ... thought he was a God-awful footballer allround.

2 hours ago, King_gazza said:

Marcus Gayle

Egil Ostenstaad

Daniel Prodan

Fanny Jeffers

Hamid Namouchi

Karl Svensson

Fuck me we signed some absolute pish

We sold Gayle back to Watford and for profit as well.

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I thought Beasley for £700,000 would be an absolute steal. Established international and had done really well in PSV side that reaches the Champions League semi finals a year before we signed him. Smith was also great at pulling form out of players. Turned out he was lightweight and a decent squad player at best.

I loved Beasley and he's still playing in the MLS and doing well.

Seen Beasley mentioned there he wasn't my favourite either.

Didn't see a lot of him before he joined us, maybe half a dozen times but he never impressed me and above all I thought he looked way too lightweight. 

Played a couple of good games but generally not my favourite type of player.

4 minutes ago, King_gazza said:

Apparently we made our money back.

Bonkers considering he only played 4 games for us :lol:

Screenshot_20180517-005918.png

Maybe it was just me or my minds playing tricks on me but did we not play a midweek game at Ibrox and he either started the game or was on the bench and he had just signed that afternoon but no-one even knew about it and we were like Marcus Gayle? wtf? 

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Maybe it was just me or my minds playing tricks on me but did we not play a midweek game at Ibrox and he either started the game or was on the bench and he had just signed that afternoon but no-one even knew about it and we were like Marcus Gayle? wtf? 

I genuinely can't remember mate. We've made some right fucked up transfers.

2 minutes ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

I thought Eck had lost the plot when he signed Marvin Andrews, but the big fella would’ve cleared out his granny to win a header.

I thought Andrews was alright when I seen him before we signed him - he done a great job against lesser teams but I thought he always looked ropey against celtic and in Europe. He got found out a bit then I felt ... a bit like the majority of our players now that they look decent against the rest of the teams but against a celtic they struggle. Was worth signing him though overall. 

7 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Claudia? That his missus? Yeah, Reyna was brilliant.

I remember reading the Retard which was saying we were about to spend £4m on some German I’d never heard of. Jorg something..... I was disappointed we weren’t going for a known, quality midfielder. :lol:

Wallace - has been mentioned, but we were all a bit meh about the signing. Proved us wrong.

Boli - I was actually more excited by his signing than Laudrup (who I thought would be an o.k signing) :lol: My god, how I got that one wrong. Aek athens still gives me nightmares...

I was exactly the same re. Boil and Laudrup. Thought Brian would be a bit lightweight for the Scottish game but Boli would be a colossus.  Not the best call I ever made.

10 hours ago, miracle said:

Stephen Wright & Alan McLaren deserve a mention there too in terms of injuries.

Basile Boli was a huge disappointment.

Boil was considered a bigger coup than Laudrup at the time as I recall. He’d just won the Champions League. Just didn’t settle to put league at all and don’t think his career ever really recovered