A tougher Approach from Douglas Park

Smile

I like the direction the Board are going with Park since he has come in(more hands on) there's been a change in the way we have handled situations before

we had Robertson/Murray who seems a bit of a patsy Douglas Park seems to be settling a few scores now.

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

I like the direction the Board are going with Park since he has come in(more hands on) there's been a change in the way we have handled situations before

we had Robertson/Murray who seems a bit of a patsy Douglas Park seems to be settling a few scores now.

Are you just putting 2 and 2 together because of the timing or do you know for sure he's responsible for the tougher approach? 

I'm genuinely curious?

56 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Would this not have been a management decision by Robertson? 

It would seem the general consensus is that any bad decision is all down to Robertson and any good decision is anyone but Robertson.

Now I know Robertson doesn't seem to have many fans which is fine. I personally don't have much of an opinion on him. My view, generally speaking, would be that any decisions made, good, bad or indifferent fall on the board as a collective as the reality is, certainly from my point of view,  I don't know what each board member does on a daily basis, what their specific roles are and how much power they have. Of course we can all guess, presume and there are a number of rumours to fuel the fires but ultimately I don't have all the detail and as such I treat all board members as one collective.

I'm not for one second defending Robertson. I appreciate he is on record publicly saying some pretty poor things. If no one likes him that's absolutely fine but I think it's easy to praise and criticise without knowing the full detail. I guess the same applied with Murty. Everything bad was his fault. Everything good was the return of Jimmy Nicholl. Again not a criticism of Murty or Nicholl. We just don't know the ins and outs of what goes or went on behind the scenes. In my view they were also a collective team, along with JJ and should be praised or criticised as one.

10 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Neither would I. I just don’t see the point of having a CEO of the board are going to make these types of calls all the time.

He’s not the CEO, we don’t have one. 

The board are running the club, Robertson is simply there to make sure the day to day stuff is done. You know like plenty of toilet rolls and sugar for folks tea. 

9 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He’s not the CEO, we don’t have one. 

The board are running the club, Robertson is simply there to make sure the day to day stuff is done. You know like plenty of toilet rolls and sugar for folks tea. 

He’s the Managing Director. He is meant to be the CEO.

But I agree, the board seems to be running the club. So why do we pay his salary?

19 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He’s the Managing Director. He is meant to be the CEO.

But I agree, the board seems to be running the club. So why do we pay his salary?

I see this assumption made a lot. In most organisations, CEOs and MDs are not equivalent. A closer association would be between a COO and MD.

MDs are generally in place for daily execution of Board directions. Just a slightly upmarket version of @Courtyard Bear's tea-boy analogy. A true waste of a wage at an organisation like Rangers. Particularly if you have one with the backbone of a jellyfish.

25 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

I see this assumption made a lot. In most organisations, CEOs and MDs are not equivalent. A closer association would be between a COO and MD.

MDs are generally in place for daily execution of Board directions. Just a slightly upmarket version of @Courtyard Bear's tea-boy analogy. A true waste of a wage at an organisation like Rangers. Particularly if you have one with the backbone of a jellyfish.

Depends on the organisation.

In an organisation where you have both roles, Robertson’s (apparent ?) remit you could argue extends across both definitions.

Or you could take the old fashioned view that simply MD is a European term for a CEO.

Broadly speaking King does a lot of the media stuff you would expect a CEO to do then sometimes Robertson does it.

Whatever the situation at Ibrox it’s pretty unclear apart from the Board calling the main shots. I’m definitely not disagreeing with you in that respect.

3 hours ago, Smile said:

Graeme Park pushed for Caixinha, presumably with his dad's approval. So his track record has thus far been appalling.