RFC Manager

2 hours ago, gersandy said:

I just hope we afford him the patience he deserves. He needs at least one or two seasons to learn his trade. He needs bad results, he needs bad press, he needs to build his team over a couple of seasons.

Then, hopefully he delivers us years of success.

As much as i want immediate success i am willing to afford him the time he needs although I really think we will be much improved this season.

Brenda will jump ship to the EPL if we hit the ground running and it just all clicks into place. They really are nothing special and have taken advantage of the bizarre situation we've been in.

We were the top scorers in the league last season and although we finished 12 points from 1st, I can see things becoming very tasty if we are clear at the top come Christmas.

Let's fucking do this.

1 hour ago, Albertzz said:

As much as i want immediate success i am willing to afford him the time he needs although I really think we will be much improved this season.

Won't happen at Rangers.

If we are miles behind them and not winning trophies he will be binned like anyone else. 

We don't give managers time when we are struggling especially not now they every league lost is a hammer blow 

4 hours ago, gersandy said:

I just hope we afford him the patience he deserves. He needs at least one or two seasons to learn his trade. He needs bad results, he needs bad press, he needs to build his team over a couple of seasons.

If celtic win the 9 having beat us consistently over a period of two years you'll happily stick with Gerrard in the hope he one day comes good?  I doubt it. 

5 hours ago, gersandy said:

Nupe he needs to swim not sink - he’s not getting years to learn his trade (or shouldn’t) that’s an appalling outlook imo 

1 hour ago, TMB said:

Will you wait for him to manage one game as a football manager before heaping praise on him too?  I think I'll wait before jumping on that bandwagon.

You're all doom and gloom today so get a pint down you. Judge actions and ability not your own "expert" pessimism.

5 hours ago, gersandy said:

Fuck that.hes not up here to learn his trade,can’t believe what am reading here

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Nupe he needs to swim not sink - he’s not getting years to learn his trade (or shouldn’t) that’s an appalling outlook imo 

I think it’s a great appointment by the board. I also think we’ll need to be patient with the guy. He isn’t a miracle worker. managers end up good only with experience. 

too many folk are just startstruck over Gerrard

if they are miles ahead by Christmas and we are out of Europe and the Cups then he'll be binned and rightly so

the most worrying thing is that King is probably more star struck than some fans and wont do what needs done if it does need done

i hope he does well but just because hes Steven Gerrard doesnt mean he deserves special treatment, Rangers success of more far more importance than Gerrards managerial career, all this pish about 2 or 3 seasons now is nonsense, we should be seriously challenging this season and i expect us to win it next season otherwise its just another failure

he shouldnt have any more wiggle room than any other manager

I agree with having patience,  but not as far as even 1st season. First 6 games and then we will know this time, after watching previous management of the team.

We should even have a rough idea after first couple I would imagine. Giving the mhutants that much of an inch would be dreadful.  

But I do get the whole team building exercise.  If SG and his coaching team are worth their salt,  then pre-season will do exactly this, if the stories on RTV are anything to go by.  

As said in another thread, I'm more optimistic of SG compared to the others though.  He appears to tick the boxes in terms of what he is looking to gain and the winners mentality appears to be there as well which is a lot more than the complacent nonsense we were constantly having to listen to before.  

8 hours ago, gersandy said:

Fuck this couple of seasons nonsense, I expect the title this season anything less is failure. 

Patience is not a luxury you get at Rangers mate.   

I expect a close run second place tbh. I want first. But if we take it down to the last 2 games of the season then he gets a reprieve for next year. 

Assuming it’s not a treble treble. If they win a treble treble the SG can do one