Rapid Vienna Day Trip

ForeverAndEver

9 hours ago, davis1986 said:

Out of curiosity what do u actually want greg to do. I spoke to him in person last night and we both agreed yes the policing was terrible last night but our own fans didn’t help as the minute the match came to the stadium the majority of that march just tried to bounce in front and the bears who had waited patiently to get in. To be honest a don’t think we should be having another march again as the union bears and there following just seem to think they are the only fans. Yes they create an atmosphere but if you give anyone a megaphone and a drum I sure they could do the same aswell. Stuck up for them in past hundreds off times. But when the crushing actually started. They had the audacity to actually try and throw there drum to front of the que. it wasn’t just the u ion bears though I may add. It was all the hanger ons as well that decided to skip in aswell and just basically act like tarriers 

I thought the clubs in Europe had to have an SLO that would look into the planning, along with our security guy and the local police, in order to pre-empt these situations.

What exactly does an SLO do if he’s not involved in such things?

33 minutes ago, thebooler said:

I thought the clubs in Europe had to have an SLO that would look into the planning, along with our security guy and the local police, in order to pre-empt these situations.

What exactly does an SLO do if he’s not involved in such things?

He can’t take control over poor policing and stewarding. At end of day they just see him as another memeber of public. He can’t say to a policeman can u stop Rangers fans skipping in front and keep the que normal the way it’s should have been 

13 hours ago, davis1986 said:

He can’t take control over poor policing and stewarding. At end of day they just see him as another memeber of public. He can’t say to a policeman can u stop Rangers fans skipping in front and keep the que normal the way it’s should have been 

I never said anything remotely like that.

I thought the SLO, along with our security guy, would make local authorities aware of potential problems BEFORE the event.

Would you not foresee any problems with one turnstile for over 2,500 people?

16 hours ago, thebooler said:

I never said anything remotely like that.

I thought the SLO, along with our security guy, would make local authorities aware of potential problems BEFORE the event.

Would you not foresee any problems with one turnstile for over 2,500 people?

There was 4 turnstiles.plus strangely enough also 2 turnstiles for women only which I found strange. One guy tried the gender neutral sketch to try to get in that end 😂😂😂 The problem wasn’t the turnstiles it was the Rangers fans who had tickets for other sections trying to get in official away section, I’m. Not criticising as I would probably have tried it myself if honest 

3 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

There was 4 turnstiles.plus strangely enough also 2 turnstiles for women only which I found strange. One guy tried the gender neutral sketch to try to get in that end 😂😂😂 The problem wasn’t the turnstiles it was the Rangers fans who had tickets for other sections trying to get in official away section, I’m. Not criticising as I would probably have tried it myself if honest 

Guys in the queue without official tickets told me they were told to go into that area. 

There did seem confusion I was told by folk I was in the wrong queue with my official ticket and moved, think I possibly ended up in the woman’s turnstile, though I didn’t see any around me at the time, ended up getting my ticket scanned then a guy opened the gate for me. 

Seen a few guys getting put out once they reached the guy scanning tickets. 

Was obviously going to happen but easily fixed by setting up a ticket check heading to the ground, there was certainly enough police to do this.

91480AB9-987C-41BF-A7EF-8026A0839EEC.jpeg

Just now, born a blue nose said:

Pics of sister

I was going to say she is not your type. But thats a losing battle.

She is quite a typical londoner type now - works in the city etc. the thought of her sitting with a bunch of bears, getting her drunk and singing the sash warms my heart, because its so unlike her

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

I was going to say she is not your type. But thats a losing battle.

She is quite a typical londoner type now - works in the city etc. the thought of her sitting with a bunch of bears, getting her drunk and singing the sash warms my heart, because its so unlike her

Glad the boys where on form mate, top notch. 

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

What exactly could the club have been expected to do?

I'll tell you exactly what they could have done, sent someone over to have a look at the place and ask what exactly they had in place to get the fans into the stadium because it was a fuckin shambles and don't know to this day how no one was injured in the crush which I was caught in for almost an hour. All the buses being told to arrive at the stadium at the same time, thought that was fuckin crazy, and then one entrance to join the queue just about sums up how incompetent the whole set up was - as I said at the start why was no one from the club over there to basically tell them this set up would be impossible to police and a danger to the fans.

18 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

What exactly could the club have been expected to do?

Have one look at the zigzag metal barrier the space to get into it and know it’s not safe and demand an alternative entry , lad at work today who was over to said the minute he seen a photy of the turnstile set up last week he knew what was coming so how does our security or SLO not ? 

1 minute ago, Lord Lockin said:

I'll tell you exactly what they could have done, sent someone over to have a look at the place and ask what exactly they had in place to get the fans into the stadium because it was a fuckin shambles and don't know to this day how no one was injured in the crush which I was caught in for almost an hour. All the buses being told to arrive at the stadium at the same time, thought that was fuckin crazy, and then one entrance to join the queue just about sums up how incompetent the whole set up was - as I said at the start why was no one from the club over there to basically tell them this set up would be impossible to police and a danger to the fans.

How do you know they didn't?

Their stadium is a category 4 UEFA ranked and you would think they could manage a big crowd.