Strange people within our support

Marky.

5 minutes ago, backup said:

you of course, not getting much brightness from that onion bulb of yours,..about 1.5 watts it looks like :facepalm:

Seriously. You're a fucking idiot, Bawsburst. :lol:

Back to the actual thing you said... who said 'Indy would be good because the SNP would shoot their bolt'?

Nobody did, mate. You'd lose less face if you just admit you made a mistake.

14 hours ago, Marky. said:

This popped up on my Twitter, I’m not sure if this guy is trying to be ironic or what.

What fan of any club would go to their team’s home game and film this to make a point?

What a weirdo. ?

Yes supporting nationalist piece of scum,. Maybe some cunt should have threw the cunt off the stand as he would not be missed. 

I love these yes supporting cunts who never say boo to  anyone  at Ibrox as they know damn well what will happen.   Yet they talk some amount of shit on the internet.

The cunts are brain dead 

Disagree with his point completely. From a personal perspective every die hard fan I know voted No and would again.

Despite the fact I think the guy is dillusional everyone is aloud to have their opinion (something the nats will never get) but why make that point, at that time and in that surrounding? It's just a bit embarressing to be honest.

I wonder if he'll be posting a video when we no doubt will have the Sandy Jardine stand covered in a Union Flag when we play in one of our Euro group games??:UK:

9 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Mostly yes. But not all. Some folk do just support us for the football. 

A lot obviously depends a lot on if you were raised in the ‘culture’ or if you just jumped on Rangers because we were so successful in the 80s/90s. 

There’s no doubt that our fan base is more diverse and that aspects of the ‘traditional’ side are more and more behind closed doors. 

Modern society is diverse and it’s healthy to expand our fan base. And if you can’t differentiate between football, religion and politics then there’s not much more to say. 

But if you support the SNP or want independence then you’re an absolute idiot. 

I nearly liked the post :pipe: 

1 hour ago, scottyc06 said:

He’s right you know! George Square would have been full on Saturday for the independence rally had we not all been at Ibrox!!

1E9385F4-73E0-4E12-A716-AC8C2B8AEB09.jpeg

The Ice cream driver must have been skunnered. Heard there was a huge demo to demand independence. Replenishes his stock and zooms down to George square to make a killing. Gets there to find a few hundred unemployed kaflics with not a pound between them wanking off to Tommy Sheridan. Total waste of petrol.

2 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

He’s right you know! George Square would have been full on Saturday for the independence rally had we not all been at Ibrox!!

1E9385F4-73E0-4E12-A716-AC8C2B8AEB09.jpeg

That whole debacle was only to get Tommy sherridan back in the public view again, complete scum of a person...

9 hours ago, Bakbear said:

Honestly, reading through this thread we do ourselves no favours. 

I am unionist, atheist and I like good old Queen Lizzie. No time for her offspring though. Does that mean I am not a Rangers fan? 

I am Unionist because I believe we share more with our neighbours to the south than we differ. I could go on for ages why I am who I am, but that is not the point of my comment.

if we don’t engage in this debate we lose it. 

If we simply ignore the growing propaganda and call those who succumb to it nasty names and dismiss them, we only make them stronger, we only push them away more. 

The question is, who in politics is representing your interests? Obviously not SNP! Not Labour and the Tories are fucked up. There are no political options. That is why SNP have picked up so many supporters from all walks of life. They are playing to the gallery and using populist politics 

I see people saying get out and vote, who for? 

The political arena has become so polarised now, centrist politics is dead, everything is extreme and many in Scotland when faced with extreme left or extreme right will sway towards the left. Myself included. 

SNP is a Nationalist movement. It’s inevitable that it looks like every other nationalist movement, the most obvious comparison being Sinn Feinn, but this nationalist movement has taken root in all walks of life and Rangers supporters will be no different. It has taken hold in politics, in government, in businesses. 

I have said before I can’t see how the momentum can be turned. If you look at the generational voting, a vast majority of today’s youth vote SNP. A growing number of youth have been brought up in a world where the Union Flag is considered racist and where Rangers represent bigotry. 

In 20 years when today’s pensioners are gone and another new generation of voters has come through, it is inevitable that there will be a majority who support independence. You want to change that? You want to swing those voters? The answer is not belittling them and telling them they are no Rangers fan, the answer is engaging them and debating with them and educating them on your point of view

There's no educating the brainwashed

4 hours ago, gmcf said:

Oh they'd be happy alright . They wouldn't want to face the melt down that follows . Part of me would want to force them to stay and say ' right , you fucked it , now sort it out and deliver on your promises ' .

The truth is , though , it's going to be someone else that will have to pick up the pieces . 

Farcical.the fuckin shitebags would probably emigrate as opposed to face up to the shitstorm they'd provoked

17 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Whom exactly, are you aiming that comment at?

Young Scots who've been brought up on a forcefed diet of Rangers/Tory/Union all bad..thought that would be relatively apparent tbh. Any particular reason why you're asking?

34 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

No,  I think that will do:) curiosity is satiated. 

Well, apart from...

*that's and a space after the comma :p:

It's all good now.  

Feel free to excuse my punctuation,in my defence it's been a long day on my birthday what with a demanding 20 month-old,throw in a rare night out with the missus and a coupla beers for afters...it's all got a bit much??

6 minutes ago, DC76 said:

Feel free to excuse my punctuation,in my defence it's been a long day on my birthday what with a demanding 20 month-old,throw in a rare night out with the missus and a coupla beers for afters...it's all got a bit much??

Happy birthday, my favourite weekend poster

6 hours ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

Wait so what exactly is his point?

UB sing all kind of songs all game and 95% of the time no one from around the stadium joins in. 

There isn't a point - it's just propaganda. The SNP are acutely aware of how to use social media to spread propaganda. They're also aware that, in order to actually get the public appetite for another referendum and their desired result, they need to appeal to at least some of the Protestant/Unionist Scots. To this end there's been a growing number of "GersForIndy" type stuff on social media, in an attempt to push the false narrative of there being a silent majority of Rangers fans in favour of independence. 

Not that I think any of that will work. Under Sturgeon that party has gone further and further towards being the Scottish Sinn Fein; the die is already cast. You can't try to appeal to those who are wished they lived in the Republic of Ireland, but also convert people who were against independence a few years ago. They can fool themselves that the EU exit will change attitudes, but I think it's just as - if not more - likely that they'll have alienated some 'yes voters' over the last few years. 

28 minutes ago, BillySastard said:

Fuck right off. I follow us for the football. You know, Rangers Football Club?

That doesn't make me any less of a fan than you.

I'm sure the club will agree with me.

We are actually  The  Rangers