Ryan kent

RFC55

1 hour ago, barrymorrison1 said:

Might be because it was his first game since the tattie bowl, hitch was said before the game was 7.5 weeks ago.Ā Possibly tired and keeping him for Sunday as well, if arfield still out.Ā 

Never understood the ā€œtiredā€ aspect to a professional athlete after an hour or so playing football. Surely he is training every day and should be more than able to keep going for 90 even though heā€™s not played in a while Ā 

weā€™ve got three full-size pitches at the Hummel training centre you knowĀ 

Ā 

2 hours ago, Ozblue said:

The more he delivers and the more he improves as the season goes, his transfer fee from Liverpool (if there is any) will be like watching a petrol bowser when filling up your car. As an aside, I feel a bit sorry for Jamie Murphy when he gets over his injury; how the hell will he get in the squad if we manage to grab Kent and Glenn Middlieton progresses? That's a mountain to climb for Murphy.

Jamie Murphy is shite. Thought we were getting a pacey, direct winger full of running. Got pretty much the exact opposite. Havenā€™t missed him atĀ all, to the extent Iā€™d forgotten he even played for us until I read your post.Ā 

Top player that boy. Ā Doesnā€™t like many wingers suffer from letting his head go down if it doesnā€™t come off for him, heā€™s right back at it. Ā Best player on the pitch by some distance first half, they doubled up on him second, should have createdĀ space that no one else seemedĀ to exploit. Ā Grezna should have scored at end and Kent would have had a well earned assist.Ā 

Thought he was more effective first half than second. Kept looking for the ball, especially first half, and gave some of the defenders a torrid time, but maybe lacked finding a final ball at times.

Things didn't always come off in terms of beating guys. He did go down blind alleys occasionally, and quite a few times his touch wasn't very good, but he was a big danger overall. The half time sub that Spartak made, with one of the subs giving a bit more cover on their right, seemed to lessen his threat quite a bit. The fact that they did that tells you they were worried by him, though, and we didn't seem to react very quickly to take advantage of other parts of the pitch.

I've seen him have more productive games tbh, but I like the attacking threatĀ he was bringing to the team.

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Never understood the ā€œtiredā€ aspect to a professional athlete after an hour or so playing football. Surely he is training every day and should be more than able to keep going for 90 even though heā€™s not played in a while Ā 

weā€™ve got three full-size pitches at the Hummel training centre you knowĀ 

Ā 

Not disputing you, I agree, but every manager does it. Ā Rogic gets hooked every game, as did ozil for years.Ā It was just an opinion.

Ā 

4 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Not seen a thread on the boy this morning but I honestly thought he was unplayable at points last night. If the rumours that 2million quid van secure him then I'd make that a top priority for January.

He was gliding by players for fun last night. His turn to get in between the two players in the second half was different level. The cushioned control and cut back for Grezda at the end was superb. In the last few weeks the boys really came onto a game and it's one of the best performances from.a winger at ibrox in a European night since dalcio v progres (well i made that bit up but certainly in a long long time)

Ā 

His first few games left me thinking we had another loan dud taking up a space that one of our own could have had .

Week after week he's getting better and better ,A month or so ago he was getting better at running with the ball but final ball was letting him down. Now he's getting better at that too and with rumours he's availible for 2m and that he would be interested in a permanent move he's the top priority for a contractĀ 

Our only hope is if an option to buy for an agreed fee was part of the loan deal.Ā Ā 

If we've to bid on the open market for him then he could easily go for upwards of Ā£10m if he's still playing to the same standard come the end of his loan.Ā 

15 minutes ago, Amato said:

Our only hope is if an option to buy for an agreed fee was part of the loan deal.Ā Ā 

If we've to bid on the open market for him then he could easily go for upwards of Ā£10m if he's still playing to the same standard come the end of his loan.Ā 

That's what I'd heard. Unsure of how much truth is in it thoughĀ 

3 hours ago, The Monk said:

Kent's stock was pretty low after an awful loan spell at Bristol city, wouldn't be surprised at all if he's available at that price and it would be an absolute bargain considering how good he's been.

Despite that....this is what Bristol City Manager, Lee Johnson had to say about him

"He came into a club with big expectations and for whatever reason it hasnā€™t quite worked as we would have all hoped."

"The squad understands each other and has cohesion with each other, its not always easy to break into that scenario."

ā€œRyan, let me tell you, is a great player. If you told me he was coming through our academy as a 20 year-old, Iā€™d tell you he was going to be a Ā£10m player in the next few years.ā€

So.....if his stock has increased since then (which it has)...?????