Wee mans first game - Tradition

SLBLLR

6 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

My son's first match was at Kimarnock around 1989,and i'm sure the score was 7-1.
Went to get pies just before half time and left him with his Uncle who was a Killie fan,when I got back he was crying as he thought I had went away and left him,still think that bastard was nipping him because we battered his team.
My grandsons first match was at Ibrox 2013 and he was 4.
His Mum brought him to Queen street and I picked him up,we got the underground to Ibrox where we beat Airdrie 6-0.
Went to get him a hotdog just before half time and when I got back,he hadn't batted an eyelid being left,and was engrossed with the UB's.
I remember nearly every minute of these two matches and how much those two kids were chosen for this.

👍

Great post Scotty mate.

:UK:

7 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

My son's first match was at Kimarnock around 1989,and i'm sure the score was 7-1.
Went to get pies just before half time and left him with his Uncle who was a Killie fan,when I got back he was crying as he thought I had went away and left him,still think that bastard was nipping him because we battered his team.
My grandsons first match was at Ibrox 2013 and he was 4.
His Mum brought him to Queen street and I picked him up,we got the underground to Ibrox where we beat Airdrie 6-0.
Went to get him a hotdog just before half time and when I got back,he hadn't batted an eyelid being left,and was engrossed with the UB's.
I remember nearly every minute of these two matches and how much those two kids were chosen for this.

I'll bring this up with your boy tomorrow 🇬🇧

33 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Reading this thread very very closely as my two wee yins are due coming along with me. 

It's a work in progress tbh m8, first couple of games are fucking hard work, I gradually increased the amount of games they went to over a few years, around the age of 10 they started asking why they weren't going to certain games then they just wanted to go every week, two oldest are now season ticket holders next to me and have done quite a few away trips as well, thought it would be more difficult having all girls but they love it, wee yins just turned 8 so she'll also be in season ticket territory in a couple of years, oldest turns 18 in February so won't be long till she's getting her da a pint as well , being a member of an RSC and the laugh involved helps no end. 

2 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

It's a work in progress tbh m8, first couple of games are fucking hard work, I gradually increased the amount of games they went to over a few years, around the age of 10 they started asking why they weren't going to certain games then they just wanted to go every week, two oldest are now season ticket holders next to me and have done quite a few away trips as well, thought it would be more difficult having all girls but they love it, wee yins just turned 8 so she'll also be in season ticket territory in a couple of years, oldest turns 18 in February so won't be long till she's getting her da a pint as well , being a member of an RSC and the laugh involved helps no end. 

Superb. Aye its girls I've got too mate, both younger than yours but still mad for it all the same👍

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

Just make sure you get a photo of it.  This is one of the best moments of my life taking the wee man up the stairs of the Copland for his first game against Falkirk in the championship season.  

F1BD5B32-E819-4399-BA04-B26001711F54.jpeg

Hes now been to 7 games and we’ve won all 7. 

He can have my seat for the 29th if that's what it takes! :UK:

18 hours ago, Spliffy said:

Program along with the scarf, and pictures at the gates as well

I can't  emphasise this enough . 

I took my oldest boy to his first game , aged 4 , against Sturm Graz and have nothing to remember the occasion other than being there  . Trust me , you'll regret not marking the occasion in some form . 

22 hours ago, SLBLLR said:

Taking my 3 year old son tomorrow for his first look at Ibrox...

Not that long ago, took my grandson, then aged 5, to his first game...

We approached the stadium in all its glory... fans belting out the tunes...

'What's wrong, Grampa, why are you crying...'.

Expect same and make damn sure you take lots of photos/videos...

On 23/11/2018 at 08:36, SLBLLR said:

Taking my 3 year old son tomorrow for his first look at Ibrox.

Plan is; train in, some lunch, buy him first scarf then the game.

Any traditions anyone can pass on to make the experience as memorable as possible? (Appreciate its doubtful he will remember it when he grows up)

Bought me n wee man season tickets this year he’s only 3 too and he’s took to it better than I could have ever hoped for ! First game fell asleep at about 30 mins in mind you then next game we left at half time but he’s been right into it singing blue sea of Ibrox or alfredooooo 😂 first game there I was talking to a guy in the toilet and he offered to take a pic of me n the wain going up the stairs which was a nice touch ! Genuinely so proud every game we go to 

18 hours ago, jamess said:

As you said,  buy them their first scarf. Take them into the shop and let them decide what style they want,  buy it and put it on.  Brings a tear to the hardest man's eye.

What if they ask for one of those pink ones?