***Official SK Rapid Wien v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As difficult as it it, a bit of perspective is needed IMO.  Did we expect to get to the group stages? Maybe, but it was a long shot.  We all love a moan, and we could have won that tonight and got through.  Spartak results have cost us in the end.  Am I happy?  Am I fuck - never am when we lose.  It's something to build on.  

To be fair, the Euro run will have earned us much needed revenue but it's hampered our league form whether we all agree or not. What I find more concerning is our inability to break down teams that sit in, Rapid did exactly that tonight and we can all rhyme off those in the league that have done it.  I'm concerned that (like his predecessors), Gerrard is massively underestimating what it takes to be successful in Scotland and that's why he's taken players like Ejaria from Liverpool. He needs to wake up very quickly or the pressure will be massive for him to be removed / move on. 

Something needs changed, whether it be go 3 at the back, change formation, do something ffs and not this Plan A better shite. We desperately need someone in the middle who's not exactly the same as all the rest but doesn't twirl in wee circles until they get dizzy and fall over their own feet. If that's Davis so be it but it should be someone of that type. The game at the end of the month is beginning to give the fear, sadly, and that should be their thoughts coming to Ibrox with (if they take them) only 800 of their scum in the ground. 

10 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Disappointed in how we went out but pleased with the overall European campaign and it provides a morale boost for the fans and a financial boost for the club.   

This post is TOO  baffling on RM mate.

Thousands of keyboard football managers, who when they get angry, turn on the Team they profess to love.

9 minutes ago, beechwood bear said:

I'm getting pished. Can't forget it though. What a chance to go through. That team were fuckin gash. Fuck it, No Surrender.

The missed chance was in Moscow,  and at home to the Russians.  We are not strong enough to be chasing everything.

Just now, jamess said:

The missed chance was in Moscow,  and at home to the Russians.  We are not strong enough to be chasing everything.

Probably mate. The offside goal killed us that night along with some horrific defending. Just think if we were a bit more streetwise we would have beat that shite tonight.

10 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

My point is that they need time together and to get used to playing for this club (Mcgregor aside).  Goldson has been fine, Barisic has been injured and looked alright whenever he has been fit and played, Kent if we get him would be great, jury is out on Grezda. The only absolute disaster is Sadiq.  It's too early to judge anyone else one way or the other with any degree of confidence.

Also - we wont spend 5/6 million in January.  We may make a couple loan signings or something but I think it will be the Summer before we spend anything substantial again unless an absolute bargain appears from nowhere.

I get why you're saying what you're saying but I don't agree with this whole players need 6/7 months shite to settle. If that's the case then the players should be getting better, not worse.

Barisic has had 2 good games all season and they were both against us 

Grezda has had 1 good 45 minutes, against 10 men Motherwell 

Goldson has been getting progressively worse, not better.

Katic is resigned to the bench/not even in the squad most of the time

There's a good 8 million in players who, right now, are all playing shite.

And the loan signings have all went off the boil, to the point where we now want Halliday starting in midfield over Ejaria/Coulibaly.

If we don't spend a good chunk in Janruary then the league is defineltey gone & even 2nd is going to be a tough ask because most of this squad don't have a backbone between them.  

14 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

The cry was no surrender has become the cry and surrender , fucking pathetic and embarrassing comments in here as usual, pish result against average opponent's, we move on and back the team domestically now , or at least the support who attend games do, internet loyal can continue to slabber pish for the rest of the night, match threads are the absolute worst thing about RM. 

If you had asked us at the beginning of the season if we cud get this far we wud have bitten your hand off.

Its been good while it's lasted so now it's time to get  back to business with the league.

No excuses  now.

I'm gutted as well but after the Dundee game on Sunday I was not sure how it wud  go tonight.

We need a few players especially a midfielder so we need to get behind the team .

While I can take tonight's result without too much hurt, we are a very poor passing team with a lack of quality in many positions and they will not all be resolved in Jan unfortunately, but to have any chance of 55 this season we will need three much better than we have at the moment IMO.

1 minute ago, Moody Blue said:

To be fair, the Euro run will have earned us much needed revenue but it's hampered our league form whether we all agree or not. What I find more concerning is our inability to break down teams that sit in, Rapid did exactly that tonight and we can all rhyme off those in the league that have done it.  I'm concerned that (like his predecessors), Gerrard is massively underestimating what it takes to be successful in Scotland and that's why he's taken players like Ejaria from Liverpool. He needs to wake up very quickly or the pressure will be massive for him to be removed / move on. 

Something needs changed, whether it be go 3 at the back, change formation, do something ffs and not this Plan A better shite. We desperately need someone in the middle who's not exactly the same as all the rest but doesn't twirl in wee circles until they get dizzy and fall over their own feet. If that's Davis so be it but it should be someone of that type. The game at the end of the month is beginning to give the fear, sadly, and that should be their thoughts coming to Ibrox with (if they take them) only 800 of their scum in the ground. 

I think it's more a general lack of character in the players now. A chronic lack of belief that makes them scared to do anything but take the easy option, and even that has become a struggle. Even their interactions with referees, opposing players at the wind up, etc., are scarily timid.

4 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I stayed away from the match thread tonight. What’s the chat? Folk who didn’t want in the Europa league now want sack every player? Or peace and love, and an appreciation of how far we went?

All of the above, and posters moaning about posters moaning..."this place", etc.. 👍

Must admit / Seeing SG PC  after match . I think we could have guessed he would keep it upbeat .

However his words . We have to see a reaction against Hamilton, mean fuck all . It's not these kind of games Rangers reactions should be getting measured .

We better win on Sunday but they should not be getting praise of any kind for doing it . They are paid a fortune . This is bread and butter or it better be

In the end Europe was always a bonus and we did well to get into the group stages. But we blew a great chance to get through. Those 2 games against Spartak are the killers. 

Our midfield is clearly the major issue moving foward. We are totally lacking in creativity and can't break down teams that sit in. Badly need improvements in January.

Onto Hamilton and a must win game. 

15 minutes ago, surfsup2 said:

If you had asked us at the beginning of the season if we cud get this far we wud have bitten your hand off.

Its been good while it's lasted so now it's time to get  back to business with the league.

No excuses  now.

I'm gutted as well but after the Dundee game on Sunday I was not sure how it wud  go tonight.

We need a few players especially a midfielder so we need to get behind the team .

I thought we'd lose by a couple of goals, screaming my head off throughout the game because I quickly realised that Rapid are actually quite pish and there for the beating, disappointed yes but we are still throwing punches in the league race, cunts calling for managers head and declaring the entire team shite on here, fucking laughable. 

We needed a win, Gerrard plays 1 man upfront. Should have had both Lafferty & Morelos playing tonight from the off. 

Coulibally would not have been my first choice either.

But we did do better this year in Europe that expected from the seasons start. 

Lots to improve on but urgently need a quality midfielder.

31 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Brilliant post, agree with everything you said. I’m not optimistic for the games coming up until the break, and I fear we may even fall too far behind that the January window becomes irrelevant. I just hope we can hang in there and not drop any further behind and then strengthen in one or two positions that will make the difference for an exciting 2nd half of the season and hopefully a title challenge. 

Archived