***Official SK Rapid Wien v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

9 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Can't stand the "you'd have taken going into the last game with a chance of going through" crowd.

The players have fucked it in both Spartak games and now this one.

Quality just isn't there from enough of them.

Arfield works hard but he has fuck all quality on the ball or in doing anything in the final third. Middleton is woeful. Grezda wouldn't get a game for a English league one team.

Mcgregor, Tav, Goldson, Barisic, Jack and Morelos. Get every other one of the cunts to fuck and get better players in.

And the money comes from where ?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

Couldn't care less. Don't hit out with inexcusable racist bile and folk won't ask for you to be banned for bringing shame on the forum. It's quite a simple concept really.

Then call the guy out and and show him up for it instead of your first instinct to go running asking for a ban.

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I honestly believe Tav is a jinx 

.He is s loser being our captain .He always keeps his worst times for our big games 

I'm sick of hearing how fucking good he is 

We have won sweet fuck all in years and he has been here playing in all these games 

The second half ,we had poor players but cmon .If we are ever going to be winners.He absolutely will never be in our side .Never 

His touch, getting out of tight situations and ability to find one of our players with the ball is consistently very good and was so again tonight. Defensively he's been solid as fuck all season.

I don't understand the criticism of him as a player, he's head and shoulders above almost everyone in the squad.

As a captain, I do understand it because we're used to Butcher, Gough, Amo, Ferguson etc.

Just now, jim beam said:

That’s what I find so frustrating our movement and ball control along with passing is something you would see watching school boys playing over the park.

It’s worse than school boys at times, we look the most uncomfortable team on the ball. First touch invariably bounces up in the air our 5 yards away. A string of passes goes right it’s out of the ordinary. 

Groundhog Day as far as our tatics and play is concerned, I don’t think the boss knows what to do in these types of games, he just expects players of limited ability to get lucky.

Rapid were as bad as us up front but they defended well, it’s all they needed to do, the boss just can’t crack it with this lot.

2 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Spot on! One of the worst European teams we've ever played against, between that and not beating a team that rested 6 players at ibrox, we are not going forwards at all, if you can't beat Dundee what chance have you got tonight? No quality in the team at all same every week, a team defends against us and we're lost, another shite season winning fuck all.

That “rested 6 players” shite was a Daily Record headline which was rubbished immediately and you’ve gobbled it up.

1 minute ago, Zappa6995 said:

Rapid Vienna are about as far removed from being a real team as we are. Wait and see what happens to them in the next phase, they were / are a shite side.

They are worse than shite .That is how bad we are .If we can make the excuse ,we are not .Then we have some horrendous players stinking the joint out for not beating them tonight 

Second time I’ve said this but when we can’t beat teams like rapid and spartak we don’t deserve to go through

our players have been a letdown since the Moscow games imo if we are really as bad as they look in these games we’ve got bigger fucking problems than I thought, it would certainly explain the league form 

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Sadly he does it a bit too often lately 

Criminal that he never took a second touch and steadied the ball 

He isn't the reason we are out though 

Again not one player stepped up for us tonight when we needed it most 

Alfredo needs help and our midfield is well short of creativity . 

What id give for a Jorg Albertz nowadays 

To be fair to AM, he’s the reason we’ve got to this point.

And there were plenty of folk who could have bailed him out before it hit the net.

They simply walked it through us.

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Its true, people act like its 2007/08 all over again!

1 win in 6 group games against three sides that sacked their manager.. 

Only 'great' results were the Maribor tie and draw in Spain. People too hung up on the Progres shambles.

Skrupi - garbage

Osijek - Average

Ufa - Meh

Rapid - Average

Spartak - Average

Villarreal reserves - Decent

Its been good at best.

It's not 'true', it's your opinion.

Your post was made on the premise that everyone thinks it's been 'great' or as good as the run when we went to the Uefa Cup Final. 

It's been tough, resilient and at points fantastic.

I never thought we'd have got there in the first place and if we did we'd get embarrassed a few times.

We've punched above our weight and got within 90 minutes of the next round. A bit more luck and we'd actually have gone through in my opinion - Morelos goal in Moscow, Candeias red card & the tackle on Morelos tonight.

6 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Rapid will be horsed the next round, no fkn doubt. They got their two quick goals in Moscow whereas we lost two quick goals and then there’s the goal being chopped. Fkn gutted man

It gives any team hope in the Europa League that they actually qualified.  A very poor team and I'm mortified it was them we lost out to.

The cry was no surrender has become the cry and surrender , fucking pathetic and embarrassing comments in here as usual, pish result against average opponent's, we move on and back the team domestically now , or at least the support who attend games do, internet loyal can continue to slabber pish for the rest of the night, match threads are the absolute worst thing about RM. 

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

His touch, getting out of tight situations and ability to find one of our players with the ball is consistently very good and was so again tonight. Defensively he's been solid as fuck all season.

I don't understand the criticism of him as a player, he's head and shoulders above almost everyone in the squad.

As a captain, I do understand it because we're used to Butcher, Gough, Amo, Ferguson etc.

You are his biggest fan.I get it 

You could be needing your eyes tested if you think his second half performance wasn't like watching someone up local park 

4 minutes ago, bazza010 said:

someone somewhere needs to find money for a better standard of player for gerrard he will be well pissed off working with shite

You can polish a turd all day long but at the end it will still be a turd.

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Sadly he does it a bit too often lately 

Criminal that he never took a second touch and steadied the ball 

He isn't the reason we are out though 

Again not one player stepped up for us tonight when we needed it most 

Alfredo needs help and our midfield is well short of creativity . 

What id give for a Jorg Albertz nowadays 

Alfredo needs help and our midfield is well short of creativity

This more than anything is our main problem. 

Just now, Valance1690 said:

Completley agree that we need the stability and we need a manager who can have 3/4 transfer windows, just don't think Gerrard is that manager and haven't since before he got appointed 

Delighted with the European run and he deserves some praise for it but the qualifying games weren't exactly us beating world class teams, we beat teams that we should be beating with a squad worth 10/15 million

If his signings had shown some sort of quality then fair enough but across the board they've been terrible, Barisic being the only one that's cost us any money who I'd happily give a chance going forward 

I agree about the players and that's why I think he needs to be given a chance now he knows what type of player is needed. Loads of player look good on paper but don't perform because of the difficulty of our league. There have been world class renowned players in the EPL who have flopped but gone on to great things in other countries. We need bullying players and I think he's starting to realise that. He's not minding his words when it comes to criticising the player and for me that's a good thing as other managers have tried to defend the indefensible. I'm not an avid Gerrard fan but I believe given the chance, money and time he'll win the league for us.

Archived