***Official SK Rapid Wien v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SasaPapacLoyal said:

He’s been pish recently but was alright tonight. At least you know he was on the park. The only time I noticed McCrorie was when his man ran past him for the goal or when I mistook Arfield for him 

McCrorie made some great covering tackles tonight. Dug McAuley our a couple of times. He does the job of protecting the center half’s very well. Allowed Jack to be more forward thinking and Jack had a decent game. 

Arfield should have been central. I think McCrorie between two banks of 4 and Arfield and jack central with Grezda and Middletonon the wings would have been a great set up with hindsight

No one fancied us to make the groups, broke a a scottish record in europe on the way, was always going to be tough to qualify, but the fact we were still in with a chance on the last game and in hindsight maybe should have qualified, unlucky lads, lets get the domestic campaign back on track at the weekend👍🏻

2 minutes ago, jim beam said:

Hate.cunts like you bawling and greeting for admin to ban people.fucking fanny.

Couldn't care less. Don't hit out with inexcusable racist bile and folk won't ask for you to be banned for bringing shame on the forum. It's quite a simple concept really.

They were a stinking side and we got beaten again. 

Mite been a shambles the second half of the group stage just to go with our horrible league form.

Gerrard and the players have nowhere to hide now and can’t fall back on Europe. Any more fuck ups domestically and we are looking at another disappointing season with nothing other than a few results to shout about. 

3 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Entitled to your opinion but he never should have got the job in the first place. Glad he's done well but the wheels have well and truly came off 

Giving him anymore money is fucking ridiculous, not one of his signings (apart from McGregor who was a free) has been better than average 

And we're going to trust him with more money?

Thank fuck people like you aren't involved in making the decisions.  I want success right now as much as anyone but you can't just keep changing your fucking manager every 6 months.  We were top of the league a week or so ago.  I'm interested to see how we go domestically now without Europe.  Also, Gerrard is on a multi-year deal and took his whole backroom team with him.  Even if we did want to get rid, it would be expensive as fuck.  Give him 2 full seasons before doing anything rash.  He needs this season to bed in and hopefully cause a shock.  Next season is the real test.  Whether anyone including me or you like it, we are work in progress.  New manager and half our team tonight weren't even in the first team squad last year.  Middleton, Barisic, Goldson, McGregor, Macauley, Coulibaly, Arfield are all new... that's over half our team!  And there is no denying Gerrard is a pure winner.  He will keep working and working and working until he gets there.  Follow through the good and bad.

He really has not done anything hugely wrong this season.  Beating teams like Maribor to qualify was a huge step forward from where we have been and it's worth noting we would have beat RV and Villareal over 2 legs.  Doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things but we are not miles away from being a decent outfit.

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Its true, people act like its 2007/08 all over again!

1 win in 6 group games against three sides that sacked their manager.. 

Only 'great' results were the Maribor tie and draw in Spain. People too hung up on the Progres shambles.

Skrupi - garbage

Osijek - Average

Ufa - Meh

Rapid - Average

Spartak - Average

Villarreal reserves - Decent

Its been good at best.

Usual kind of Euro campaign from us, too.

Start we’ll, then it gradually tails off.

Another game where we needed a goal & got thoroughly blanked.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Every other team has better movement and work harder than we do. 

That’s what I find so frustrating our movement and ball control along with passing is something you would see watching school boys playing over the park.

12 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Bad kick out by McGregor. Fuckin disappointig tonight. That mob are shite too. 

Sadly he does it a bit too often lately 

Criminal that he never took a second touch and steadied the ball 

He isn't the reason we are out though 

Again not one player stepped up for us tonight when we needed it most 

Alfredo needs help and our midfield is well short of creativity . 

What id give for a Jorg Albertz nowadays 

Repeat lack of movement thread created after the weekend's result. Can't pass water, zero creativity and piss poor in the last third. I completely get its different times with a different team but at least when the 2008 team weren't just defensively minded, we had some creativity and goals in the team. Take Morelos out that team now and there's virtually no goals in our team and that's scandalous. 

I try so hard not to rip in to players but Middleton is a poor man's Wylde and looks like a wee boy lost, Grezda looks like a waste of money (ffs £2m!!!), every one of that midfield have little creativity in them and can't beat a man and when we bring Lafferty on to play up top with Morelos we look disjointed as fuck. 

Belief has drained so badly from the team. 

4 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Maribor are a good team, as are villareal, rapid vienna and spartak moscow.

We held our own against them all.  The results just didn't go our way.

Are you trying to say Villareal and spartak moscow aren't "real teams"?  The spartak team are worth about 90 million quid ffs.

Rapid Vienna are about as far removed from being a real team as we are. Wait and see what happens to them in the next phase, they were / are a shite side.

Just now, Bluekev said:

Getting rid of Gerrard and his staff would probably cost us the equivalent of at least one maybe 2 transfer window budgets. Let him build a proper team of his own and then judge him. I think he deserves 2 more transfer windows now he knows exactly the type of player that is required for the Scottish game. We can't just keep chopping an changing managers because it will cost the club a fortune which we don't have and stability is needed at any club if they are to be successful.

Completley agree that we need the stability and we need a manager who can have 3/4 transfer windows, just don't think Gerrard is that manager and haven't since before he got appointed 

Delighted with the European run and he deserves some praise for it but the qualifying games weren't exactly us beating world class teams, we beat teams that we should be beating with a squad worth 10/15 million

If his signings had shown some sort of quality then fair enough but across the board they've been terrible, Barisic being the only one that's cost us any money who I'd happily give a chance going forward 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Its true, people act like its 2007 all over again!

1 win in 6 group games against three sides that sacked their manager.. 

Only 'great' results were the Maribor tie and draw in Spain. People too hung up on the Progres shambles.

Skrupi - garbage

Osijek - Average

Ufa - Meh

Rapid - Average

Spartak - Average

Villarreal reserves - Decent

Same people wax lyrical over this run downplay scums results in Europe, so biased.

Spot on! One of the worst European teams we've ever played against, between that and not beating a team that rested 6 players at ibrox, we are not going forwards at all, if you can't beat Dundee what chance have you got tonight? No quality in the team at all same every week, a team defends against us and we're lost, another shite season winning fuck all.

Just now, Moody Blue said:

Repeat lack of movement thread created after the weekend's result. Can't pass water, zero creativity and piss poor in the last third. I completely get its different times with a different team but at least when the 2008 team weren't just defensively minded, we had some creativity and goals in the team. Take Morelos out that team now and there's virtually no goals in our team and that's scandalous. 

I try so hard not to rip in to players but Middleton is a poor man's Wylde and looks like a wee boy lost, Grezda looks like a waste of money (ffs £2m!!!), every one of that midfield have little creativity in them and can't beat a man and when we bring Lafferty on to play up top with Morelos we look disjointed as fuck. 

Belief has drained so badly from the team. 

That's a great post on a very bad night

6 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

One goal scored, from a set piece, in 270 minutes against three poor teams. 

And there we have it. A lack of quality in the middle of the park is patently evident and another decent striker would help. We all know it including SG. Fingers crossed we can get an improvement in January

The team tried hard and we have to be happy enough with the run but we should have qualified from this group.

League and cup double it will have to be then..................in my dreams at least.

Archived