Ross McCrorie

ForeverAndEver

20 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

Would be more effective if he was the only DM in the team imo. He & Jack both do the same job and ultimately get in each others way sometimes.

There doesn't seem to be any alternative at the moment.  I thought when we signed Davis he would add more creativity and goals to the centre of midfield but it's not happened yet.  Coulibaly is a more defensive midfielder.  Maybe Kamara will bring more craft to the team.

7 hours ago, ianferguson said:

McCrories second touch is a tackle and while that's good enough for some teams it's not the Rangers i want to see. He needs to show FAR more composure on the ball but sadly i don't hold out much hope of him being a regular as we bring in better players and on that subject i firmly believe Kamara will be a star. 

What makes you believe Kamara will be a star? 

Unless you've watched him every week, then it's just a complete guess. 

13 minutes ago, Rum Ham said:

There's always YouTube mate. Looks a player in this video.Short , I know but plenty of skill and endeavour in this compilation imo.

35 minutes ago, Rum Ham said:

I'd say it was far more than a guess and even Stevie G won't have seen him every week. He has great balance , can tackle and also a great first touch. I think he'll thrive in a better team, a defensive midfielder who can keep the ball and Gerrard has been very complimentary about his ability in his first training sessions, time will tell. Also Neil mccann says hell make us big money, and he signed him and worked with him for two seasons.

11 hours ago, Rum Ham said:

A lot of people seem to be building Kamara up to unrealistic levels on the basis of a YouTube video.

I think he’ll be an ok squad player, but I don’t think he will be much more than that. Obviously I hope I’m wrong, but I just don’t see where all this star in the making talk is coming from.

11 hours ago, ianferguson said:

I'd say it was far more than a guess and even Stevie G won't have seen him every week. He has great balance , can tackle and also a great first touch. I think he'll thrive in a better team, a defensive midfielder who can keep the ball and Gerrard has been very complimentary about his ability in his first training sessions, time will tell. Also Neil mccann says hell make us big money, and he signed him and worked with him for two seasons.

Gerrards also said that McCrorie (while hes been our most effective player defensively) will be a Rangers captain one day, but you don't seem to have much hope for him...

3 hours ago, Rum Ham said:

Gerrards also said that McCrorie (while hes been our most effective player defensively) will be a Rangers captain one day, but you don't seem to have much hope for him...

Stevie g and Gary Mac have said many times that McCrorie must improve in possession, he will improve but in my opinion not enough to play every week as captains do. Certain games will require McCrories strength and energy but most games Rangers play we already have the ball so don't require someone who offers little in possession. I also think McCrorie will eventually settle in his true position at CH or possibly right back.

5 hours ago, DBBTB said:

A lot of people seem to be building Kamara up to unrealistic levels on the basis of a YouTube video.

I think he’ll be an ok squad player, but I don’t think he will be much more than that. Obviously I hope I’m wrong, but I just don’t see where all this star in the making talk is coming from.

I do agree to some extent but I don’t think it’s fair to say all his hype is based around YouTube highlights.

In games against us alone he’s stood out not just from the Dundee players but Rangers players too. At least that’s how I felt when I watched him. Game of opinions.

5 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I do agree to some extent but I don’t think it’s fair to say all his hype is based around YouTube highlights.

In games against us alone he’s stood out not just from the Dundee players but Rangers players too. At least that’s how I felt when I watched him. Game of opinions.

But again how many times have we seen players play well against us only for us to sign them and they turn out to be awful? Kamara clearly has talent but his CV doesn’t scream potential superstar either.

When you have Neil McCann saying he can be Barry Ferguson-esque for us before he’s even kicked a ball I think it’s time to pump the brakes on the hype for a little bit until we actually see what he can do in a Rangers shirt because IMO he’s being hyped up to ridiculous levels.

I think he just lacks confidence on the ball tbh. Probably due to his coaching as a youth. You're a big boy Ross, CB back for you. Just tackle and hoof it son you'll never do anything else well.

Happen to know for a fact that for a few years there were coaches he worked under that were convinced he could be a CM rather than a CB and the medieval era coaches were having none of it because big lad = CB or target man.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

So far so good m8 😂.

Never said he wasn't going to be good. 

Just questioned why you didn't have much hope for McCrorie, a 20 year old whos not lost a game this season when he's started, but thought a player you've not watched week in week out would be a "star".