***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Says it all I'm relieved at getting replay, need to be much better , too many players off it today only Candeias, Kamera and Big Joe get pass marks.

Ageee with your first statement. I thought it had a late winner for them written all over it. Evem left the pub at 80 mi Tues as I got too nervous. Is this sad for a man in his late 50s. Seems to have got worse as I have got older. 

6 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Maybe for the replay SG can get the team properly fired up for the game.

And maybe for the replay a referee who is not pre-disposed to referee Morelos differently (unfairly and harshly) from the rest of Scottish football.

For the first point above - that is possible.   For the second point above - impossible because the Scottish football system sees to it that Morelos gets special critical attention.

We could have taken off most of the team that's how poor we were today we were lucky to get a draw. we struggle as there are no real winners in our team we have players that are very good in one game but poor in the next two Aberdeen are full of workers with no real skill.

What a shit standard of football for any neutral watching. So glad we got a chance to win this at Ibrox. Crap game.

As for that complete and utter fucking arsehole McCoist, he's now an embarrassment to us. He's even trying to find things against us that nobody else sees...wtf? I loved this guy as a player and rightly so, but as a 'pundit', etc, he's a 100% arsehole and one of the biggest brown-nosers out there. It's truly cringeworthy.

Seriously, what the fuck happens with some of our ex-players? That rancid mob have a vile and disgusting history that nobody would wish upon themselves, yet they still stick together. We don't. Some of ours think the tainted pound is more important. That speaks volumes to me.

As for the fans, nothing but total respect for them turning up to support the team once again. If it was all relative and based on that, we would deservedly romp this league year after year. I applaud you guys and girls, especially after watching that performance today. WATP.

Have we had the benefit yet of the RTV interview with SG where we get the 'that wasn't the real Rangers' performance?   What can he possibly say other than to admit that it wasn't so much not a real Rangers performance as unacceptable shite and that it had better not happen again at the replay. 

Just now, Brubear said:

Ageee with your first statement. I thought it had a late winner for them written all over it. Evem left the pub at 80 mi Tues as I got too nervous. Is this sad for a man in his late 50s. Seems to have got worse as I have got older. 

Haha. As i’ve got older I’ve increasingly thought about not watching tense matches at all, and reading the score - obviously watching if we win. Haven’t done it yet, but sorely tempting!

Jack , Candeas and Barasic were all truly pitiful for us today

Not far behind were Goldson , Arfield and McGregor

Thank you for Kent, Worral  and Tav for stepping up second half or we would have been turfed out today

Alfredo wasn't his usual self but who can blame him when he is given fuck all from the ref

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

He is one fat piece of fucking lard . I almost detest the prick . If my Mum was alive , she would never believe a living legend of a player, could be such a leg end in my eyes

When I was a wee guy I had a cardboard cut out of him on my wall and i keep trying to convince myself I love him still but am kidding myself on mate.

guys a fucking snake. Before anyone backs him up I take zero pleasure saying that I hate him.

2 minutes ago, Davie Mr Magic Cooper said:

What a shit standard of football for any neutral watching. So glad we got a chance to win this at Ibrox. Crap game.

As for that complete and utter fucking arsehole McCoist, he's now an embarrassment to us. He's even trying to find things against us that nobody else sees...wtf? I loved this guy as a player and rightly so, but as a 'pundit', etc, he's a 100% arsehole and one of the biggest brown-nosers out there. It's truly cringeworthy.

Seriously, what the fuck happens with some of our ex-players? That rancid mob have a vile and disgusting history that nobody would wish upon themselves, yet they still stick together. We don't. Some of ours think the tainted pound is more important. That speaks volumes to me.

As for the fans, nothing but total respect for them turning up to support the team once again. If it was all relative and based on that, we would deservedly romp this league year after year. I applaud you guys and girls, especially after watching that performance today. WATP.

Post of the day with this

1 minute ago, Smile said:

We could have taken off most of the team that's how poor we were today we were lucky to get a draw. we struggle as there are no real winners in our team we have players that are very good in one game but poor in the next two Aberdeen are full of workers with no real skill.

Very true.   Worrying though that achieving the sort of winning consistency we need is eluding SG.    It seems too many of the players are just not able to raise their game to the 'real winners' level.    We do need enough quality real winner players in the squad to lift the game for the others.   Finding them is the hard part though.  

We need to be realistic.  Since we got back into the top league we’d have lost a game like that today and been out the Cup.  We’d also have been miles off the top of the table in the league.

We've made huge huge strides this year both domestically and in Europe and it was probably unrealistic to expect the Manager to win the league in his first season but if we can match the progress from last season into next season, we’ve every right to be optimistic. 

We definitely need at least 3-4 new players to strengthen the first team rather than just the squad, but we need to have faith in the Club to identify the right people to bring them in.

Having said all that, we’re still in the Cup and have an outside chance of the league so as Big Marvin says, keep believing!

3 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

When I was a wee guy I had a cardboard cut out of him on my wall and i keep trying to convince myself I love him still but am kidding myself on mate.

guys a fucking snake. Before anyone backs him up I take zero pleasure saying that I hate him.

Most of us get it mate . One of the proudest things in my sad little life was to witness every one of Allys goals versus the scum . Live

He was like a family member , I loved him that much .

Now the snake is unrecognisable as he crawls up every one of our haters arses

26 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

So how were we overall today? 

Managed to catch most of the second half walking home but it looked as though nobody had a grip on midfield which is why I would've picked McCrorie over Kamara. 

Just a wee fact, Clancy has booked Morelos in every single game, should've lumped a fortune on it. 

Kamara came into in the second half,  Jack was the weak link in midfield today.

7 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Haha. As i’ve got older I’ve increasingly thought about not watching tense matches at all, and reading the score - obviously watching if we win. Haven’t done it yet, but sorely tempting!

I'm ahead of you and actually chose not to go to pub for the 4 2 game up there. The good result and performance that night was the reason I went today. 

Archived