At what point does gerrard become sackable

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Never called anyone a cunt that’s on you, and wanting a change of manager plans into the taigs hands 

So if the shoe fits.......

I never called anybody a cunt though, and imo he should get sacked because he’s taking us nowhere which is playing into the Tarriers hands 

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

His two striker signings - Defoe and Lafferty.

Those two wouldn’t get us third.

To solve the problems from wide - 3 goal Jordon Jones.

Another CDM in Graeme Shinnie.

Gerrard and that fraud Allen, it’s like the blind leading the blind.

Good to see you back posting my man

28 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Don’t think the faults stack against him, he he brought players in that he thought were up to the job. 

I think he’s realised now what it takes to be a Rangers player. 

I hope he does and very quickly 

2 OF games still left and he better get the finger out and drop the losers 

11 minutes ago, Bruno's Manbun said:

Not had a chance to read the whole thread, but in response to the thread title, I'd say Gerrard is our last hope to stop them getting 10iar. 

There's no time to get another manager in and rebuild again. It'll cost us 10s of millions, with no guarantee. 

We need stability, and the only way to get that now is to keep Gerrard. 

I understand at this stage he has a worse win %age than Warburton Caixinha and Murty, but unless we get someone of an extreme calibre and a war chest of something like £40m, we're not going to be any better off if he goes. 

Its a difficult one to call. 

Yes and this is absolutely spot on which gives me the fear 

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

It is the only scenario I see now though tbh

He will get the next season but winners on the park don't necessarily make winners as managers   

The list of faults is stacking up now 

Never went today because i couldnt be fucked and knew it wasnt going to go well again. He has got to make better signings if hes allowed to spend , even then i dont know if hes going to be capable of making us a winning side. If we drop points early next season he will be gone before Xmas IMO........

Needs given the chance to clear some of the numbers and tweak with quality here and there. He's built half decent foundations and needs some targeted quality. He gets next season to do that.

25 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

His two striker signings - Defoe and Lafferty.

Those two wouldn’t get us third.

To solve the problems from wide - 3 goal Jordon Jones.

Another CDM in Graeme Shinnie.

Gerrard and that fraud Allen, it’s like the blind leading the blind.

Defoe with proper supply would be a good signing.

Lafferty- agree. Puzzled by that one at the time and so it's proven.

Jordon Jones- I'll be worried if he's meant to be anything other than a squad player.

Graeme Shinnie- hasn't even signed. Doubt he will.

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Warburton had three windows to fix a central defence and ignored it. 

Caixinha fucked it himself with results. 

Gerrard's team at times have shown how good we can be when we're against a side who wants to come out and play, there are positives to build on. 

Repeated myself countless times on here since December that we need quality in the middle of the park to break down these teams that sit in but we haven't got the quality to do so. 

we need to spend good money on creative players. not looking for free players or loans. 

8 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Never went today because i couldnt be fucked and knew it wasnt going to go well again. He has got to make better signings if hes allowed to spend , even then i dont know if hes going to be capable of making us a winning side. If we drop points early next season he will be gone before Xmas IMO........

During the week I said something similar, that he would get until Christmas and would be gone if he dropped points

After today, I honestly don't think he should get the summer window. He seems clueless about how to beat teams in this league and could potientially waste the money we get for Morelos in the summer if he goes (given that his signings so far don't exactly inspire confidence) 

Tough 1 for the board but a hammering in 2 weeks off the taigs and I think he'll be out the door

Just now, Valance1690 said:

During the week I said something similar, that he would get until Christmas and would be gone if he dropped points

After today, I honestly don't think he should get the summer window. He seems clueless about how to beat teams in this league and could potientially waste the money we get for Morelos in the summer if he goes (given that his signings so far don't exactly inspire confidence) 

Tough 1 for the board but a hammering in 2 weeks off the taigs and I think he'll be out the door

Yip , rock and a hard place . Do the board trust him enough to give him more cash or save for a new boss.

Just now, sassaaaa said:

It's all I see tbh mate 

The scum have been dreadful this season and we still didn't get close 

He is making the same errors not once or twice but many times over .

Tuesdays was my wake up call on him 

It was dreadful listening to him pussy foot around the players 

Walter would have read the riot act to get a reaction 

We got SGs the day from the players 

3 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Hopefully away at the end of the season, we need an experienced manager now , once he fucks it up again next year it gives a new manager 1 season to stop the vermins 10 titles

We needed an experienced manager at the beginning of the season. Board fucked it to sell season tickets and every body jumped on the fucking stevie g train like dickheads. We're stuck with him end of.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

First up he shouldnt be before people think thats my point, however the excuse that its his first season, he needs time to make his own squad etc, surely they can only be used so long

Warburton got one transfer window for the premiership, and nowhere near the budget gerrard has gotten, yup he made an arse of it but still it was one window

Pedro got one window to build his team and clear us of the players not good enough from warburtons era, again, while he was backed more than Warburton it still wasnt to gerrards level

Gerrard has had two windows now and a greater budget, the european run has earned him leeway just and no more, but even then thats wearing thin

We are no better in the league now than we were under the previous 2, teams do not fear us, they suss us out before we suss ourselves out, and they know our tactics will not change

At what point does a typically expected thread about Gerrard get posted, on yeah when you posted the topic an hour ago.

9 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Yip , rock and a hard place . Do the board trust him enough to give him more cash or save for a new boss.

Think it'll be decided in the next few weeks, results against the taigs/rest of the top 6 will decide it.

If he cant motivate the players then he'll go because let's be honest, the vast majority will be here next season. Gerrard has said himself he's only looking for a few in the summer.

They are chasing 9 next season and Gerrard needs to learn and learn fast.   

Now all  the hysteria is over regarding the promising start it has been soul destroying at times to watch Rangers lately.

We shot ourselves in the foot after a great start to the group stages in Europe , the dons have now pumped us out of both cups and we seem to play great one minute then like a championship team the next,   prime example the Hibs game, we should have been 3 or 4 up but left with a 1-1 draw. 

Our set plays especially corners are a disgrace our final ball from Candeis and Kent is woeful at times and I believe one of them should be dropped and the system changed with one out wide with Lafferty or Defoe up top helping Morelos 

Also any team that sits in and get physical with us we just crumble, Aberdeen was the prime example, we had 88m to turn it around and could be playing now and still not have scored. Then today ? Like so many times this season we drop another 2 pts and as long as we keep doing that we will never win the league.  

When Gerrard was appointed we were all less from happy but we support any new Rangers manager,  after the Pedro fiasco. Dave King the big Liverpool fan decided on bringing an unproven manager to Rangers and has backed him to the hilt, yet Aberdeen and  a very average manager in Derek McInnes turns us over in our own backyard.  

Last but not least, our captain wants to be more vocal and be forever in the referees ear regarding bad tackles and lack of bookings, We have the players, yes we could do with a real bit of quality wide and maybe someone who can dictate a game in the middle of the park and pass that crucial final ball when teams sit in, but we have not only the players but we have the quality in depth compared to previous squads also, So what's going wrong?    

Way too expensive to sack him and his backroom staff which brings me to the crux of the matter, what the fuck are they doing to help him, is his ego that big that its his way or the highway, or are the backroom staff equally as culpable in this shitfest ?

2 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

They are chasing 9 next season and Gerrard needs to learn and learn fast.   

Now all  the hysteria is over regarding the promising start it has been soul destroying at times to watch Rangers lately.

We shot ourselves in the foot after a great start to the group stages in Europe , the dons have now pumped us out of both cups and we seem to play great one minute then like a championship team the next,   prime example the Hibs game, we should have been 3 or 4 up but left with a 1-1 draw. 

Our set plays especially corners are a disgrace our final ball from Candeis and Kent is woeful at times and I believe one of them should be dropped and the system changed with one out wide with Lafferty or Defoe up top helping Morelos 

Also any team that sits in and get physical with us we just crumble, Aberdeen was the prime example, we had 88m to turn it around and could be playing now and still not have scored. Then today ? Like so many times this season we drop another 2 pts and as long as we keep doing that we will never win the league.  

When Gerrard was appointed we wee all less from happy, after Pedro Dave King the big Liverpool fan decided on bringing an unproven manager to Rangers and has backed him to the hilt, yet Aberdeen and  a very average manager in Derek McInnes turns us over in our own backyard.  

Last but not least, our captain wants to be more vocal and be forever in the referees ear regarding bad tackles and lack of bookings. 

We have the players, yes we could do with a real bit of quality wide and maybe someone who can dictate a game in the middle of the park and pass that crucial final ball when teams sit in, but we have not only the players but we have the quality in depth so what's going wrong?    

Dont agree last paragraph CB , we dont have the players to win trophies.........

24 minutes ago, Amato said:

Defoe with proper supply would be a good signing.

Lafferty- agree. Puzzled by that one at the time and so it's proven.

Jordon Jones- I'll be worried if he's meant to be anything other than a squad player.

Graeme Shinnie- hasn't even signed. Doubt he will.

Defoe is a good finisher but a complete luxury.

All about opinions but I feel.its the players who have lets us down as opposed to Stevie G, he simply has to be given next season and I'm confident he will deliver.

If the last 2 league games went the way it really should have then we likely wouldn't be talking about this, we would only be 3 points behind that lot. 

It has been fine margins this season and there has been numerous times we have had a chance to win certain games that we really should have but ultimately we didn't. I'm not worried about him being in charge and talk of him getting the boot is for me wide of the mark ......sure he has made mistakes but that's to be expected given where we were prior to him coming in. 

He should be applauded for the difference he has made to the team.

Archived