Ryan Kent

nik2402

There’s just not enough of an end product unfortunately.  These 4-3-3 formations require wide attackers who can come inside and chip in with 10-15 goals a season each.  Kent and Candeias have plenty of good qualities but they aren’t high scoring.  Finding guys that bang in the goals from these positions won’t be cheap.  This Jake Hastie looks the part and we should be doing everything we can to sign him.  

I think he's one of a few in the team who are short of confidence for whatever reason.

Gerrard man-management seems to be one area in which he needs to improve IMO. He's got a habit of throwing players under the bus in interviews, some players don't react well to it.

I'm hoping he's learned a hell of a lot this season 

55 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Another, like Morelos, who suffers from being part of a team without much quality in the final third.

Sorry but he's part of the lack of quality in the final third, he tries too much without end product most of the time, needs to keep it simple sometimes but he could be a really good player for us with the right training or mentoring.

35 minutes ago, Fatman10 said:

Sorry but he's part of the lack of quality in the final third, he tries too much without end product most of the time, needs to keep it simple sometimes but he could be a really good player for us with the right training or mentoring.

He's not the finished product by any stretch of the imagination like you say his composure lacks. He has 5 assists but he could hit 8/9 with a bit of improvement.

However, as it stands he is one of the most productive players in the league. I'm sure his numbers would be higher if he was playing with better players than Arfield and Candeias behind Morelos. To be honest I think I'm doing Arfield a diservice there.

23 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Do you sit in the blind section?

He's our best and most skillful outfield player by a country mile.

hardly a claim to fame in this team. he flatters to deceive and is vastly overrated. Has fancy feet but zero end product.

Frustrating as fuck watching him at times, can skin anybody for fun but runs himself into traffic everytime when he has the chance to release the ball earlier or cross it, think it was the St Mirren game were he could have slipped Defoe in about 3 or 4 times but everytime he made the wrong choice, hes a good player but he needs to stop trying so much.

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Agreed. Burke at Killie isn’t that different to him statistically this season.

From what I’ve seen this season, he’s the ex-Ger I’d have back, rather than who we have.

Severe lack of football brain in our team at the moment.

Kent, to get back on topic, is just one of several who should have much greater output for the amount of time he spends in possession.

1 hour ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Do you sit in the blind section?

He's our best and most skillful outfield player by a country mile.

He is our most skillful outfield player. Because he has zero competition in that department. Not exactly something to be proud of in this team. Producing nice pieces of skill on the halfway line or doing some nice skills and winning the odd foul isn’t good enough.

We need goals and assists in double figures to be challenging. Which is why I don’t think we can afford to spend the money on him.

4 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Jordan Jones is absolutely fucking garbage.

As I said I’m not his biggest fan at all. In fact I’m not sure we should be signing him. But would he have offered so much less than Kent? That was my point. 

7 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Frustrating as fuck watching him at times, can skin anybody for fun but runs himself into traffic everytime when he has the chance to release the ball earlier or cross it, think it was the St Mirren game were he could have slipped Defoe in about 3 or 4 times but everytime he made the wrong choice, hes a good player but he needs to stop trying so much.

Runs himself into traffic, tbh Killie and aberdeen have two banks of 5 to nullify Rangers greatest threat, Rangers wing play, when these teams are coming to Ibrox and sitting so deep with two banks of 5 and cutting of our wing play, when our wingers get the ball, kent or DC, there is 3 to 4 players that shuffle out left or right and nullify our wingers. Killie and Aberdeen basically sit just outside their 18 yard box. 

IMO we need creative midfielders who can link up well with one twos and go thro the middle  and shoot from outside the box etc.  

Aberdeen and Killie know our strengths and strangle the fuck out of it, its frustrating to watch  , Killie and Aberdeen are both well drilled sides, park the bus and choke our wing play, its unfortunate we give them both a goal start with glaring mistakes. IMO its thro the middle that we are lacking, hopefully it will be sorted next season as we dont have the players to change it up, were not good enough thro the middle. 

10 hours ago, SIRB_72 said:

Another, like Morelos, who suffers from being part of a team without much quality in the final third.

Since the break he's being double, sometimes treble marked by the likes of Aberdeen and Kilmarnock. 

I do think his numbers (assists and goals) are stronger than we give him credit for. If we compare him to players who play for celtic he isn't far off the mark.

He's had had 5 goals and 5 assists in the league (21 games) which is a goal /assist every 4(.2) or so games. If we look at goals compared to sinclair, forrest, mcgregor and christie he would rank 4th. However, he doesn't hit penalties unlike sinclair so his goal per game would actually be higher than sinclair's  if you took away penalties(4.2-4.33). If you also took away the 4 goals forrest scored in one game Kent would go ahead of him on the same ratio as sinclair's (4.2-4.33) putting him 2nd in goals per game.

In terms of assists Kent ranks 2nd to forrest who has an assist every 3.7 games. Kent ranks higher than sinclair (an assist every 13 games), christie (every 5.25 games) and mcgregor (every 5.2 games).

He just doesn't have the quality around him for me.

I'll need to memorize that and think about it the next time he tries to skin his man 4 times.

2 hours ago, plumbGER said:

I'll need to memorize that and think about it the next time he tries to skin his man 4 times.

😂😂 no doubt a frustrating part of his game but I'm just pointing out that he's probably one of the last guys we should be throwing under the bus when it comes to the final third.

Fuckin guy was a world beater and should be signed for the 4-5m they would be asking just a few weeks ago according to some on here.

Hes just like all loan players , they are not good enough or consistent enough to stay at their original clubs , just like the ones we have loaned out.

This guy will probably go back and get loaned out elsewhere.........

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

Fuckin guy was a world beater and should be signed for the 4-5m they would be asking just a few weeks ago according to some on here.

Hes just like all loan players , they are not good enough or consistent enough to stay at their original clubs , just like the ones we have loaned out.

This guy will probably go back and get loaned out elsewhere.........

skysports-roberto-firmino-mohamed-salah-sadio-mane-liverpool-anfield_4206397.thumb.jpg.3b49c1c078a6c8b558f1fbe314e4c6d8.jpg

:lol: