Maurice Edu

G.E.C.

10 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

His athleticism was good in big games where we mainly set out to stop other teams from playing but he wasn’t great in the bread and butter games.

His performance at Old Trafford and against Valencia was outstanding.

He was a limited albeit athetically gifted player who had double the guts of all our present squad members combined

Always conducted himself well and still speaks well about the club

Gave me one of my favourite memories in football with that goal and he thoroughly deserved it 

Happy retirement Mo

Always liked him, thought he was under utilised but as mentioned before seemed to prefer big matches.

Got some unfair stick at times (there's always one) but was an important (not the most important obv) cog in a successful Rangers team.

Thought he would have been older than that. Will always be remembered fondly for the last minute winner against them.

I had a tour round auchenhowie a year or so ago and there was a wee remote controlled boat on top of the lockers in the changing room. Turns out it was Edu who bought it and used it around the complex. I think they have a man made lake that can used to water pitches and also draws in excess if flooded? Bit of interesting trivia ..... not!

45 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

seemed to get better and better the longer he was away from the club

i'm just talking about nostalgia, don't know how he did at other clubs

wasn't a fan of his at all, mediocre 

He suffered from injuries for his last couple of seasons with the Philadelphia Union so didn't play much.  He has played in a World Cup on his resume, which most ex-Rangers players can't claim, and is now working as a commentator for American TV.  I personally like him as he still follows our games, never says a bad word about his time here, which I think helps advertise the club abroad.    

41 minutes ago, cstamomusa said:

He suffered from injuries for his last couple of seasons with the Philadelphia Union so didn't play much.  He has played in a World Cup on his resume, which most ex-Rangers players can't claim, and is now working as a commentator for American TV.  I personally like him as he still follows our games, never says a bad word about his time here, which I think helps advertise the club abroad.    

Can't fault the guy for his attitude or the way he's treated us since, I just never thought he was very good at all. I class him in the same category as Charlie Adam. Yes, there are some fans that really liked him and didn't want him to go but others found him very frustrating or shite.

12 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

Can't fault the guy for his attitude or the way he's treated us since, I just never thought he was very good at all. I class him in the same category as Charlie Adam. Yes, there are some fans that really liked him and didn't want him to go but others found him very frustrating or shite.

I get that it’s  not the point you’re making, but I can’t think of two midfielders more different than Charlie Adam and Mo Edu :lol: