Davis

Lloyd

1 minute ago, RDB14 said:

I think he's better than Jack and Kamara, all emotions removed.  Kamara is being overhyped at the moment and Jack is just an average busy midfielder with a bit of dig in him.

The main benefit of Davis for me will be his know how in games we have let slip earlier this season.  Given his contractual situation, I'd hope we can get better but think we could also do much worse than sign Davis if the deal isn't too expensive.

Think you're living of past reputation mate. Not seen anything as of yet to suggest he is better then any of them. Has he scored any goals, made any killer passes or fantastic tackles to break up the oppositions play? Can't think of any really myself of note. 

1 minute ago, MrMckee said:

Think you're living of past reputation mate. Not seen anything as of yet to suggest he is better then any of them. Has he scored any goals, made any killer passes or fantastic tackles to break up the oppositions play? Can't think of any really myself of note. 

Yeah I guess his previous stint will always be in the mind too.  I thought he was our best player against Hearts though and today I don't think Kamara or Jack were any better than him.

The main doubts I have over him Is that we already have so many central midfielders tied down for years and I think we should really lump all the money we have into a few players. that are a clear step up from what we have.  But...If Davis is cheap and free then it's not so bad.

42 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The entire time he had the armband right up to the point he couldn't wait to get to Southampton

Hes playing for a contract now though so fair play to him, he always has known how to look after himself 

He’s getting a contract anyway of how he finishes the season 

12 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I would imagine his salary is big and I just do not see that he is any better than what we already have and is 34 or 35, I would let him go and spend his wage on someone younger and better. 

Football brain my man. He can read a game, whereas many of our own cannot. His lack of fitness has let him down up until these last two games.

I watched Jack specifically in the last two games and he doesn't have the vision. A lot of shouting and finger pointing and no action. Whilst he was doing this, Well players were runnng past him. Didn't take responsibility and no creativity.

What also holds good players back are the players around you not having that vision. Noticeable in the many square balls and back passing we do, plus poor movement off the ball. Managers love players who have a brain with that vision. 

We played well today offering different options going forward. Too one dimensional in the past and relying on one guy to make a difference doesn't work, as our league position shows. Too predictable and too easy to snuff out as results have shown.

We simply cannot do same as before and expect to win a title, so I am heartened Gerrard is changing it

I wanted SD back before he returned but was having my doubts after a few poor performances but he looks more like his old self these past 2 games and I would offer him a year long deal IF he can maintain his fine form for the remaining games this season.

At his best he is still the best midfielder in Scotland imo.

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

What is the Davis of old or the way he played the last time he was with us exactly? 

He played good passes aye but he rarely assists or scores and nobody from midfield does it bar Arfield 

He plays good forward passes and our passing is awful sometimes. He’s a good player to have about. 

9 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

He plays good forward passes and our passing is awful sometimes. He’s a good player to have about. 

I could find a player with sell on value, probably the right mentality and isn’t a rat bastard that can play forward passes. 

Lol justifying him because he plays forward passes, must be joking

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

I would imagine his salary is big and I just do not see that he is any better than what we already have and is 34 or 35, I would let him go and spend his wage on someone younger and better. 

From what i've heard he doesn't care about the money aspect, he's made enough at Southampton, he just wants to get back to the club. His wages won't be huge.

2 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Davis has played very well the last two games. He’ll be here next season. He has a part to play.

Well Tiny has left so we need someone to look after the catering and the 1st team lads welfare.

17 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Nuts how a couple of decent performances against absolute gash changes opinions on players

I haven’t rated Davis since he came back but most of the teams we’ll play next season will be worse than Motherwell or Hearts. 

4 minutes ago, rangersross said:

I haven’t rated Davis since he came back but most of the teams we’ll play next season will be worse than Motherwell or Hearts. 

He has played some of them this season and until the games have meant nothing he has done nothing