What will the board do.

backup

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Firstly, I can't stomach the silence shite. The authorities crossed a red line with Gerrard and it is war and if Gerrard didn't realise that before, he does now. Maybe a blessng in disguise that it happened as it will only strengthen his resolve. This board need to respond.

King is a Chairman in abstensia, which is never a great thing and that fuckng idiot of an MD that runs it day to day only adds insult to injury.

I doubt his silence was bought and not being involved day to day, I doubt much affects him as his life remains in RSA, although it should do and he just leaves it to the MD who is a waste of space and just another blazer who is part of Scottish football's problem.

Yes he's wealthy, but I still have my doubts he's that wealthy he can literally throw money at us like a sugar daddy. It's going on four years for him now and being the money driven man that he is, he needs to maximise his ROI. For me 5 years is the end point to take that title, otherwise it's not the money and it's just risk and cash tied up that is losing value year on year. Next season is pivotal for him IMO and in my desperation, we will do it. In football, success on the park is everything and that drives the business and it's value and there is nothing more significant in driving up the value than winning the title.

I do strongly suspect that this summer will see record investment under his tenure. Being through the sale of Morelos, another investor, ST sales etc. Next season is the final push, the last throw of the dice, but the proof of that will come in the summer.

I'm fairly optimistic. We are improving and Gerrard is now fully armed in the knowledge in what he is up against in this midden and in what he needs after recent events.

I am not as optimistic as you B A, but I do hope you are right, the improvement in player quality (4 or 5) has to happen this summer if we are to have any chance of 55 next season IMO.

We need continuity, stability and around 5/6 additions of real quality. They are shite and I don't care what anybody says. We done them at Ibrox, we should have done them at the Tattiedome on Sunday, and we will do them at Ibrox in the split. 

13 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They will blow smoke up our arses anytime soon to get us buying ST’s promise this promise that, then do the bare minimum to help Stevie get a team on the pitch. 

I honestly believe they don’t give a fuck if the scum do 10 never mind another 9. 

That’s the ST adverts begun with the light projection out the front of Ibrox..... toothless statements about the state of governance in Scottish Football will be imminent. 

11 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They will blow smoke up our arses anytime soon to get us buying ST’s promise this promise that, then do the bare minimum to help Stevie get a team on the pitch. 

I honestly believe they don’t give a fuck if the scum do 10 never mind another 9. 

This year they dont even need to release their usual pathetic statement that supports everything the fans say , as they have a huge waiting list for season tickets......

11 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

The problem is not getting Kent back and potentially having to replace Morelos. That’s almost as important in bringing in quality 

My worry is if those two go, it will probably take our whole transfer budget to replace them and that’s just to stop us going backwards rather than improving the squad.

12 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

Does the board need to convince you to renew ? 

If they never signed anyone in the summer most would still renew. That’s what supporters do 

👍

I’ve never really understood the “season ticket” argument that fans put across. Feels like it’s a snidely wee dig at fans who  wish to go to Ibrox and support our team 

Personal circumstances normally dictate whether you renew or not. 

If you don’t renew there’s apparently 12k on a waiting list ready to take your seat 

20 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

👍

I’ve never really understood the “season ticket” argument that fans put across. Feels like it’s a snidely wee dig at fans who  wish to go to Ibrox and support our team 

Personal circumstances normally dictate whether you renew or not. 

If you don’t renew there’s apparently 12k on a waiting list ready to take your seat 

i think it's a dig at the board.

In the past the board gave it all the bravado about what they were going to do and changes imminent etc every year and done fuck all once the ST's were sold. When they realised this was starting to become old and tired they did the greatest PR job in Scotland by hiring Gerrard to sell tickets. No one will ever convince me Gerrard was hired as Rangers manager because he was the most experienced o best man for the job - it was PR for sales, pure and simple.

If Gerrard goes they'll revert to the statements and no action. A lot of fans are appeased enough not to question the board 

The taigs have got a big rebuild on their hands this summer. I think Gerrards aware of this judging by recent comments and will know next season is what will define him.

I expect we’ll sign some squad filler in the next few weeks e.g. Jones, Stewart etc. Then once the window opens and we’ve got offers in for Alfredo or Tav, we’ll look to spend on 2-3 first team players.

We’ve had a light squad this year and with the likes of Kent, Coulibaly, Worrall etc going back, we do need some squad players. We’ve learnt the hard way this year that you can’t play a 50-60 game season without having some options on the bench. 

11 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

In the past the board gave it all the bravado about what they were going to do and changes imminent etc every year and done fuck all once the ST's were sold. When they realised this was starting to become old and tired they did the greatest PR job in Scotland by hiring Gerrard to sell tickets. No one will ever convince me Gerrard was hired as Rangers manager because he was the most experienced o best man for the job - it was PR for sales, pure and simple.

If Gerrard goes they'll revert to the statements and no action. A lot of fans are appeased enough not to question the board 

Mince

bar one or two seasons in the lower leagues we’ve had full houses for 25yrs plus - no matter the board/manager 

It’s a dig at loyal fans who renew year on year as if the board have duped us somehow and we are all stupid cunts for buying the ticket. 

12 hours ago, LV said:

So we could have 14/24 million depending on how much we get for Morelos. Still to cash in on Tav and any others we can get cash for. 

Nah, I would say £10m for Morelos, plus £4m from board, can't see us selling many more.

If Morelos was to stay, and no one else sold, I would say £8m from the board.

20 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Part of it was Dave King flexing his muscles too. He seems to know very little about Rangers and Scottish football in general. So getting Gerrard into the club was his own wee wank material. 

1 minute ago, j1mgg said:

Nah, I would say £10m for Morelos, plus £4m from board, can't see us selling many more.

If Morelos was to stay, and no one else sold, I would say £8m from the board.

Why the difference in board contributions surely they should be putting in the max in any scenario. 

13 hours ago, King Jela said:

Which one? 2 completely different players.

My vote would be for Jack anyway. Arfield’s a great midfielder on his day. 

Not sure to be honest but just think we need upgrades in midfield.

dont get me wrong they have both played well this season in a lot of the games and I wouldn’t get rid just feel we are lacking a bit in that department.

4 minutes ago, backup said:

How did we manage before season tickets came along, that’s right the board ran the club as a business.

We've always had season tickets just not to the extent we have just now. We must sell about 95% of all seats now as season tickets.