Tonight I'm Gonna Party Like It's 1999

tannerall

2 hours ago, tannerall said:

What a year that was.

Yet it started badly with McCoist, Goram, Gough, Durrant and Laudrup all having left, and a new manager Dick Advocaat. 3-0 down against Shelbourne, we managed to come back.And an easy run in the league cup saw us win the league cup against St Johnstone, but was immediately followed by  a 5-1 defeat by the tims followed by a home draw against Dunfermline and then defeat against a cracking Parma to knock us out of Europe all before Christmas.  

But then with new signings Klos, Numan Van Bronkhurst, and McCann coming through,Bary Ferguson pulling the strings and Rod Wallace knocking in the goals we got our act together and proceeded to win the title in style with a 3-0 win at the piggery and took the Scottish Cup against cellic with a Wallace goal, and the treble was ours.What a season. 

And a wee question too, who made the most appearances for us that season ? (Don't Googe it).

Gazza left to. I was at Prenton park that day, travelled up from Eastbourne with my mum who had a ticket I did not, Rangers had sold 5500 for the game so two stands were allocated to us and one to them, I arrived at lunchtime and went straight to the pub opposite the stadium, was absolutely fantastic and they must have made a years takings in one day, then at some point the shelborn team bus rolled by and the players were really goading the bears, giving it large at the bus windows with taig toos and tri-colours and it obviously got a few bottles/glasses thrown at it, And the police decided that a previously peaceful gathering must be dispersed and no pubs in the area were to show the game, there was 11000 travelling fans so double the amount that had tickets so on police advice they opened the other stand and I was one of the ones who got in, half time 3-0 down (which was when the police deemed it safe to let the fenians off their busses and into the stadium, to 5-3 at full time. 

Worst experiance of my life attending football was after that game as they let thousands into that stand on police say so but no cunt had thought how we got out and no exits were open, we got crushed up against the main gates outside and it was serious, scouse police smashing cunts back with truncheons, until one guy who had a food stall opened a side exit and let everycunt out that way. Could have easily ended in a horrific way and the police could not give one fuck. 

57 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

Blootered 

My wife is 8 years younger than me and has asked me twice what I remember about winning the league at the piggery was like, first I said, best day of my life but at most it’s a little hazy, second time I just said, I was there that’s all I need to remember ha ha 

8 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

My wife is 8 years younger than me and has asked me twice what I remember about winning the league at the piggery was like, first I said, best day of my life but at most it’s a little hazy, second time I just said, I was there that’s all I need to remember ha ha 

Blootered? :lol:

15 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

:lol: doing a good impression of blootered myself tbh :lol:👍

Mate we work hard all week and have watched shite for seven years. We’re allowrd to get fucking mangled or we’d go mental. Not mental enough to end up like tarriers right enough they cunts are a level all to themselves 

5 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Hope you never met her when you were 16 👀

Was a special year. People seem to forget us beating the taigs in the Scottish Cup Final. 1-0 Wallace. Though after what’s happened the past 7 years, it does take a little shine off it and those days for me.