SG appreciation thread

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It’s the Rangers fans going ‘oh I can’t quite believe this man is managing our club’ as if we’re a wee team. It’s a guy who with all respect had done fuck all for years really, and in his first managerial job.

Don't think that's very fair. For years we have had fucking charlatans of the highest order with the likes of Warburton and caixinha especially. Even people like myself who are (admittedly) being quite fan boy with Gerrard are never thinking he is going to be the next Walter. We are just quite excited about him. There's really not much more to it that that.

5 minutes ago, Geo17 said:

Don't think that's very fair. For years we have had fucking charlatans of the highest order with the likes of Warburton and caixinha especially. Even people like myself who are (admittedly) being quite fan boy with Gerrard are never thinking he is going to be the next Walter. We are just quite excited about him. There's really not much more to it that that.

Of course. Even then Gerrard still has it all to prove. It’s just frustrating to see all the time, especially when we’ve won fuck all and never came close under him, obviously it’s still only one season.

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Of course. Even then Gerrard still has it all to prove. It’s just frustrating to see all the time, especially when we’ve won fuck all and never came close under him, obviously it’s still only one season.

100%. I'm just so fucking sick of being scunnered with Rangers. I'm tired of it and I'm sure that there is plenty the same. 

Yes we have won fuck all but we've seen lots of progess and i don't think its wrong to be hopefull of the future for once in the best part of a decade.

10 minutes ago, Sket said:

4 games. We can't go into that first fenian game chasing our tails again. We need to go WWW then fucking hammer they cunts. Lay down a marker for the season.

Start by pumping Kilmarnock 6/7 nil.  Shut them the fuck up for a start.  Fucking joke the results against them last season.

Wasn't sure when the appointment was made, remember thinking an older head might have been better.

Was completely wrong I think - will hold my hands up.

Steven Gerrard exudes everything it means to be Rangers in my opinion.  A born winner, full of integrity, exempt professionalism desire and fearless.

Fully believe he will take us to 55.

(pished while writing this but fuck it).

Really like the guy, the professional manner he brings, the not taking any shit from reporters, tidy football etc 

but this year he really really needs to bring us a trophy at least, especially with that fanny Lennon in charge off them, this is a great opportunity this year.

I'll admit I was concerned that his appointment was a gamble as he had no experience as a first team manager and didn't think he should be "learning on the job" with a club the size of Rangers. I am pleased that the gamble appears to be paying off. That said we start a massive season for if we fail to win any silverware this year his honeymoon period will be over and we will be back in turmoil. Please note I am not expecting this to be the case.

I think SG’s honeymoon period was over a long while ago. When you start dropping points to diddy teams, reality kicks in, the knives come out and you are well aware that any shortfall in expectations will not be accepted.

SG gets all of that, he has been brought up on it, born winner etc but what is more true is he HATES losing. The team performed well against them last season demonstrating a big improvement and we now have to go up a few more notches. He is capable and we need to stand by him. I am loving the changes and improvements compared to recent times.

9 minutes ago, LookingForEric said:

I think SG’s honeymoon period was over a long while ago. When you start dropping points to diddy teams, reality kicks in, the knives come out and you are well aware that any shortfall in expectations will not be accepted.

SG gets all of that, he has been brought up on it, born winner etc but what is more true is he HATES losing. The team performed well against them last season demonstrating a big improvement and we now have to go up a few more notches. He is capable and we need to stand by him. I am loving the changes and improvements compared to recent times.

Rangers have always dropped points to diddy teams 

I'm happy with the way things are going and I'm generally happy with our transfers. I don't care if I'm lumped into whatever group for being negative, he will only be confirmed as the right choice if he wins the league.

End of

13 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Rangers have always dropped points to diddy teams 

Always have done, what set us apart tho was we almost always beat the teams at the top at the time. Last season we couldn't buy wins vs Lillie, hibs and Aberdeen and struggled badly. Teams in the past would have won 90% of those games making the livi away etc a nothing result 

8 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Ultimately, it's no half measures with Rangers. When folk look back on his tenure  as manager he will be  seen as:

won a domestic cup = partial success

won the league = legend for ever

Look on it from the flip side, if he doesn't win the league this season he will be known as the manager who couldn't stop 9 and for me the league Cup or Scottish Cup wouldn't hide my disappointment