Support for Thursday

Ace

Watching the game last night, you say just about the whole stadium sing for 90 minutes & I fully expect them to sell out their away allocation for the return leg at Ibrox and again they will sign for 90 minutes.

Gerrard has already said that the home support is vital for the 90 minutes, getting behind & supporting the team and that includes having patience when Legia have possession or when we are not rushing at them all guns blazing, throwing everything into every attack.

How do we get the home support to sing for 90 minutes and i mean beyond the UB and others from the Broomloan?

In our most recent memory, the last 15 minutes against Rapid was the best atmosphere inside ibrox for many years, then against CFC when we beat them in Dec last year but how do we get that for 90 minutes in what is a vital game for our continued improvement (european cash drives the club to improve players & facilities)?

What's your (sensible) suggestions?

The topic of our support at Ibrox comes up all the time.

Humans are creatures of habit, so I anticipate most fans will behave in the exact same way they do every home game this coming Thursday, regardless of Gerrard saying he wants us to get the place rocking.

If you want to sing...sing. If you want to clap...clap. If you want to do the bouncy...bounce etc etc.

We’re all in this together, so there’s no point in trying to divide the support by getting frustrated at fans who are happy to sit on their hands and keep their lips zipped for 90 minutes. Might as well just turn negative energy into positive energy. We’ve all paid our hard earned to be there so do whatever you like as long as it won’t land the club in hot water I say.

1 minute ago, Denton said:

Very curious as to what the atmosphere will be like - could be explosive or could be resigned 

I’m thinking explosive, UB are a big miss atmosphere wise but Ibrox was still cracking on these kind of nights in the days before them only worry is it going quiet if we don’t get off to a good start 

If someone can’t get up for a game like this, then football isn’t for them 

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

I’m thinking explosive, UB are a big miss atmosphere wise but Ibrox was still cracking on these kind of nights in the days before them only worry is it going quiet if we don’t get off to a good start 

If someone can’t get up for a game like this, then football isn’t for them 

Hope this galvanizes the support 

Just now, psb07158 said:

Fully expecting to get a bit of abuse for this post but it looks horrendous when the stadium is down to 50% capacity or less at full time so it would be nice if people could stay until the end 

The entire 2nd half against rapid Vienna was amazing 

Depends on score mate!

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Fully expecting to get a bit of abuse for this post but it looks horrendous when the stadium is down to 50% capacity or less at full time so it would be nice if people could stay until the end 

The last 10 minutes against rapid Vienna was amazing 

10 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

The entire 2nd half against rapid Vienna was amazing 

If Thursday is half as good as that night I’ll be a very happy man 

Rapid Vienna was one of those games you’ll be telling people you were at for a long time