As it stands (Group G)

Virtuoso

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

People totally under estimating that result. Porto will come and cause us problems at Ibrox. They are a quality outfit and we have done very well there tonight. 

not saying we can’t win but it won’t be a gimme like some seem to think. 

They will but we should 100% do them at home based on tonight I'll be disappointed if we don't

15 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

We will rue that result against YB

also. Fuck plastic pitches. 

Plastic pitches...bain  of our lives. I think us having them 2 home games gets us thru 

Just now, KingKirk said:

They will but we should 100% do them at home based on tonight I'll be disappointed if we don't

Just don’t share your confidence. That tie is very much in the balance. Porto will be fired up for it and We will need to be spot on. 

We’ve now played each team in the group and shouldn’t fear any of them. Two home games and a very winnable away game. 7 points will see us through and I have full faith in the team to get them.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

In the remaining games between those three I expect Porto to take 4 points, Feyenoord 3 and YBs 1. 

On that basis a win at home to YBs and two draws would see us through. 

Porto 9 

Us 9

Young boys 7

Feyenoord 7

Would settle for needing a win in final game at home to the Swiss mob tbh.

Easiest way to deal with it is focus on getting as many points as we can from our remaining games and whatever happens elsewhere happens elsewhere.

Absolutely no point in trying to figure out permutations.

Its cliched as fuck but take it a game at a time and focus on our own performances and results

1 minute ago, TMB said:

We need to beat Young Boys at home.  Beyond that, any sort of result against Porto or Feyenoord should do it.

The way the group has been we will probably need more than that. Young Boys top the group so beating them wouldn't rule them out. It's so tight that I think we will need 2 more wins. Even then we could still go out on 10 points.

Good position half way through, I’m actually quite disappointed we haven’t  got 3 wins tbh we had a great chance to win with the Morelos header but you could say McGregor kept us in it aswell so draw probably a fair result, If we can pick 3 points up next game at home we will be in a great place.

8 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

The way the group has been we will probably need more than that. Young Boys top the group so beating them wouldn't rule them out. It's so tight that I think we will need 2 more wins. Even then we could still go out on 10 points.

This. Young boys did really well in Porto. Took the lead then a 50/50 penalty decision went against them. They're a decent outfit. 

This group is wide open. Small margins. Just so happy to see us punch against some big names in Europe. 

30 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

People totally under estimating that result. Porto will come and cause us problems at Ibrox. They are a quality outfit and we have done very well there tonight. 

not saying we can’t win but it won’t be a gimme like some seem to think. 

The logic is, we were strong there in an away game and could have taken 3 points. 

So there's no fear playing the same team at Ibrox. 

Archived