***** Hamilton v Rangers Official Thread*****

Orange and Blue

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn’t see the game but the sentiment still applies. With so many important (arguably bigger) games coming up, 3pts are just paramount at places like this. Performances are irrelevant when a league is to be won. No way this performance will have a bearing on eg Feyenoord or them. 

12 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Picking up  3 points when playing poorly is what it takes to win leagues.

8 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Performance worthy of league winners.

Play shite but still grind out results. Keep it up and the league is ours to lose.

8 minutes ago, GOAT said:

It’s the mark of champions to win when you don’t play well.  Last season we’d have dropped points today.  

I’d prefer it if we played well consistently.  There were a couple of times when Hamilton should have scored today. We got lucky. There have been quite a few games like this so far this season.

Ultimately we are keeping pace with them, but they don’t look like they’ll drop as many points as last season so we need to keep the standards up.

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

:lol:

I never get why people post shite like this. Each game takes care of itself. We were unreal at Livi, a place nearly every team struggles at, so good the Livi captain said we are the best side  they have faced.

We arent going to go round steamrolling every side we play and never conceding chances. 

My old man said exactly the same thing and I replied with exactly the same answer. Every game pans out as it does. We could equally be fantastic in the final.  Today we were pretty shite but got the job done. 

Just now, BlueThunder said:

I’d prefer it if we played well consistently.  There were a couple of times when Hamilton should have scored today. We got lucky. There have been quite a few games like this so far this season.

Ultimately we are keeping pace with them, but they don’t look like they’ll drop as many points as last season so we need to keep the standards up.

I think everyone would prefer that.  I don't really ever remember us going through a whole season without having some games like that.

As long as we keep picking up the points Ill be happy.  i'd take scrappy 1-0 wins from now till the end of the season.

Can’t call that any other way. That’s a poor and disappointing performance. If we’d dropped two points there we couldn’t complain about it despite them not even playing that well either.

Goldson was away with it today. Some really poor decisions and positioning. Arfield is a shadow of the player he can be. Tav was back to how he’s played for most of the season. Kamara was poor too.

Defoe’s performance was pathetic and half hearted like his last start for us against Motherwell.

A win is a win though but we need to improve as every game in the coming five weeks will be much tougher than today.

Aribo and particularly Arfield offered little today and that's why we struggled. Defoe poor as well but some of that is lack is service. Defence very flat footed at times and were lucky not to concede again. Tav and Goldson particularly culpable. Need to play much better for the rest of this period. Bad news if Barisic is injured. To end on the positives - 3 points, Alfie got a rest, Ryan Jack and Ryan Kent are in form.

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

:lol:

I never get why people post shite like this. Each game takes care of itself. We were unreal at Livi, a place nearly every team struggles at, so good the Livi captain said we are the best side  they have faced.

We arent going to go round steamrolling every side we play and never conceding chances. 

I get that bro and we are a very good team but when we ain't at 100% we make everything hard for ourselves.

The scum seem to control games more, and never really have more than a player or at most 2 off the boil. We by comparison can be dominated, look more fragile, offer up great chances against us. But most importantly we at times seem to have half a team off the pace.

We're getting by at the moment, but if it's not addressed and players dont hit more form collectively then it'll catch up on us.

Archived