Tav out till february?

RFC55

This is a fucking serious problem, and also can only happen tae us. 

If it’s true the only player that should be playing is Patterson. He’ll give us hopefully a younger version of Tav compared to Flanagan who can’t cross the half way line and Polster who Probably just isn’t in the managers plans. 

I’d be absolutely gutted if this was true and it’ll take my old man 5 mins into the St Mirren game to realise the amount of stick he gives Tav is no needed 😂

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You'd prefer a youngster who's played one winter break game to play in vitally important league games over someone who has played in said league games? 

If he’s good enough aye. 

You can’t possibly suggest we play Flanagan for over a month which means we become so predictable with 90% of our wing play coming from Barisic on the other side. 

At least Patterson offers something going forward

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You'd prefer a youngster who's played one winter break game to play in vitally important league games over someone who has played in said league games? 

One game at a time.... play him against Stranraer and see how he gets on. If you are good enough, you are old enough. Gerrard will select Flanagan however.

18 minutes ago, stevemac said:

deal until the end of the season definitely. as backup to tav for the rest of the season, and from the very limited times i saw him in the championship watching villa highlights, he did like going forward, something flanagan (and yet to see) polster dont do. surprised if he hasnt been considered at least.

I was joking. 

Just now, SPWF said:

I was joking. 

I'm serious. If he trained with us so SG could see if he still has the legs for the way we play, I wouldnt be against it if the management team wanted him. Shifting polster, doc, murphy, Herrera on loan again amongst others, hed be ok as backup IMO certainly better than Flanagan.

Wasn't Flanagan an attacking right back at Liverpool? I know he's not the same player he was after injuries but I think he'd be a lot better going forward on the right than he has been on the left. Looks to have no confidence going down the left side but hopefully he'd be far more comfortable on the right. 

I trust Gerrard will make the right decision based on what he's seen. 

The very fact some folk are even contemplating Flanagan being an acceptable replacement for Tav is fucking bonkers!

Have folk forgotten the game against Kilmarnock last season and the most recent Aberdeen game?

He cant run, cant beat a player, cant pass, cant cross and can barely tackle folk now.

Eric Dier had his appendix removed at this time last year and was out for approx 10 weeks although was training again after 6.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

If this is true, I expect Flanagan to take his place although I would prefer Patterson.

I would also like to see Patterson given a shot as out of all options he's the one who most replicates Tav's style of play, but he's still unbelievably raw so I think Flanagan will step in for the key games.

Provides a real imbalance to the team though now, we saw it when Borna wasn't at LB - teams just doubled down on Tav, having Borna has opened our play right up. Can see the opposite happening now with teams doubling down on Borna. 

23 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I'd prefer anyone over Flannigan he's a fucking bombscare

Archived