Defoe to be signed permanently

Marky.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s not really his ability on the field which is his biggest advantage to us.

It is his professionalism, character, attitude that will rub off on our squad and youth. Probably the best singing the gaffer has made if you look at the improvements in the overall squad in attitude and condition and I certainly wouldn’t underestimate how much of a role Defoe has played in it.

Not only is he a perfect ambassador for football but he can stick the goals away no problem. Win win

Hero imo

9 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Fill your boots Ross Wilson.

Hybrid between Morelos & Defoe... Imagine. Quick feet, speed and goal scoring instinct (Defoe) mixed with strenght, positioning and general awesomeness of Morelos. You would pretty much be looking at the perfect striker/forward. ❤️ 

8 hours ago, Marky. said:

Looks as if the one we are working on is securing Defoe beyond this season. Seems to be a real asset both in and off the pitch.

Done more than enough to be given a deal, so I’m delighted by this. Proved midweek he just needs a sniff and he’s deadly. What an vital trait to have against such tight and stuffy defences.

Thank fuck that's what it was about. The tweet flashed up on my phone at work and at first I thought he was a doubt for the weekend! :tu: 

Best signing of the season when it happens,  he will  remain at his prime in this league for another 3 years - he is in superb condition, and his attitude and skill won't depreciate. What a role model for all the young players coming through, and he should also be looking to take on coaching role as well. A true professional , who has played at the highest standards for countless years, - but more importantly a decent humble charitable man. It's clear he loves Ibrox and the fans.

I know people go on about his age but the sports science being applied nowadays means players can keep playing beyond what was previously considered the end of a top flight career. In the next ten years it wouldn’t surprise me to see a 40 year old striker still at the top of their game in a top flight league somewhere in the world. 

he’s a class act, looks like he could play for years and genuinely seems to be loving his time here, nothing but respect and admiration for the guy.

Seriously happy with this.

The more of his ilk around the place the better. What they've got rubs off on others and improves them. Those coming through and those not so gifted, it must be a dream working along side them.  It certainly appears that he has a positive influence on Alfie. Whether an arm around the shoulder, or someone to look up to in learning the game and how to handle yourself  just can't be bad and we have all seen the improvement.

Just gives a good vibe around the players and the club, far less the goals he scores. Sixteen with not so much game time shows his value.

2 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

I know people go on about his age but the sports science being applied nowadays means players can keep playing beyond what was previously considered the end of a top flight career. In the next ten years it wouldn’t surprise me to see a 40 year old striker still at the top of their game in a top flight league somewhere in the world. 

he’s a class act, looks like he could play for years and genuinely seems to be loving his time here, nothing but respect and admiration for the guy.

Ibrahimovic is 38 now and just moved to AC MIlan and still scoring, meaning he has scored in the 90's, 00,s 10's and now 20's.

I dont doubt for a second that in 2 years time he could still be playing top flight.

Archived