Rangers + Club 1872 Statements

BridgeIsBlue

1 hour ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

That how I‘ve kept  my opinion on it short, without serious follow up action it’s just another statement. 

Was just about to post something very similar. The statement in itself (which imo was decent) did point out home truths about the state of reporting and general attitude towards Rangers, however in itself we all know the ridicule from the usual suspects (which has begun already ‘Spiers’) that it would generate.
I’m hopeful that this is just the first step in addressing the issue however let’s how this pans out...

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

The comment from Spiers beggars belief. But I am not surprised. Just another hater who lacks balance.

Spiers has fallen into the trap of shooting the messenger and ignoring the message.  Shows himself up, yet again, as tolerant of sectarian and racist abuse...so long as the target is Rangers.

47 minutes ago, Badger said:

Traynor is a tabloid journalist, and our statements often come across as sensationalist and very tabloid. I do feel the style of statement makes them a bit of a laughing stock, and makes them easy to pick apart - masking completely valid points contained within.

We need to remember in making statements, we are not releasing them to convince or appease Rangers fans - that is preaching to the (mostly) already converted. We are making them to convince the wider audience that we have a valid point and are unhappy about things.  A bit of concise professional style writing goes a long way in shaping public opinion. 

Yes, but it will never catch on with us.

Then there is the timing. It is everything. We are reactive rather than proactive. Always on the back foot trying very badly to turn an injustice around, which makes us appear like whinging pensioners.

PR, like  everything else in business needs a plan. An objective in what you want to achieve. A strategy to deliver a consistent approach by which you will deliver it. Get everyone on the same page. It is obvious we simply don't have one and just knee jerk on rare occasions, only to get bombarded with even more hate, lies and innuendo as a consequence.

A statement is only the beginning of a process. With us, our MO shows, they are the beginning, middle and the end.

As I've said, there are no consequence for our haters in constantly attacking us, so why should they stop as they get a free pass to damage us?

Our board are simply falling way below the mark in this area.

5 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Spiers has fallen into the trap of shooting the messenger and ignoring the message.  Shows himself up, yet again, as tolerant of sectarian and racist abuse...so long as the target is Rangers.

No. We have fallen into the trap of letting JT use us as a platform to score points against his contemporaries who despise him and not without good reason. 

No mention of the statement in the rabid or the Sun. Only Screeds of ridicule on twatter and Waddell taking the piss out of us on another matter in the rabid.

A statement is meaningless if there are no consequences and no change as a consequence.  Well for all it's worth, there is no change today and only more hate. No one is buying it, except the gullible among us.

We are rank amateurs when it comes to PR in protecting our brand and our employees, but the sad thing is, I think our board know that and persist with it for whatever the reason.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I'm sure he just says he's a Scotland/football fan now. His flat used to have pictures of him as a kid wearing Rangers tops.

Aye, there are a few who openly support us but not many. Not counting the ex-pros, there are surprisingly few who openly support either half of the Old Firm. Plenty of Raith, Aberdeen, Falkirk and St. Mirren fans bizarrely. Jonny McFarlane is one of the few who are openly Rangers fans (despite all the Hibs nonsense). 

Probably because you get paid to watch better football than you are used to.

Outside Sports there are quite a few journos who are Rangers fans.

I noticed that the narrative has changed already and we are now getting slaughtered for releasing the statement off the back of the 12 year old boy being charged. These bastards are intentionally missing the point and tbh the club will never win.

With the above being said I would just go full pelt and ban Provan, Stewart and that fat mess Leckie for starters.

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Probably because you get paid to watch better football than you are used to.

Outside Sports there are quite a few journos who are Rangers fans.

Quite a few press officers are at clubs too.

I've never made any secret of it when I'm at clubs that I'm a Rangers fan and tbh, nobody has ever said a thing about it. Quite a few of the folk I deal with at other clubs are quite good for a bit of a laugh about whatever's going on.

36 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Was just about to post something very similar. The statement in itself (which imo was decent) did point out home truths about the state of reporting and general attitude towards Rangers, however in itself we all know the ridicule from the usual suspects (which has begun already ‘Spiers’) that it would generate.
I’m hopeful that this is just the first step in addressing the issue however let’s how this pans out...

That clown is a cowardly apologist hoping that the crocodile will eat him last.

7 minutes ago, B1872 said:

I noticed that the narrative has changed already and we are now getting slaughtered for releasing the statement off the back of the 12 year old boy being charged. These bastards are intentionally missing the point and tbh the club will never win.

With the above being said I would just go full pelt and ban Provan, Stewart and that fat mess Leckie for starters.

Masters of our own down fall I’m afraid.

There was no need to mention the charge,  it’s a distraction from the main target which is the media’s position on Morelos. Nobody really gives a flying fuck that a 12 year old shouted some ill advised abuse.

Nor was there a need to wait to call out the media.

Nor was there a need to invite them to Ibrox for moral reorientation.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The issue with Traynor (apart from being a cunt) is that every statement becomes about him.

Exactly, and as we can see from Spiers' tweet, it's an easy out for other journalists now as a means to deflect away from addressing any salient points made in the statement. 

Traynor is fast becoming a barrier to our credibility. 

16 minutes ago, beararse said:

Masters of our own down fall I’m afraid.

There was no need to mention the charge,  it’s a distraction from the main target which is the media’s position on Morelos. Nobody really gives a flying fuck that a 12 year old shouted some ill advised abuse.

Nor was there a need to wait to call out the media.

Nor was there a need to invite them to Ibrox for moral reorientation.

Ill advised abuse? 

Not sure why you're trying to play down the fact that one of our players was racially abused here tbh and it's certainly a weird opinion for a Rangers fan to have.

Looks like you're attempting to debate a subject that goes way above your head again, but you decided to join in anyway. 

Just now, BlueMe said:

Ill advised abuse? 

Not sure why you're trying to play down the fact that one of our players were racially abused here tbh and it's certainly a weird opinion for a Rangers fan to have.

Looks like you're attempting to debate a subject that goes way above your head again, but you decided to join in anyway. 

Hes not even just been done with one shout, it's been a few things. 

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Guilty as charged.

Wouldn't bother with RFC52 tbh, his MO preceeds him. He has needs.

He seems to believe he has the divine right to shout down opinion on here.

Anyone he disagrees with gets labelled a mongo or a Fenian or a mutant, and he’s usually backed up by the same cronies who pop up to genuflect at his greatness and offer their support.

I reckon he has a Messiah complex brought upon by the sheer volume of his posts which average out at an astonishing 22 post EVERY single day over the last 11 years!

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

Anyone he disagrees with gets labelled a mongo or a Fenian or a mutant, and he’s usually backed up by the same cronies who pop up to genuflect at his greatness and offer their support.

I reckon he has a Messiah complex brought upon by the sheer volume of his posts which average out at an astonishing 22 post EVERY single day over the last 11 years!

:lol:

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

Top content m8

Spot on imo

3 minutes ago, beararse said:

Spot on mate 

4 minutes ago, beararse said:

You're all 3 though buddy 

5 minutes ago, beararse said:

Just noticed the end bit of the drivel :lol:

9 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Ill advised abuse? 

Not sure why you're trying to play down the fact that one of our players was racially abused here tbh and it's certainly a weird opinion for a Rangers fan to have.

He’s 12 FFS. He might be a rabid 12 year old but he’s 12 none the less.

Not playing it down. Was it well advised to do what he did ? No, so it’s I’ll advised.

Why was it I’ll advised because morally and socially it was a disgraceful act.

Was it needed to be included in the statement? Absolutely not.

We lost control of the narrative as a result, something you’ve all been screaming out for on here. . 

55 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

Has this been published by any main stream newsites, because of it doesn't, it is pointless.

I made the same point yesterday.    The Club should call a press conference  and point out all the bias in media and SFA etc.  Our web site is not the place to get maximum publicity.

11 minutes ago, beararse said:

I've been saying this for ages mate. His lap dogs will no doubt defend him as per. Boring poster.

Archived