*****Official Ross County v Rangers Match Thread*****

OceanRain

It's like a kindergarten in here. The game hasn't even started and people going really nuts with the team line-up.  Despite the situation it's not a dead rubber so we should get behind the team and manager from the start and hopefully get the win. . If it turns out shite then they'll deserve the dog's abuse.  

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s not the formation that wins games.

I would love to have seen us try something else today but even if went went 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 or whatever the half hearted shite would still see us struggle.

If the attitude and workrate are massively improved today the 4-3-3 will win us the game.

Workrate is the most important thing for me in a team sport.

I just want effort and heart, I don’t think that’s unreasonable.

1 minute ago, Misteral said:

It's like a kindergarten in here. The game hasn't even started and people going really nuts with the team line-up.  Despite the situation it's not a dead rubber so we should get behind the team and manager from the start and hopefully get the win. . If it turns out shite then they'll deserve the dog's abuse.  

People are going nuts because the line up and certain players in that line up have been awful for months. Do you expect us to play any different today? 

I understand people saying who else can we play if not this or that team. But that is the managers fault the squad is full of dross and he signed most of them. So other than playing some of the youth who else can we rely on as the squad outside the first eleven and even most of them are not worthy of wearing the blue jersey. 

1 minute ago, Misteral said:

Agreed. A win today and in the scum games, deficit is only four. They dropped half that in midweek.

We need to support the team more than ever even though its a real long shot.

No surrender FFS

:UK:

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I would love to have seen us try something else today but even if went went 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 or whatever the half hearted shite would still see us struggle.

If the attitude and workrate are massively improved today the 4-3-3 will win us the game.

It's ok for you.  You're not up against the hammer throwers that get in our faces every week.

Just now, SPWF said:

People are going nuts because the line up and certain players in that line up have been awful for months. Do you expect us to play any different today? 

Possibly, because we can. I prefer to vent at results and not at guesswork. Even when the guesswork is educated. 

His constant weird team selections, backing of certain players regardless of their lack of performance, just makes me wonder what is his end game... Is he trying to get fired?

Now is the time to try young players, build up for next season.  Patterson had to start ahead of Polster.

The formation isn't working so try something new.  I would've preferred to see Kamberi instead of Davis.  It's Ross County, we should be able to handle them with 2 central midfielders.  The only reason we keep picking 3 is because Davis doesn't have the fitness, pace or speed of thought to play in a 2 man midfield anymore.  Also Goldson needs dropped for a while to make him reassess his effort levels or he won't be here next season.

Really disappointed to see Goldson start, if he was dropped for Katic you could argue Gerrard was trying to change things for the better. Tav being dropped was due to injury, and one change he did make was to bring in Kent for Kamberi who was one of the players that looked interested at least in recent games.

6 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Sky sports build up starts and Gerrard says "it's time for action...not words" then he picks that starting XI 🤪

That's a laugh mate, even in another thread , Gerrard is quoted  as saying he's chatted with  Walter , so if he can't take advice from Walter, he doesn't listen or it's his way or the highway.  With him it's all talk, no action.

18 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

i think its the formation, scottish teams playing very deep cutting out crosses for fun. our full backs are redundant at times.  popcorn teeth seen this and changed it to 3-5-2 

id like us to flood the midfield 3 at the back with 2 forwards. nothing to lose now. 

Archived