Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

8 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

That sounds like the most ridiculous fucking joke of a league setup ever.

If the moon is full and there is no match in Dundee then 4.25 points for a win and if the wind blows from the south when the badgers are sleeping and you hit the crossbar during a game you get a lucky dip bag and 10 points added to your league tally if your club name has 2 syllables and one of your tea ladies is called Agnes but only if she isn’t married to Jim.

Any more ridiculous than claiming that an email never arrived because of the attached pdf file?? This is Scottish football we’re dealing with here, utter ridiculousness is the norm

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely our board have not simply given a metaphorical stamp of their feet. They must have evidence that they will bring to bear ( see what I did there). The focus won't be on this vote, reconstruction or anything else, but on exposing the way business is being conducted and the attitude that prevails within the authorities that should be acting for all their members.

31 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To be brutally honest, this outcome is actually just about the fairest way to do things as I was arguing with @The Dude weeks ago.

Could not call the leagues as they stood and relegate people who could have avoided the drop.

Put it to a vote and get reconstruction on the table.

This way you will find that no-one who was relegated unfairly, no-one missed out on promotion who was in the places to get it automatically.

The one fucking thing they should have done to make sure it was fair all round is state that although a club is in the first spot in their league and they will get the benefit of that, they would not be considered champions.

Dundee Utd get promoted and celtic get a shot at the CL. Bit shit as we could have been the ones earning that, but I could just about swallow it.

None of this excuses the way the SPFL have behaved here though. Rangers must go after them and have their heads removed. If they fail in this, then im probably done with the game to be honest.

Find it hard to argue.

But the way they have done it and behaviour of 2 or 3 teams.

No thanks.

I'm as pissed of as a the next guy, but what is it folk expected the club to do here? We have no control over whether or not the SPFL want to press ahead an announce this resolution as passed. All we can do is judge the club on their response and so far we dont know what the first step is going to be. This is going to be months and months of back and forth. And, as much as I'd love to see it, anyone who think we are going to, or should, come out with everything we've got and just blow our load to the media off the back of a disappointing, but expected, decision wants to have a real think about it again. 

We're all pissed off. Let's see how the club handle it. 

Just now, stu43rigger said:

Any more ridiculous than claiming that an email never arrived because of the attached pdf file?? This is Scottish football we’re dealing with here, utter ridiculousness is the norm

Agreed, laughing stock to the rest of the world but as long as the scum keep winning tainted titles it doesn’t matter.

3 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Even if the club don’t take tickets you think mate ? 

Club not taking tickets and club saying they support a boycott are 2different things mate.

Not taking tickets will lead to away end being sold out independent of the club.

Boycott will start off well, but as folk see others going more and more will go weekly.

Would need UB, C1872, VB, RSCs, all forums etc to buy into it for s boycott to stand a remote chance.

30 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

How are you now jinty? 

I’m much better now thanks! I still wake up burning up some nights and I still feel like I’m walking through cement when I take the dog out but the cough is away now so that helps.

I’m just sickened by these arseholes. A pregnant woman died today and the doctors managed to save her baby but that baby is now motherless because of this bastard virus and they DU clowns are fkn celebrating with a bottle of corona! Do they think that’s funny? Maybe I’m overreacting and they genuinely didn’t even give it two thoughts but when you hear that they are opening a warehouse in Hillington to use as a mortuary then it’s time people put some thoughts into their actions. Fkn cretins.

Just now, eejay the dj said:

Cmon mate , he is hardly that  . There are posters on here that would send you too sleep and don't go the games :lol:

I don't really want to talk about reconstruction cos we all know the reason behind it but am I right in saying we just need one other Premiership team to say no? Who would that be now that Hearts have their arse up the spfl?

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Find it hard to argue.

But the way they have done it and behaviour of 2 or 3 teams.

No thanks.

I would argue all day long mate . If we were sitting top of this league . All this would not be happening 

I just more bears accepting all this as usual . We can't do anything about it maybe , no way I'm accepting it 

3 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I'm as pissed of as a the next guy, but what is it folk expected the club to do here? We have no control over whether or not the SPFL want to press ahead an announce this resolution as passed. All we can do is judge the club on their response and so far we dont know what the first step is going to be. This is going to be months and months of back and forth. And, as much as I'd love to see it, anyone who think we are going to, or should, come out with everything we've got and just blow our load to the media off the back of a disappointing, but expected decision, wants to have a real think about it again. 

We're all pissed off. Let's see how the club handle it. 

Exactly. Now is not the time to make any decisions. It's too raw/heated.

Am I right in thinking nothing for the top flight (champions/relegation-wise) won't be confirmed for a wee while yet .... use that time to take stock and see where we're at.

Obviously I'd be pressing on with trying to sort out an independent enquiry which will take getting others onside, but we need to approach them the right way because, things could be raw for them too and them needing to take stock before either helping or us saying to us where to go.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Club not taking tickets and club saying they support a boycott are 2different things mate.

Not taking tickets will lead to away end being sold out independent of the club.

Boycott will start off well, but as folk see others going more and more will go weekly.

I understand (kind of) that each SPFL team voted to benefit their club.

Raith Rovers and Dundee - if we draw either in a cup then club should refuse tickets.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I don't really want to talk about reconstruction cos we all know the reason behind it but am I right in saying we just need one other Premiership team to say no? Who would that be now that Hearts have their arse up the spfl?

Yes bit we all know there is very high chance of it being 11 others . probably 12 as we will vote to keep them up . 

2 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I’m much better now thanks! I still wake up burning up some nights and I still feel like I’m walking through cement when I take the dog out but the cough is away now so that helps.

I’m just sickened by these arseholes. A pregnant woman died today and the doctors managed to save her baby but that baby is now motherless because of this bastard virus and they DU clowns are fkn celebrating with a bottle of corona! Do they think that’s funny? Maybe I’m overreacting and they genuinely didn’t even give it two thoughts but when you hear that they are opening a warehouse in Hillington to use as a mortuary then it’s time people put some thoughts into their actions. Fkn cretins.

Glad to. Hear you're getting there. 

Aye they're horrible bastards jinty 

4 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Unless they are prepared to break another rule for 2 years notice for restructuring never mind the fact the tv deal would no longer be applicable due to a change of format.

When the clubs that are to be relegated/miss out on promotion realise what’s happened it will be too late.

Paying the price for selling their integrity. Mugs.

Being honest mate I hope it happens. I hope they have sold integrity for jack shit and this reconstruction goes tits up. 

Then they'll see what a promise from the SPFL and lawell is worth. 

Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

Unless they are prepared to break another rule for 2 years notice for restructuring never mind the fact the tv deal would no longer be applicable due to a change of format.

When the clubs that are to be relegated/miss out on promotion realise what’s happened it will be too late.

Paying the price for selling their integrity. Mugs.

Exactly, take budge for example, I think she believes cause she's been put on this "task force" no laughing at the back' that she's going to just sort it all and everything will be fine, no chance! Fuck her and her shitey wee team, I hope they fucking sink faster than the Titanic,the weak gullible bastard's that they are!

Archived