Ferry with Big Wes

Misteral

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might actually watch this later, Pick and choose what I watch from this prick, But I have a lot of time for big Wes, He's not the greatest keeper we have had in my time, but far from the worst, Hates the tarriers too which is always worth a few bonus points 

Thought it was interesting at the end what he said about being priced out of a move away. Might be the reason mark allen got the boot, Ross Wilson seems to be much better at offloading players for fees. We definitely could have got a 7 figure fee for Wes that summer imo. 

Barton a dickhead pops up alot, wallace and miller laying down the law. Gerrard will find out the hard way having no Rangers boys around.

Also warburton pushed/went to early. expectations? If he had the Gerrard/ Pedro money?

From a players mouth, Baffled by pedro manager.... whoever was responsible for the pedro debacle should not still be at our club, even the players were baffled.

Only good thing it seems about pedro the pony was that he hated that wee tarrier bastard Michael Francis more than I did...

Sorry guys .I’m glad he is off .He was in goal, for some of the worst defeats watching Rangers in my life .After our 3-2 loss to the scum at Ibrox .I think Gerrard being in the stands, probably said to himself .We can’t be using him as our number 1 keeper .

The scum have a collection of games, they probably jizz themselves over and rate him, in much the same way as we rated Andrews or McKnight,  back in the late 80’s  .What ever he has to say now, means very little to me .He wasn’t a lucky keeper at any point 

A good interview, big Wes comes over as a likeable guy.  I think it is a bit naieve of him to think that by playing the Warburton philosphy week in week out in the SPL would work the same way as it had done.  We were already starting to get found out a bit in the last month or so of the Champ season so Barton was probably correct, the soft centre of our squad just didn't enjoy the way he went about it rightly or wrongly. 

It was very clear Gerrard didn't fancy him from the off but fair play to Wes as he has stuck in and got himself back as the No2 and in to some cup games.  As above, leaves with my best wishes.

Just a decent journeyman goalkeeper who would have been rated  higher a less highlighted team than ours. Seems a likeable bloke and stayed loyal too us too.

A series of poor managers and playing behind some of the worst Rangers players ever. and the expectation did not help, and really he was finished the day after the whole defence bottled  it in front of the cellic fans. 

1 hour ago, RowX said:

A good interview, big Wes comes over as a likeable guy.  I think it is a bit naieve of him to think that by playing the Warburton philosphy week in week out in the SPL would work the same way as it had done.  We were already starting to get found out a bit in the last month or so of the Champ season so Barton was probably correct, the soft centre of our squad just didn't enjoy the way he went about it rightly or wrongly. 

It was very clear Gerrard didn't fancy him from the off but fair play to Wes as he has stuck in and got himself back as the No2 and in to some cup games.  As above, leaves with my best wishes.

The warburton philosophy was found out by about Xmas when we were in the championship. Was only the cup games after that where we had any joy (other than the final)

9 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

He was a loser and a shite goalkeeper 

Glad he’s off the wage bill, will not miss seeing him in peril any time a player is shaping to shoot from outside the box 

Couldn’t have put it better myself.

He was decent. No better no worse. 

Made some good saves and was good with the ball at his feet. He seems to have an issue with that area about 20-25 yards out where, like a lot of English keepers, he seems to take a second longer than he should to pick up the ball and so conceded a few that he really ought to have saved.

The Pedro goalie coach after all the shambles of his sessions joining in a training game and being unreal was funny 👍🏻😂, good to hear he couldn’t speak highly enough of Greegs on and off the park, must be hard for these lads to grit their teeth and show respect towards the fans when the treatment he took was a fucking disgrace 

50 minutes ago, wully said:

The save from nae neck is as good as anything ive seen.

Tbf in that clip he produces some cracking saves and a good few double saves....the problem is someone could make video the same length of time with all the soft goals(especially long range) he lost😅

Decent enough back up but nowhere near good enough for number1

Archived