***Official Scotland v Iceland*** thread

Columbo

This is a massive game and I believe that if we fail ot win then we will not make it to South Africa. Burley has to be brave and go for the 3 points. This is his last chance to prove himself as Scotland manager because the doubters (like me) are out. With us needing 3 points we must start 4-4-2. I'd go with.

-McGregor-

-Hutton-Caldwell-McManus-Naysmith-

-Brown-Fletcher-Ferguson-Morrison-

-Miller-Fletcher-

WE HAVE TO WIN!

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So true, we need to win convincingly at that due to the point & goal differance in other groups. This group is the best we have been drawn in for years yet it's looking like we will be struggling to finish 3rd nevermind 2nd. We have decent players and I don't understand why we don't perform well as a unit.

I'd go with the team you have but would probably have Fletcher & Iwelumo up front. I'd even consider playing Ferguson/Brown in CM, drop D Fletcher and have Whittaker at RM. He always linked up well with Hutton and can be a threat going forward.

I'd love to see us hammer them but I see us throwing the kitchen sink at them but coming out with a 0-0. If Scotland don't win on Weds we have to get a new man in and give him time to work out how to make us good again. Don't hit me - but i'd have Strachan if he leaves the stinky ones at the end of the season.

-----------------------McGregor-------------------------

Hutton---------Berra-----------Caldwell---------Naysmith

------------Fletcher-------Brown--------Ferguson---------

Morrison----------------Iwelumo----------------McCormack

Fletcher upfront instead of Iwelumo would be my team.

-----------------------McGregor-------------------------

Hutton---------Berra-----------Caldwell---------Naysmith

------------Fletcher-------Brown--------Ferguson---------

Morrison----------------Iwelumo----------------McCormack

i like this team. cant wait for wed. i'll b there, as always.

i love seeing teams getting fecked in.

come on!

Iwelumo... why?

I know we have no strikers but Iwelumo??

Despite his sitter, he's still the best option for the lone striking role as he's a good target man who can score goals. He will win headers and hold the ball up.

(tu) Just what I was thinking.

Most people fail to see past his sitter and think he's a shite fooballer.

Not the case at all.

It's nice to actually have a bit of interest again in Scotland - When Burley picked AM ahead of Gordon and proved himself not to be a hypocrite regarding the Boyd situation justification (even though his reasons were wrong on that occasion) I have to say my overall dislike of the current regime softened a tad.

I do feel though that he got certain decisions wrong against the Dutch - such as Alexander (who was weak in the air at the second goal) rather than Whittaker and McCormack in such a high profile match on the wings.

And sadly I'd have to say the woeful set piece defending appeared to be as much down to a lack of organisation and tactics at the back than any major individual blunders.

My team would probably be exactly the one posted in the first post. But I'd be working like fuck on those set pieces so the back 4 know exactly who to mark, and where they should be at all times. And be dominant in the air.

The Celtic-minded sections of the media have decided that Saturday's defeat was all McGregor's fault, so will Burley drop him?

If he's sticking to his principles, then Gordon is still as unfit in terms of matches as he was at the weekend, so it's an interesting decision.

McGregor
Hutton Barr McManus McAllister
Morrison Brown Rae Whittaker
Iwelumo McCormack

Punt the rubbish: Alexander, Berra, Caldwell, Naysmith, Ferguson, Teale, Fletcher and Miller.