Peter Martin dismisses the idea of it being'Sir' Walter Smith

Boab

Let's make Rangers manager Walter Smith First Minister.

In fact, we should go the whole hog and make a movie about him.

Sean Connery can take the lead role with Robert Downey Jnr as Ally McCoist and Mike Myers as Dr Evil to cover Kenny McDowall's role.

It might sound far fetched but after a week where one Ibrox legend called for him to be knighted after a 2-1 win over Celtic, I am now convinced the plot has been well and truly lost.

The sycophants who worship Walter's every move were on the march for his inclusion in The Queen's new year's honours list in 2008.

But they had to quickly hide in corners when the script at the end of the season didn't go to plan and Celtic took the title.

Jock Stein won the greatest trophy in European football and never got a sniff of an OBE for political reasons or otherwise.

Walter Smith doesn't need a Sir at the beginning of his name.

There's still work to be done and next month, when results go against him, there are some who'll want him taken to the gallows.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...2531879.0.0.php

I'm not that bothered either way, would be nice mind you.

What a bitter, delusional little man is Peter McGuire. Does it hurt being second best?

And, no, i have no idea why someone who covered up peadophilia at Celtic Park and protected the offender from the authorities doesn't deserve to be honoured. Baffling really. :rolleyes:

peter martin i hope its sore ya rhat. Arise Sir walter. The tims won the eurpoean cup when it was 3 rounds or so to the final. Most of the teams dont exist anymore. Our run to the final of the cup winners cup was harder ffs. Anyway enjoy being bottom of the europa group and european football while it lasts.

Why dont you dig up mr stein and stroke his balls

What a bitter, delusional little man is Peter McGuire. Does it hurt being second best?

And, no, i have no idea why someone who covered up peadophilia at Celtic Park and protected the offender from the authorities doesn't deserve to be honoured. Baffling really. :rolleyes:

:lol: indeed.

Would be a more surprising article if he was agreeing with it, guys is a :wanker: end of story. Makes the board dirty having references to him on here

Exactly what i was thinking.

Like everyone else has said, bitter, twisted tim. :wanker:

disguised bitterness.

Never really thought that of him until reading that.

Yes i know he is a Celtic man and that has never bothered me but reading that, his veil of green tinted glasses has slipped to show thebitter taste of defeat

Bitter sod. The Paedo Shielder won ra big wan when the game itself was a very different proposition to what it is today.

Why shouldn't Smith be given an honour like that?

Edit: oops

I don,t think Walter should get a knighthood either. I think theses things are thrown around the trendies too cheaply. They mean very little these days.

My beef is against this whole patronising circus of honours for sycophants. Walter is well out of it.

But this guy Martin is something else. The bitterness and bigoted hatred is dripping out of every word in his article. He is unable to make a clear and honest opinion without his bitterness showing.

Walter's been in the game for a long time. He's made a huge difference to many a player's lives, the community, the country, the world!

Why should it be SAF and not SWS? Not sure Walter would want to be Sir Walter anyway.

But Peter Martin? Wank of the highest order... Fuck him.