Steven Whittaker

martyboy2009

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been slated for saying Whittaker is a liability and will cost us dearly. He wasn't good enough to play right back for a mid table Hibs. Every single team manager sends his team out to attack his side because he always drifts away from his opponent; he looks and sees his man free on the touchline and wanders further into the centre. He cannot pass the ball, he cannot cross the ball, no balance, no coordination and no concentration.

I have been slated for saying Whittaker is a liability and will cost us dearly. He wasn't good enough to play right back for a mid table Hibs. Every single team manager sends his team out to attack his side because he always drifts away from his opponent; he looks and sees his man free on the touchline and wanders further into the centre. He cannot pass the ball, he cannot cross the ball, no balance, no coordination and no concentration.

Mulgrew and Aluko (if he is fit) will tear him apart down that side on Saturday.

Every game, we are torn a new one down our right side!

I can see it, the people around me can see it, guy's on here can, the opposition can....yet our manager can't.

Say's it all. £2m waste of space.

Awful player.

We've conceded the same goal about nine times this year; ball in behind Whittaker because he's out of position, ball to back post, striker too quick for a docile Papac and bang! We've lost a goal.

Awful player.

We've conceded the same goal about nine times this year; ball in behind Whittaker because he's out of position, ball to back post, striker too quick for a docile Papac and bang! We've lost a goal.

Yet the management can't see it doh

Awful player.

Happened with Unirea, happened tonight.

£4.5 million wasted on him and McCulloch.

I've defended him until now. Another player we need to get rid of.

I was the same, I always gave him a bit of credit and let him off with murder at times but today was the last of it... we are too easy on players somtimes... nobody around him for 10 yards and he overhits the cross...

Our worst player on the park tonight. Joke.

Hes decent at going fowward but a joke in defense. He's more of a midfielder but his tracking back tonight was really poor and he was run ragged tonight. He cost us two goals in the Sevilla game as well.

Not long in the door. What a fucking shite journey home after that performance.

Whittaker was just diabolical. Week in week out we watch the opposition focus their attacks down our right hand side. Something needs to be done about it immediately - either Magic or McMillan should step in.

If you ever watch him closely he has two big failings:

Cannot defend as his positional sense is to drift inside and leave the winger acres of room to get in a cross.

After shuttling forward looks very out of breath and really struggles to get back.

Many on here are saying that we had quite a few under achievers tonight - Correct.

But how would you feel if you had to play in the same team as Whittaker every fuckin week?!!?!?!?!?

He's bringing everybody down to his level.

Him AND McCulloch!

I've seen more joints on a fuckin breadboard.

And as for Laugherty, aye, a meant tae spell it like that, ye couldnae get a fag paper below him when he's jumpin for a baw!

A hate slaggin aff oor ain players but Whittaker, and probably McCulloch need tae go.

Not long in the door. What a fucking shite journey home after that performance.

Whittaker was just diabolical. Week in week out we watch the opposition focus their attacks down our right hand side. Something needs to be done about it immediately - either Magic or McMillan should step in.

The opposition must be rubbin their hauns when they see the c@nts name oan the team sheet.

A can jist hear their manager:

"Right guys, it's yer birthday - Whittakers at right back again - everythin goes doon that fuckin wing"!