Rangers lining up Joe Ledley!?

Ok so he quits Cardiff as they didn't get into the EPL. But rejects EPL clubs to play in the SPL. doh

Maybe he wants to win things.

He'll attract the likes of Birmingham, Bolton, Blackburn, Fulham etc from the Premiership.

In other words, mid-table mediocrity.

Exactly, at 23 it's not like he would be signing to end his career at Rangers. A season or 2 in the SPL to win things and gain European experience which he can take to the EPL with him.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good player would welcome him at Rangers, it would be another step up for him then he could go to the EPL or such alike and we could cash in. I certainly wouldn't be complaining. :sherlock:

With a rumoured budget of 5 million for player deals and wages and with this deal likely to cost over 2 million(wages and signing on fee) you have to wonder if it would be as good a piece of business(in the short term at least) as some people are making out.

Surely we aren't in a position to blow almost half our budget on one player, nevermind a player who tends to play in the middle of the park.

I could see this happening tbh.

Sign him for nothing, decent wages and then 6-12 months down the line sell him to an EPL club while we make a hefty profit.

Tbh I have not seen a lot of him but anytime I have seen him he has been playing CM.

left midfielder and I could imagine Gavin Rae, Chris Burke and Ross McCormack saying to him that he would not regret going here because 1 or 2 seasons here could propel him to a bigger EPL club either that Walter would ruin him haha

He's been playing in the middle of the park for sometime now - doesn't have the attributes we require; he's not got much pace, very rarely takes on a man, doesn't score many goals, not the best delivery, injury problems...

He's rated at 10million and we could get him for nothing.

Get him signed !

He's not rated at anywhere near the price you've mentioned.

Yes he is, Wigan had either an 8million rejected in January and he is now rated at 10million.

Seen that in a paper so im not saying its true.

Had a quick look online and seen this on bbc website.

Rangers have continued their interest in Welsh cap Joe Ledley who lit up Wembley at the weekend for Cardiff, only to see his side fall just short losing to Charlie Adam's Blackpool.

Ledley is one of the rising stars of Welsh football and his signature is much saught after by clubs across England with Wigan having tabled an �8 million offer for the player as recently as January - however Rangers could stand to sign the player for free as he is out of contract with English clubs still having to pay compensation.

West Ham, Stoke, Fulham, Blackburn Rovers are all set to make a move for the player, however they are believed to be cautious about any large fee.

Cardiff born Ledley has been playing for his hometown club for six years and has featured regularly as a left sided midfielder and also filled in more centrally and at left back - versatility that would marry him well with the gaffer Walter Smith.

:wink:

I would litterally squeek with excitement if we signed joe ledley! Yeh we might only manage to hold onto him for a year, but we'd be guarenteed a profit and he's a helluva player, left midfield would be sorted!

Get him signed !

£10m my arse, that's why he's still at Cardiff, with no club ever putting in a bid anywhere near that figure.

Get him signed !

£10m my arse, that's why he's still at Cardiff, with no club ever putting in a bid anywhere near that figure.

Id say 8m is quite near it muff...

these are the sort of players we should be looking at. The stark reality for us now is that were a selling club, thats how were going to make our money now.

Get him signed !

wigan had £8.2 mill bid rejected in january

According to Sky Sports and BBC Sports, it was £4m, Cardiff wanted £6m.

Cardiff rejected a bid from Stoke a few seasons ago, rumoured to be £6m.

If Joe Ledley is a £10m player, then Steven Davis is a £20m player. Surely Cardiff should have accepted the enquiry from Wigan, insteasd of rejecting it, and losing him on a bosman, especially since at the time, they were in financial trouble!!