James Beattie

ronniemca

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still think he needs more time

and to be fair the chances aint exactly flying in to him to put them away and show what he can do..its basically him trying to create something out of nothing most of the time.

He should have shown some improvement by now but nothing has changed.

I never rated him but to be fair to him he has pulled off into some good positions outside the box but he has had about one clear cut chance in 4 games and that was well saved against Killie.

Hopefully he can improve but I would prefer Miller and Jelavic up front.

c,mon guys give the guy a break we all know he needs games to get match fit. i,m sure he,ll do a job for us when fully fit. dont judge him after a couple of games. the whole team has been terrible so far this season apart from miller.

The whole thing is about opinions and discussions.

In my opinion he is shite was shite and will be shite.

Match fitness my arse I read stuff when we signed him weeks ago stating he had a cracking pre season and was looking the business,total pish.How long does it take FFS.I'm probably being a bit harsh but I would be grateful if someone could clear up this "Not Fit" bullshit as previously stated did he not have a normal pre season with Stoke.

Why we spent what is reportedly 1.5 million on him beggars belief but I'm afraid that on the whole we tend not to cover ourselves in glory in the transfer market.

Wasn't the worst performer today but looked off pace. I think people are expecting too much from Beattie, Beattie's main role for Rangers will to be a big target man and hold onto balls for Miller and Jelavic to run on to.

Fair enough - but he'll need tae get tae them first.

We have a variety of different striking options.

Miller - The goalscorer and th one who works the channels and creates chances for himself and his team mates.

Jelavic - All round striker who thrives on crosses coming into the box.

Beattie - Someone to batter the oppositions defence and put himself about.

I think the best partnership is Miller and Jelavic.

So why are we signing players who have hardly kicked a ball in previous seasons, have a history of injuries and fitness trouble, no pre-season and will take time to get fit and in shape.

I'm sorry, if a footballer can't improve his sharpness, fitness, shape, touch etc in 4 weeks, then questions have to be asked. James Beattie is in poor shape.

IMO he was finished years ago. He's a big carthorse who is at the end of his career. No suprise that we were the only club interested in him and I can't understand why we signed him, when we had Miller, Fleck, Velicka, Laffery, Naismith and were in talks with Rapid Wien over the signing of Nikica Jelavic, especially when we were needing and still need a left sided attacking midfielder/winger. I'm sure the money and wages spent could have found one or even a better target man.

James Beattie is a player who's had about 2-3 good seasons in his whole career.